******* Nov 6 - Main PR Thread ******* We're LIVE

without item
Twitter: followed
spectrum.ieee.org commented, although one comment is pending review

Item 1

Reddit: subscribed and upvoted
Facebook: no account there…
Reddit2: subscribed and upvoted
Wired Article: commented (finally got released; I thought i failed at registering a dworking disqus account…)
ArsTechnica: to be done
abcnews: commented (waiting for release)
Forbes: to be done
BusinessInsider: commented; fought battle with a troll called “maximian”
mtgox: request submitted - no reply
Reddit3: subscribed and upvoted
Forbes2: to be done
Kevin Rose replied

Item 2

Item 3
bitcointalk commented
cryptocointalk to be done; need account…

Item 4
Kevin Rose replied (q.v. Item 1)

Item 5
Michael Jordaan replied

Item 6
?

In terms of the commenting on the articles, this is part of the PR strategy we have for my main business, but all the comments have to be constructive.

I’ve been looking at the comments we’ve had on articles so far a lot of which have just been ‘What about Peercoin?’ or similar. Personally I think this just looks like we are trying to pump and dump our own alt-coin.

The comments need to highlight the benefits of Peercoin, what it is all about and how it varies from Bitcoin. They should also try to address the issues raised in the article (this works quite well for catching the authors attention to include the comments in future articles).

I’m trying to clear my calender a bit over the next couple of weeks so I can have some time to write some synopsis of articles on Peercoin that we can approach the editors with to see if there is interest in us writing a full article on those topics.

At the moment people are just about getting their head around using Bitcoin, and we can’t ignore the network effect that Bitcoin now has as well as the market recognition, so we need to be patient with Peercoin and really focus on showing where the value is.

The current coverage of the 25% attack on PoW, whether or not is a real threat, is ideal as it is getting widespread main press coverage (BBC have run a story on it) and we should be able to demonstrate that Peercoin is not vulnerable to such an attack with the majority of blocks now being PoS. This will probably need Sunny’s input to provide the evidence of this, Justabitoftime has emailed him, but I expect we will see a lot more stories in the next 12 to 18 months on potential vulnerabilities of Bitcoin.

“In terms of the commenting on the articles, this is part of the PR strategy we have for my main business, but all the comments have to be constructive.”

Encourage constructive comments - yes
Have any real control over the actions of people that aren’t part of a company - no

Like I said before, this is much easier said than done. The amount of hours of time it’s taken just to get people to move forward (that weren’t already participating) is staggering.

This was my one attempt, the next person will be able to improve on it.

Request: Could we please move the debate to another thread in the PR forum? This was meant for action items.

I agree that just getting any comments is excellent, and you’ve done a fantastic job of organising basically everything!

I suppose my main point was that among the core team, who are essentially invested in the success of Peercoin, we should encourage people to leave longer constructive comments over lots of small comments.

I’ll bow to your wider experience in crypto currency grass root campaigns though :slight_smile:

[quote=“nox-, post:44, topic:653”]I agree that just getting any comments is excellent, and you’ve done a fantastic job of organising basically everything!

I suppose my main point was that among the core team, who are essentially invested in the success of Peercoin, we should encourage people to leave longer constructive comments over lots of small comments.

I’ll bow to your wider experience in crypto currency grass root campaigns though :)[/quote]

Core team - 100% agreement

Everyone else - You nailed, that’s always the challenge. I figure if we get them familiar with contributing, it’ll get better as time goes on. That’s why we have a new members manager position that we quickly need to fill. That role would be a tremendous help on guiding new people, I simply lack the time. :frowning:

Morning,

I have one suggestion. We could try using altcointip bot a bit on reddit and just tipping a lot of users one or half a ppc each.

Altcointip bot is also doing this redeem your Karma for money where

amount = $0.1 + (link_karma × $0.00005) + (comment_karma × $0.000005)

can be redeemed once in every altcoin currency, and its asking for donations to fund this service.

We could fund this service, and ask that if enough ppcoins are donated that the amount given in ppc is doubled, the amount still wouldn’t be too high as a user with 10000 of each would still only get less than three ppc. It probably wouldn’t take all too many coins.

I think this would be a more effective version of a giveaway as rather than reaching a couple of new users, and a bunch of people well versed in cryptocurrencies we’d be attracting attention from people who aren’t too aware of cryptocurrencies.

I’ll try doing it a bit myself with about 10 ppc, on a few subreddits.

I’m adding this statement to future items:

“Please provide thoughtful comments if you have a moment. You don’t have to write a novel, however, we’re also not looking for a few words. :)”

Another forbes article we can comment on!

I’m sorry guys for not being around that much during the push, but I’ve had too many things going on. I’m at least trying to spread around what we’re trying to do. Hopefully when I get more time I can go through this entire list.

An idea during the rush…

Since the object is to get more people to find peercoin.net to read about the coin, is to explain why it someone would want PPC instead of just staying with Bitcoin on the front page.

This is what the frontpage of peercoin.net says:

“Decentralized Money. Peercoin is an open source peer-to-peer Internet currency. It enables instant payments to anyone! No banks, no fraud, no hidden-fees. Just money the way it should be.”

While that is true, it also holds true for Bitcoin too! We’re not saying anything different… Everyone is hearing about Bitcoin. That statement doesn’t help sway someone onto PPcoin.

We should tackle this from the standpoint of “Ok, the person coming to the website already knows about Bitcoin. Let’s say something in 10 words or less that explains why they should also invest in PPCoin”

How about:

Decentralized Money.

PPcoin has technological advancements that outshine Bitcoin in the long term. The next generation of cryptocurrency is here
and is growing steadily everyday. PPCoin uses Proof of Stake (the age of coins) to keep the network functional. This requires
a lot less electricity and is a greener alternative to Bitcoin. PPCoin has wide acceptance already. Do not miss the opportunity
to get involved!

I wrote that fairly quick. With lots of people in here, I think we could re-write something together that is even better.

[quote=“JustaBitofTime, post:47, topic:653”]I’m adding this statement to future items:

“Please provide thoughtful comments if you have a moment. You don’t have to write a novel, however, we’re also not looking for a few words. :)”[/quote]

Fine! That’s all what I wanted to see, a little encouragement to add value to the comments.

So I think we can close this debate now. We will see what will be the results of the campaign. At least, we seem to have reached a new all-time-high :wink:

Item 7 is LIVE!

First of all, please upvote this on Reddit…

http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/1q5408/reminder_for_official_peercoin_volunteers_please/

Now, this is a reminder ONLY for official Peercoin volunteers. The Coindesk article has now been released, so we need all of you to help out by visiting the private PR board at PeercoinTalk.org and blasting out an email to news organizations using our large media list. The instructions and the media list are at this link…

http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=812.0

You will only be able to see the thread above if you are an official Peercoin volunteer. If you want to volunteer, all you need to do is fill out the following survey and we will contact you…

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/J9RNLPH

With your help here, we can take this PR push to the next level!

[quote=“ppcman, post:50, topic:653”]While that is true, it also holds true for Bitcoin too! We’re not saying anything different… Everyone is hearing about Bitcoin. That statement doesn’t help sway someone onto PPcoin.

We should tackle this from the standpoint of “Ok, the person coming to the website already knows about Bitcoin. Let’s say something in 10 words or less that explains why they should also invest in PPCoin”

How about:

Decentralized Money.

PPcoin has technological advancements that outshine Bitcoin in the long term. The next generation of cryptocurrency is here
and is growing steadily everyday. PPCoin uses Proof of Stake (the age of coins) to keep the network functional. This requires
a lot less electricity and is a greener alternative to Bitcoin. PPCoin has wide acceptance already. Do not miss the opportunity
to get involved![/quote]

I think you’re onto something, we need to really stand out on our own.