No minting going on for months now

could it be your node is not fully synchronised? it needs to be synchronised to be able to mint new blocks

Hi Leonardi,

Are you using the latest version of the software? If you haven’t used it in years then you’ve missed out on a lot.

As far as the question about holding or selling goes, that depends on your philosophy and goals, in my opinion. I don’t think I’ll ever stop holding, but my advocacy of Peercoin is coming from a libertarian perspective regarding cryptocurrency, not from a trading for profit perspective. I have acquired, and occasionally spent, Peercoin over the years but have ALWAYS kept my wallet open for minting and I mint a little bit almost every day. The whole idea behind the low-power sustainability of the network is that holders keep their wallets open for minting which is what gives Peercoin strength. It’s up to you, of course, but I don’t see a whole lot of sense in holding Peercoin if you aren’t keeping the wallet open to mint and contribute to the strength of the network. If you’re a believer, like me, then update your wallet and leave it open 24/7.

3 Likes

Hi all, How can I tell if my wallet has ran out of keys? I havent been able to mint again since 15 Oct…

When minting no new keys are required.So your question is a bit weird. I recently release FindstakeNet/Mono to find out if/when your coins will mint. Should check it out.

Well if you look back up the thread, thats exactly what the team has said has gone wrong

I 'll repeat 1 last time. Your address will be reused so no new private key is used.

Ok, look, just trying to understand why my wallet stops minting… its not making sense and there is very little info I can find on it. If I’ve got the issue, it could be likely so have others.

can you write down what listunspent outputs? and use it in finstakejs: https://peercoin.github.io/FindstakeJS/FindstakeSinglePage/#/ It will search for a date. If it does that should give you a hint when it will mint.

Thank you thats helpful… will give it a go

Ok. Stay positive, I myself have 2 outputs older than 550 days old already and still no date, shit happens sometimes

Still no luck. Now my wallet says it has no connections and cannot even update.
:pensive:

sounds more like there is some issue with your internet or network connection…, as long as you can install the wallet and are able to sync (download the blocks) your coins should all be fine

not sure what your issue is, have been running peercoin without much trouble, you can do it on raspberry pi even

Internet is fine. The wallet says no connections. I disabled virus checker etc. Running 0.8.4 as I’m on a win32 machine as Peercoin’s 0.9.0 version is only win64.

I don’t use a PC anymore but have to run my old one for keeping the Peercoin wallet and it doesn’t work. Reinstalled again and still no luck.

please upgrade to 0.9 and try again, https://github.com/peercoin/peercoin/releases/download/v0.9.0ppc/peercoin-0.9.0-win32-setup-unsigned.exe is the link for 32 bit version

(also consider upgrading your system too to be ready for the future with more and bits)

you were probably stuck syncing because still on the old version, network updated with new rules and old version isnt supported anymore, your coins still are supported tho in wallet.dat (always keep that safe and back upped)

Thanks so much that’s very kind of you. Didn’t know it existed. Why isn’t this on the Peercoin main page with the other version of the installer. I can’t really update my PC as I don’t use it anymore as don’t need it. Everything I do is on the iPhone or iPad.

Update. Still doesn’t connect or work even with the latest version. Internet working and virus checker disabled.

I tried several times and deleted everything and registry codes, everything, and reinstalled.
Still won’t work. No remedy. Odd thing is i didn’t need to find the backup as it did it automatically as it loaded with my correct number of coins.
Is there anyway to access my coins or is it a dead duck ?

as long as you have your wallet.dat your coins are safe, dont worry

can you try deleting peers.dat from %APPDATA%\Peercoin\ and restart peercoin?

if you still dont get any connections you can try adding addnodes to peercoin.conf (also in same directory)

addnode=explorer.peercoin.net
addnode=100.14.224.164
addnode=100.21.178.5
addnode=101.114.155.83
addnode=108.4.200.151
addnode=109.95.145.198
addnode=116.202.129.35
addnode=116.202.132.28
addnode=118.161.68.169
addnode=118.200.20.33
addnode=119.3.138.218
addnode=121.35.181.151
addnode=121.98.52.216
addnode=128.199.220.58
addnode=135.23.92.69
addnode=141.138.32.101
addnode=143.176.72.4

try these, you should get a connection and synchronizing should resume
(if still nothing try to resync from scratch again, delete everything except wallet.dat and restart the client now synchronizing should begin from block 0 and you should find peers and it should all work)

Many thanks for this, it’s very kind of you.
I don’t really want to leave Peercoin as I believe in it and that it’s the best coin out there. And I appreciate the developers have done a lot of work developing the technology to make it a true future proof green and secure alternative to the wasteful but ever so popular bitcoin, I guess that some time should have been doing promoting it more so it would now be a leader and on the major trading apps to buy directly with Fiat, and wish that iPhone wallets could be created too.
I love Peercoin but I could possibly invest elsewhere and then come back and use it as a secure store which is less volatile than Bitcoin.

i guess the addnodes wont help much because your blockchain database is from this old fork and probably you are not getting connections because other nodes recognize you are on the wrong version and block the connection… so anyway, you should resync from 0 and you should get connections, or you can add them with addnodes, but it should be fine when you are on latest version and sync from scratch

Hi,
Many many thanks. I deleted everything and it didn’t make a difference but the add nodes did work thanks to your expertise. I greatly appreciate your kind help and patience and now hopefully.

Oh dear. Moved my Peercoin to the ABRA wallet but it’s doing nothing. ABRA says it needs 12 blockchain confirmations and my Peercoin wallet says

What’s going on now ? Will I ever see my coins arrive ?

Thanks for your help.

I always kept it open for 18 hours a day when some years ago I used the PC for work. But no coins ever minted. Always said 100% probability within 30 days for like a few years :woman_shrugging: