No minting going on for months now

Hmmm, firewall… ok… wonder if this could this be the issue? Port isnt open or something?
Is there a way to test if the firewall is blocking outbound connections or something?

EDIT: Checked firewall settings and Peercoin-qt.exe is an allowed app on the firewall

when the wallet says it is minting (padlock open) it should be working

There was a thing about port 9901 and if its closed you will only have 8 connections maximum. ButI don’t think that should stop you from minting. Im at a loss for this one.

Are you minting with a bech32 address?

No idea what this means

Perhaps create a brand new wallet and transfer all my PPC there? I’ll lose my coin age, but presumably its better than never minting in 4 months…?

1 Like

You can try dumping and importing the keys. This will preserve your coinage.

^thats old, but basically its the same commands. Let me know if you need help.

Do i need to import the private keys into a brand new wallet?

I think i’ve done it (into the same wallet)
Do I just wait and see if minting starts up?

If it’s the same wallet then the keys are already in there and importing them won’t do anything.

Gotcha! Will import into a new wallet

ok seems to have successfully imported private addresses into a new blank wallet… will report back if minting happens

2 Likes

ITS WORKING!!! So importing private keys into a brand new wallet… still not sure what went wrong with the old wallet though…

4 Likes

As @backpacker69 has told you your old wallet ran out of keys.

1 Like

I’d love to know what that actually means! How does a wallet run out of keys?

I’m confused. I’ve been holding my coins in the wallet for years and never seen anything happen. Is my wallet messed up ?

if it is encrypted and you did not unlock it for minting, that is normal
for minting you need to be online with your wallet and it needs to be unlocked for minting (or unencrypted)

I do unlock it when I open it. Always says it’s about to mind coins and shows 99.9% likelihood. That was three years ago !
So it was unlocked. :woman_shrugging:
My number of coins is the same.
And will they ever go up again ?

Plus why don’t they make an iPhone app wallet ?

for how long do you leave the wallet open?
it should work, any ideas from debug.log?

iPhone app will be there when someone develops it, needs software developer and time, it will get there some day

The wallet used to be open unlocked for 18 hours a day for a few years. Now I no longer bother turning on the pc as I never saw any difference, no gains and I mostly use the iPhone as I’m always on the go.
I haven’t made one Peercoin in all this time yet I own over 5000. Massive losses is all I ‘gained’. Do you think it’s worth holding onto them or is it just a dead crypto ?