New Members Please Read This First

Thanks

Just found this thread. Thanks for the info.

I really appreciate your hard work, but I did not understand your instructions. I am lost at how to set up ppcfolder and commands. I will try to read more to get myself familiar with computer terms and commands, but I have to tell you that for the average person this is not an easy thing to do. How exactly will this catch on when it is so difficult to get started? Just frustrated.

Here is the part I don’t understand about setting up wallet.
6) Now make a text file document in this folder and copy the following into the doc and save it as “PPCoin.conf” (you will need to take the .txt option off when saving it)

Mine would only save as .txt Is that a problem?

Example of config file here… http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=3.0

Okay, so do I copy the whole first part or what exactly???

just be sure to change the lines: ----What lines are you talking about?

And what is this below? Do I copy this too?

rpcuser=INPUT_YOUR_USERNAME_HERE
rpcpassword=INPUT_YOUR_PASSWORD_HERE

1. Now run the program… C:\Program Files (x86)\PPCoin\daemon\ppcoind.exe (by double clicking the program from windows explorer)

What do you mean by double clicking the program from windows explorer?

Sorry if I sound pathetic, but I have tried to do all this and I just don’t know what I am doing. These directions are probably great for those a bit more computer savvy, but I am at a loss.

Token reply so I can create a topic.

However this forum seems to have the harshest anti-spam rules I’ve seen. Not only do you have the two post requirement before you can create a topic, but you have to fill in capcha’s to post even when logged in.

Did this place have a really bad spam problem at some point? (For me, solving capchas is hard, it usually takes me two tries, which is kinda annoying if I have to do it every time I post). Anyone know what the reason is for all this?

[quote=“Unixnut, post:45, topic:718”]Token reply so I can create a topic.

However this forum seems to have the harshest anti-spam rules I’ve seen. Not only do you have the two post requirement before you can create a topic, but you have to fill in capcha’s to post even when logged in.

Did this place have a really bad spam problem at some point? (For me, solving capchas is hard, it usually takes me two tries, which is kinda annoying if I have to do it every time I post). Anyone know what the reason is for all this?[/quote]
yes sorry about that but unfortunately the forum gets hit a lot and all the time with spam and some even still gets through… they are persistent :frowning: but I am dedicated ,resilient and we have a good team of mods with various measures to stop the spam… also now you are over 2 posts you are fine :slight_smile: welcome to the community

Fuzzybear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:46, topic:718”]yes sorry about that but unfortunately the forum gets hit a lot and all the time with spam and some even still gets through… they are persistent :frowning: but I am dedicated ,resilient and we have a good team of mods with various measures to stop the spam… also now you are over 2 posts you are fine :slight_smile: welcome to the community

Fuzzybear[/quote]

Wow, such a shame that they have to ruin the experience for the rest of us. I just hope you don’t make this any harder going forward :smiley: I swear we are getting to the point where bots can solve capchas better than I can, which is a worrying trend for me :-\

Thank you very much for your hard work and dedication in keeping the forum a clean place, and thanks for the welcome as well :slight_smile:

Hi everyone

i am crypto fan

hi, just getting one of my posts out of the way need a little help

Great coin!

Bought some coins!

I’ll wonder:

You can’t mine PPCOIN?
If so can I just use a shitty computer with i5 processor for that?
I was goin to start a thread but need 2 replies.

seeya later!

why in API not exist listunspent ??

conn.listunspent() ??/?

error - Method not found

Cheers!

very helpful

I have a problem. I installed the Peercoin wallet on my iMac. Once opened, I saw no indication of block chain downloading in the bottom left. Nothing was there at all. Assuming then that it must have been a lite client that didn’t require a block chain (how am I to know without an indication?) I went ahead and withdrew my 10 Peercoins from Cryptsy into the receiving address of my wallet.

That’s when my wallet decided to indicate the following to me in the bottom left:

WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers of the issue.

Please tell me there is a way to fix this and that I didn’t just throw 10 peer coins away into the void. That would be quite upsetting for my faith in this project

please help!

false alarm. Please disregard. It synced and I see that I have my Peercoins.

Wondering though why PPC opted to show a “Warning message” as opposed to a standard download bar indicator. Great way to give a PPC newbie a heart attack

Just started mining peercoins today… going slowly, but it’s a start.

I think XPM r cool. Large prime is Anti-GPU when will it change

Hello! I Just started mining in the ecoining pool. Fun times thus far, although I believe we are at 200% of the current block I know that something is bound to give!

Thanks!

Hello!

We are now accepting Peercoin and are here to share the news!