New Marketing Strategy

Any progress on the website?

We decided that getting the wiki up and running is higher priority for now. We’ll probably figure out the website after that is finished.

Very good decision. I think the most important thing for Peercoin is, that others can see, that Peercoin is still alive and has (or will have) some innovations. To see that, these innovations have to be documented (and promoted).

Cryptocoins have to be innovative and adapt to new challenges (e.g. implement RFC0002 and others). Otherwise they’ll simply die because of lacking interest.

Bye the way: Peercoin should be mentioned some day on http://coindesk.com. This would prove, that Peercoin is not dead. But first we’ve to implement some innovations. I don’t know if Peerassets is enough, as it is not an improvement of Peercoin itself (as far as I’ve understood). So the RFCs (at least one or two) should be the next big thing to do.

It doesn’t improve the protocol no, but it does make it possible for the Peercoin blockchain to be used as a host network for all sorts of valuable tokens and distributed companies. I would argue that opens the possibility of bringing much more value to the network than any one protocol innovation. Indicium is only one. What happens when we have 10 or more? It will start to build on itself and attract even more I think.

Great…what’s the address for the wiki?

It’s not live yet, but it will be at docs.peercoin.net once it’s ready for content. We’re still working on some visual enhancements and search functionality.

Ok, thanks!

No address yet, but here is a little piece of it, exclusively to the community. :wink: (don’t worry about the texts and menu content, they’re dummy for now, and serve just as a sample)

5 Likes

That looks amazing!

You do realise that coindesk’s main business model is pay for content?
Peercoin not being mentioned on this site means that we didn’t feed their machine.
It does not “prove” anything. Really circular reasoning.

1 Like

Of course it doesn’t prove as in a mathematical proof, but most people in the crypto world are searching this site for reliable and honest information (not only clickbait). Am I wrong?

http://www.coindesk.com/how-peercoin-got-a-boost-from-bitcoins-halving/

1 Like

Very nice article in my opinion. A well written introduction and history of Peercoin.

I consider coindesk and cointelegraph as crypto’s yellow press.

1 Like

New person to Peercoin here. Marketing somehow brought me here. Why am I here and into Peercoin?

• Coinmarketcap.com. That is advertising ground zero for new people searching out various crypto investments. Why doesn't Peercoin have a quick ad on this site that says something like: "Bitcoin unstable? Concerned about your long-term investment in digital currency? Peercoin."
  • Peercoin and the Logo. Yes yes yes....sounds trivial and brainless, but the name and logo catches your attention. Two of Peercoin's direct competitors in the governance/voting space both start with a D. One is catchy and makes sense and is dominant for many other reasons, but also for the name branding (they changed their name twice before getting it right). The other competitor sounds negative and confusing to the new user.
  • Ok, now to the meat-n-potatoes: Peercoin's web site is the local marketing and does get to the point of what makes Peercoin stand out from everyone else. You have the audience at your web site now (see above points); you now make the pitch fast and direct. Good job! Don't lose that by being bogged down with tons of information (at least not on the top level). Make marketing Peercoin a journey for the new user that leads them down a road, via your web site, to make an honest judgement about Peercoin. It shouldn't be just recruiting another pump-n-dump bit flipper with fancy words and future promises. Long term investment. Long term security. Keep them on your web site and keep them clicking deeper and deeper. Show them you have been solid since 2014, or whatever date. History, track record, security, peer involvement, returns for participation. Taking a local credit union type angle here. Then, once they are on-board, offer other Peercoin assets the holder can pursue as add-ons, if that is what Peercoin has in the works.
  • Peercoin's interface, once the user is on-board would be the Peercoin wallet. Can't stress this enough: get the developers/geeks/techies AWAY from the wallet design! Look at the Exodus wallet and see what happens when creative/artistic people design the UI, and the programmers make that come together afterwards. Exodus wallet: Feel it, experience it, heck...listen to it when you send/receive. The wallet is where the users will live in Peercoin. Why are hex addresses and transaction lists on the main screen? What is available/mature/pending? Debug window???? Why is the help menu of no help? Where is the context sensitive help on various screen objects? Blocky Windows 95 looking app/menus. Nope nope nope. That is not what a user in 2017 expects to see, or use, in a modern app (see Exodus). Peercoin is looking future, right? New user base, right? Remember, the new user is living in the Peercoin ecosystem now. Like a local bank they enter, it has to feel comfortable and inviting and safe first. The type of user Peercoin had the last few years is not going to be the same type going forward.
  • Internet advertising, impressive/fast/layered web site, inviting user-oriented app, and add-on assets are the marketing tools that can both draw new users in and keep them in the eco-system. Stability, governance, community are what will set Peercoin apart from greedy miners, hype, politics, false promises.
  • 8 Likes

Continue to promote digital gold and Value storage :gift: