[MF] Paper Wallet Tutorial Video

Ok, I think I should still start the official vote and with that establish the deadline for voting.
We are voting on the latest updated proposal as submitted by @chronos above.

Voting starts now for 3 days and closes 2 November 09:00am GMT/UTC (London time)

BTW Can the 2 voters above please vote again just to keep the voting process fair. Like to have the voting box empty before voting officially starts :wink:
Thanks.

I vote yes.

Yes, we jumped the gun. I vote yes.

I vote yes ;D

I believe the current schedule will be sufficient. Thank you for your concern.

I added this based on its security utility, and its frequent mention by multiple community members. Sandakersmann specifically requested it and highlighted its importance.

Thank you, everyone, for your votes!

This would be great together with the cold minting feature when available.
Thus a more “complete” video tutorial can be created then, with paper wallet and cold minting together?

[quote=“seki, post:46, topic:2982”]This would be great together with the cold minting feature when available.
Thus a more “complete” video tutorial can be created then, with paper wallet and cold minting together?[/quote]
That is an excellent idea! It seems to be a perfect use case: mint with your peercoins in cold storage on an encrypted paper wallet.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a timeline on when to expect cold minting, so in the meantime, this video is an interim step.

Vote: Yes

But only because I believe in you Chronos. In your intelligence and talent. I missed the comments on this - my bad - but, paper wallets are near and dear to my heart. Without paper wallets I don’t think I would be so invested in cryptos.

I think paper wallets are surprisingly multi-faceted, for such a simple idea. As examples before you even create a private/public key pair there are so many different wholly offline strategies, such as: some say, disconnect from Internet take the hard drive out of your notebook or desktop, start up from a Linux disk or thumb drive, generate your keys, then turn off the machine, reinstall its hard drive before returning normally to Internet. Others say, use a computer (and printer) that will never be used online again. To the opposite end of the spectrum: just unplug the Internet, run the javascript to make your key pairs, then restart your browser and plug the Internet back in! Pretty different strategies!

All I ask Chronos is that you do your best to exceed yourself.

Vote: Yes

Vote:Yes
The more tutorials the more help we have for the newbs

vote: yes

It’s good for PPC. :smiley:

I vote no.

I appreciate chronos’ effort highly but a paper wallet is mostly for hoarders and I hardly see a good reason why peercoin community resources should be spent to aid hoarding, i.e. not contributing to strengthening the network.

Vote: yes

I vote yes. ;D

Ok, thanks for voting, just a quick poll, I’m counting 9 eligible votes, 8 in favor, 1 against the proposal.

We still have a few hours to go until closure of the voting and final counting.
Please vote if you haven’t done already or motivate others to do so.

Deadline has passed, so I’m closing the voting. No new votes in the last few hours so the results are the same and the proposal is accepted!

Congrats @chronos, I will transfer the equivalent of $220 tomorrow (getting late here…) and I think I can say safely that most of us are looking forward to the video.

Prepayment is fine, because I already have a track record of successful projects. However, I would recommend for the future that the official policy of the Marketing Fund be to make payment after work is complete, for projects such as these. This protects the fund in the case that the proposal is left unfulfilled.

Thank you, everyone, for your votes! The video will be published within 10 calendar days, on or before Wednesday, November 12.

[quote=“Chronos, post:57, topic:2982”]Prepayment is fine, because I already have a track record of successful projects. However, I would recommend for the future that the official policy of the Marketing Fund be to make payment after work is complete, for projects such as these. This protects the fund in the case that the proposal is left unfulfilled.

Thank you, everyone, for your votes! The video will be published within 10 calendar days, on or before Wednesday, November 12.[/quote]
Agree with your recommendation about prepayments, but given the amount and your trust I’m not too concerned 8)
However I made a mistake yesterday saying that I would transfer equivalent of $220 in PPC as we have the 50/50 agreement with Fuzzybear. So I would only transfer only half of the amount and suggest Fuzzybear does the same when he deems fit.

@chronos, are you still in control of this peer4commit account: nHL8ZDW7JFUH

Yes. Thanks for checking! :slight_smile: