Get setup with a PeerCoin wallet

fuzzy@anonymized.invalid

Hello can somebody help me please, i am running windows 8 and the latest ppc wallet, i cant seem to be able to unlock my wallet for minting, everytime i run the batch file an error message occurs! :frowning:
Thanks in advance
Adam

[quote=“adambean, post:42, topic:45”]Hello can somebody help me please, i am running windows 8 and the latest ppc wallet, i cant seem to be able to unlock my wallet for minting, everytime i run the batch file an error message occurs! :frowning:
Thanks in advance
Adam[/quote]
Fixed It :slight_smile:

I remember seeing a guide somewhere on how to open a wallet for proof of stake minting (Cant find it now). Should we have that guide stickied? I think it’s an important piece of peercoin and not immeadiatly obvious how to do it for newbies

+1 took a good 45 mins to figure out, went through about 3 or 4 different posts :stuck_out_tongue:

+1 took a good 45 mins to figure out, went through about 3 or 4 different posts :P[/quote]

I think I may have found the guide you were referring to. Started a new thread with the link and stickied it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187714.0

Hi all ! I’m new here and i was about to create my first crypto wallet… when i realized id rather have it always on me, on my phone. is there an Android wallet for PPC ?

thank you for your patience :slight_smile:

[quote=“cocorickoo, post:48, topic:45”]Hi all ! I’m new here and i was about to create my first crypto wallet… when i realized id rather have it always on me, on my phone. is there an Android wallet for PPC ?

thank you for your patience :)[/quote]
Not at the moment, PPC is just starting to grow in popularity, this is something that will be developed in the near future.

Thank you so much for these helpful instructions :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Matt

Hi,
I’ve just started to download my ppc wallet, it’s connected to 8 others but doesn’t tell me how many weeks behind I am ( I had downloaded both btc and ltc wallets and they had an indication of when it would finish), my question being, is this normal or should I uninstall and start again?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sin

Ok have just worked out that sticking cursor on the spinning thing actually gives you the info I was asking about… Somewhat new to this all ( but have many fine wallets now).

I am having a horrible time trying to get my wallet to work with my Mac (OSX 10.9). The download of the wallet goes fine, but when I try to install it tells me that the “file is damage and should be moved to trash”. Anyone else have this issue?

I downloaded the PPcoin wallet and immediately transferred some PPC to my wallet address from an exchange… Only to realize they arent showing up in my Peercoin wallet?

-Are they gone???
-Why is it such a pain in the ass to get the wallet working? I still have 0 connections to the PPCoin network

My hope and guess is that after following the instructions in the 2nd post of this topic I will get my coins back…

I’m quite a noob when it comes to computing but after going through a lot of pain I figured out how to go to the correct folder in CMD and creating the ppcoin.conf file…

Then when I enter in cmd ‘ppcoind.exe help’ it answers with:
error: you must set rpcpassword= in the configuration file:
c:\filepath
If the file does not exist, create it with owner-readable-only file permissions.

I’m lost, dont know what to do? Is it so hard to get my coins? I’m 100% sure I entered a password in the ppcoin.conf file and it was saved as a CONF file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and definitely rewarded with some coins if I get them back…

No, I’m sure they aren’t gone, as long as the address you told the exchange to send to is one in your wallet.

Steed, try adding this to your ppcoin.conf file:

# Accepting incoming connections
listen=1

# Use as many addnode= settings as you like to connect to specific peers
addnode=66.90.146.146
addnode=91.156.102.128
addnode=110.174.124.20
addnode=67.14.164.114
addnode=37.209.40.22
addnode=50.71.216.165
addnode=109.108.236.208
addnode=173.28.37.150
addnode=68.102.86.156
addnode=213.251.187.24
addnodd=188.134.122.31
addnode=72.38.179.122

# Maximum number of inbound+outbound connections.
maxconnections=64

What that does is open connections to the Peercoin network so you can synch with other nodes. I got the “addnode” values from a posting here on the boards, and I’ve had no problem running them myself, but like anything, just be aware that you’re connecting your service to other IPs.

“rpcpassword=” is used when you set ppcoin.conf’s “server” variable to 1. It isn’t the same password as the wallet passphrase you set up initially, but rather, a password used to identify your client with the PPCoind daemon, when it’s running.

How do you add those node settings to a mac wallet? I can’t find a ppcoin.conf file anywhere.

I’m not able to connect to any nodes. I have searched %appdata%\ppc and program files(x86)\ppc for conf files…there are none. I’ve deleted all files in appdata. I’ve re-installed 3 times…still can’t connect to any nodes. I’m out of ideas.

Edit: I don’t know what happened but it just started syncing…not turning my pc off till it is done :slight_smile:

[quote=“wesphily, post:57, topic:45”]I’m not able to connect to any nodes. I have searched %appdata%\ppc and program files(x86)\ppc for conf files…there are none. I’ve deleted all files in appdata. I’ve re-installed 3 times…still can’t connect to any nodes. I’m out of ideas.

Edit: I don’t know what happened but it just started syncing…not turning my pc off till it is done :)[/quote]

good it started syncing, to answer your question about the config file, it is not there when you install the client, you have to create ppcoin.conf yourself and put it in %appdata%/ppc/

[quote=“Ben, post:55, topic:45”]No, I’m sure they aren’t gone, as long as the address you told the exchange to send to is one in your wallet.

Steed, try adding this to your ppcoin.conf file:

# Accepting incoming connections
listen=1

# Use as many addnode= settings as you like to connect to specific peers
addnode=66.90.146.146
addnode=91.156.102.128
addnode=110.174.124.20
addnode=67.14.164.114
addnode=37.209.40.22
addnode=50.71.216.165
addnode=109.108.236.208
addnode=173.28.37.150
addnode=68.102.86.156
addnode=213.251.187.24
addnodd=188.134.122.31
addnode=72.38.179.122

# Maximum number of inbound+outbound connections.
maxconnections=64

What that does is open connections to the Peercoin network so you can synch with other nodes. I got the “addnode” values from a posting here on the boards, and I’ve had no problem running them myself, but like anything, just be aware that you’re connecting your service to other IPs.

“rpcpassword=” is used when you set ppcoin.conf’s “server” variable to 1. It isn’t the same password as the wallet passphrase you set up initially, but rather, a password used to identify your client with the PPCoind daemon, when it’s running.[/quote]Thank you for your answer, I’m on my way to work right now, will try as soon as I get back.

This morning when I woke up I realized I might have forgotten another thing. I remember in the example conf file there was a line saying “#” should be placed in front of comments, but it was in front of every line. Am I supposed to manually remove it from some lines?
If so, where exactly?

is used to “comment out” lines, so you can type comments there that are not used as configuration