heh, thanks to Tea42 for pioneering the raspberry pi guide. I’m writing an alternative guide to set up peercoin full node on pi in a lighter path.
- no need for physical keyboard / hmdi display or mouse, everything will be done over ssh
- need network cable, or some kinds of network device
- need to have a working dhcp, of course
- need to be able to forward 9901 port
- Download the Debian Wheezy from http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/
- Burn it to your sdcard (preferably class 10, 8G or more)
- Fire it up
- Look for the ip of your pi. You may use nmap if available ( for example: nmap -sP 192.168.1.1/24 ), or look it up on your router control panel.
- ssh pi@your_ip
- (the default password is raspberry, yes you should change it)
- run the following
sudo update-rc.d lightdm disable 2 sudo /usr/bin/raspi-config --expand-rootfs sudo rm -f /etc/profile.d/raspi-config.sh sudo shutdown -r now
- it should takes 30 secs to reboot, once it comes back, ssh back to it
- execute the following. It should take 20 mins, more or less, depending on your internet connection.
sudo apt-get -y --purge remove midori netsurf-common netsurf-gtk penguinspuzzle python-pygame scratch timidity wolfram-engine squeak-vm squeak-plugins scratch dillo idle idle3 idle-python2.7 idle-python3.2 python-numpy python-support sudo apt-get -y update sudo apt-get -y upgrade sudo apt-get -y install tmux ntpdate wget wget http://romerun.github.io/raspeer/ppcoind.v0.4 wget http://romerun.github.io/raspeer/fullnode_mon.pl wget http://romerun.github.io/raspeer/fullnode_run chmod 755 ppcoind.v0.4 chmod 755 fullnode_mon.pl chmod 755 fullnode_run mkdir ~/.ppcoin echo "rpcuser=user" > ~/.ppcoin/ppcoin.conf echo "rpcpassword=passwd" >> ~/.ppcoin/ppcoin.conf sudo sh -c "echo \"su - pi -c 'tmux new-session -d'\" >> /etc/rc2.d/S04rc.local" sudo sh -c "echo \"su - pi -c 'tmux new-window /home/pi/fullnode_run'\" >> /etc/rc2.d/S04rc.local" sudo sh -c "echo \"su - pi -c 'tmux new-window /home/pi/fullnode_mon.pl'\" >> /etc/rc2.d/S04rc.local" sudo shutdown -r now
- after it comes back from reboot, ssh back in, and type the following to see if it’s running
- on your router control panel
- configure DHCP to fix the macaddress of the pi to the ip
- forward port 9901 to the ip
- continue the getinfo until you see the number of connect climbs over 8
- if it takes more than an hour, you might put some doubt on the port 9901 forwarding
:pbjt: There you have it
- This should not be used for minting. Use this for minting.
- I precompiled the official Peercoin 0.4 (only ppcoind), as it takes quite a long time to finish. The md5sum is: d420ee41caccbb50dfc5a96d465cf26e
- I don’t have an incentive to put trojans on a bare peercoin full node. You may trust the binary as you wish, otherwise, you can compile it with this script . However, there’s a good chance the checksum of the binary of yours and mine do not match, if the versions of dependencies are not exactly the same.