[Download] Peercoin-Raspi-Desktop - Automated installer for raspberry pi

You have to configure port forwarding on your router, otherwise there are no incoming connections to your pi. Try http://ipnumber from a browser in your home network, where ipnumber is the ip address of your router (gateway)

I’ve forwarded port 9901 to the router. Or need I forward other ports?
I can post shreenshots if needed.
Can you reach my ip adress:213.46.197.237

You can test if the firewall is in the way by disabling the firewall temporarily. Open LXTerminal and type: sudo ufw disable
Wait some hours to see if your connections are above 8.

You can enable the firewall again by typing: sudo ufw --force enable
If you type: sudo ufw status, you should see that port 9901 is permitted from anywhere. To open the port up, type: sudo ufw allow 9901

If you type this on your pi: sudo ifconfig
you should see the local ip address of eth0. You should forward port 9901 from your router to that local IP address.

I checked the router:

I checked the firewall:

I changed the router settings: in range start port 9901 end port 22706
maybe that will help?

edit : pictures removed

Only port 9901 is needed. There might also be a firewall active on your router, sometimes isp’s configure that by default.

Port 22706 is needed for the EnergyCoin node.
Yesterday I stoped the EnergyCoin node but not extra connections with Peercoin node.
Energycois had 13 connections and when I use Blackcoin wallet I 've 50 connections on PC.
So I think the problem is not on the router.
There must be a limitation in the peercoin wallet configuration.
All the external settings are correct.
Some idea wat I can try?

You can check if /home/pi/.ppcoin/ppcoin.conf contains:
listen=1
server=1

This is an example for ppcoin.conf by FuzzyBear

[quote=“Tea42, post:107, topic:2255”]You can check if /home/pi/.ppcoin/ppcoin.conf contains:
listen=1
server=1

This is an example for ppcoin.conf by FuzzyBear[/quote]
Yes those lines re in the ppcoin.conf
In the example there are olso the the following lines:
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.1.*

rpcport=9902

rpcconnect=127.0.0.1

What is important to include?
How can I edit the file?
I 've n no experiance with unix.

Thanks

You can browse to the file using the filemanager, right-click on it and use leafpad to edit. But it should be enough to run ‘Configure Peercoin’ from the desktop. It will ask you to enter a long random RPC password, and it will generate a working ppcoin.conf for you.

I will have my Raspberry showing up soon, and am trying to decide whether to go this route, or to follow the PeerBox method. This seems to me to have some advantages, as the setup and user interface look like a standard desktop computer. Possibly more user friendly for the Linux challenged among us (me).

Why two development paths? Is the PeerBox that much superior? Is this method still supported?

This is manual transmission. Peerbox is automatic transmission.

Peerbox is a thouroughly developed pre-installed image with a command line interface, and is very suitable for a headless setup.

With Peercoin-raspi-desktop (this edition) you use a default raspbian image, and install the GUI client (and the default command line client) with a transparent script. It is by default local access only (usb keyboard+mouse, hdmi monitor). So the end product is a simple to use graphical client that is closed up for security (and therefore not suitable for a headless setup).

Happy to be part of this community! I am wanting to set up a peercoin node on top of my existing raspbian install. In other words, I want to leave all my current settings intact. I was getting ready to follow Tea42’s guide until I got to the part where the script uninstalls ssh and raises a firewall, blocking all ports except one.
I’ve looked but must have missed it, is there a guide on how to accomplish this without altering any system settings?

What I did was openning an ssh window to display Tea42’s scripts, and use my mouse to copy (press left mouse key and drag over the text to highlight and ) the commands I need and execute them in another ssh window (press right mouse key, then ). I am using tunnelier’s ssh client.

Smart! I’ll take a look at that. Everything working ok?

Yep that works. The install script just performs operations one after another, so instead of running it you can copy-paste the lines you want in the bash shell.

I saw some discussion about how to handle software updates. Has that been tackled?

There is an ‘update my pi software’ icon on the desktop, but the peercoin client will have to be updated seperately when 0.5 comes out. There will be an update script available at that time.

What is the eta on 0.5?

Well I got impatient and went ahead and started the install. Currently compiling.
I’m watching the terminal window and I noticed this message. I assume it’s normal?
Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7

Le: something broke. I’m at the last step trying to run the config script and I get access denied when I try to run the commands in the script. I might just wait for the next update and redo the whole thing.