Community Fundraiser for Indiegogo Solar Panel Roadway Project (closed)

Ok guys, maybe shout-out was the wrong term to start with. We need to provide about 25-30 seconds of text for Julie and Scott from Solar Roadways Project. They are prepared to say those words on the Solar Roadway patch they have and provide us with the video of it.

Here is my proposal:

Peercoin is a form of digital currency, created and held electronically. No one controls it. Peercoins aren’t printed, like dollars or euros – they’re produced by lots of people running computers all around the world which are rewarded with 1% annual return. It is one of the first examples of a growing category of money known as cryptocurrency.
Peercoin stands above the crowd as innovative, sustainable and unique. Peercoin can be used as a currency, an investment and for funding of profit and non-profit organisations.

The Peercoin community is more than happy to support the Solar Roadways project as another great example of innovation and sustainability.

Peercoin, funding for a sustainable future.

Might have to cut it a bit further as it is already 30 seconds when I read it out. Please your feedback. If no further comments I will submit this in the next few days.

Peercoin is a form of digital currency, created and held electronically. Like the Sun's rays, no one controls it. Unlike dollars or euros, peercoins aren’t printed – they’re produced by people's computers, working in together all around the World. It is one of the first examples of a growing category of asset known as cryptocurrency. Peercoin can be used as a currency, an investment and for the funding of profit and non-profit organizations.

Peercoin stands above the crowd as innovative, sustainable and unique, and is happy to support the Solar Roadways project; another great example of innovation and sustainability.

Here are my proposed edits.

[quote=“Ben, post:42, topic:2390”]

Peercoin is a form of digital currency, created and held electronically. Like the Sun’s rays, no one controls it. Unlike dollars or euros, peercoins aren’t printed – they’re produced by people’s computers, working in together all around the World. It is one of the first examples of a growing category of asset known as cryptocurrency. Peercoin can be used as a currency, an investment and for the funding of profit and non-profit organizations.

Peercoin stands above the crowd as innovative, sustainable and unique, and is happy to support the Solar Roadways project; another great example of innovation and sustainability.

[/quote]
I like it, but hard to get this under 30 seconds, unless talking really fast. They might give us a few more seconds though.

I’ve put in only few cents so only few words on it.

I think it’s good opportunity to gain more positive perception in whole cryptocoin world so I propose to spend most of the time for general crypto introduction, name f.e. Bitcoin, Litecoin, Primecoin and Dogecoin as examples of fascinating, world changing technology. And that one of them is Peercoin which community decided to support Solar Roadways project - same as SR designed to bring innovative, sustainable and safe solutions to our lives/economy.

It might help spread this material and maybe warm up a little our ~image.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:43, topic:2390”][quote=“Ben, post:42, topic:2390”]Peercoin is a form of digital currency, created and held electronically. Like the Sun’s rays, no one controls it. Unlike dollars or euros, peercoins aren’t printed – they’re produced by people’s computers, working in together all around the World. It is one of the first examples of a growing category of asset known as cryptocurrency. Peercoin can be used as a currency, an investment and for the funding of profit and non-profit organizations.

Peercoin, funding for a sustainable future.[/quote]
I like it, but hard to get this under 30 seconds, unless talking really fast. They might give us a few more seconds though.[/quote]

I edited and trimmed away at Ben’s excellent post above to try to get it to fit into 30 seconds. The quote below I can speak at a moderate pace in exactly 30 seconds. I hope I wasn’t stepping on any toes here. Ben, you can of course change it back any way you like.

Peercoin is digital money, created and held electronically. Like the Sun's rays, no one controls it. Unlike dollars or euros, peercoins are not printed – they are validated by people's computers all around the World. Peercoin can be used as money, investments and for the funding of profit and non-profit organizations.

Peercoin is happy to support the Solar Roadways project; another great example of innovation and sustainability.

Edit: @Cybnate, your original post of this quote also works for me. Your choice has my support.

No toes stepped on at all. Good work!

Thanks for all the feedback.
@Kac- like your proposal, but I don’t think we fit that message into those 30 seconds. I’ll keep this in mind though for future marketing material.

@NME, I think you did a good job shortening Ben’s version without compromising the message too much.
I think I will go with this. Thanks again.

And for all of you, there was just a project update about debunking all the Solar Roadways myths being spread around.

http://solarroadways.com/clearingthefreakinair.shtml

I think we can learn a bit from this approach. Which brought me to the idea of making peercoin.net more of a Peercoin portal with just the basics on the site itself. All other content, like myth debunking, marketing and press, documents etc. can go to sub sites hosted and maintained by volunteers which look after those specific areas.

Just received a reply from Julie about our video message. On its way… Those guys must be so busy!

OK we’ll shoot it asap, just heading to the airport to catch a plane home from DC… Thank you, Julie

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 2:49 AM, xxxxx wrote:

Hi Julie,

Ok, here is our extended version. It should still fit into 30 seconds at a normal pace. It would be great if you guys are willing to move us up a bit. We will definitely post the video on our own channels or link to it. The sooner the better I guess.

Here is the text:
Peercoin is digital money, created and held electronically. Like the Sun's rays, no one controls it. Unlike dollars or euros, peercoins are not printed – they are validated by people's computers all around the World. Peercoin can be used as money, investments and for the funding of profit and non-profit organizations.

Peercoin is happy to support the Solar Roadways project; another great example of innovation and sustainability.

<end of text>

Thanks again, you guys are doing great. Loved the myth-buster, very powerful.

Regards,
xxxxxxx

Things are going to be a bit slower than expected: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/solar-roadways/x/5335263#activity

It will be a while before we get our video, I reckon.

It has been a while, but I got an email from Scott and Julie. See below:

Hi,

When you chose to support Solar Roadways with your generous $500 donation, you chose to be a part of history! Our prototype parking lot (made up of 108 prototype Solar Road Panels) included 396 stainless steel mounting hole covers designed to secure the panels.

You now belong to a select group whose engravings upon these mounting hole covers will be
forever seen by visitors to the Solar Roadways headquarters.

The picture below will soon be included on the Solar Roadways website.

Thank you so much for your support,

Scott & Julie Brusaw, Solar Roadways

Here is our unique engraved mounting hole cover:

I’ve also got a generic video from them: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7737948/Thank%20you%20-%20no%20name.wmv
However we had asked for a specific text to be spoken by Julie and Scott. I’ve emailed them 2 days ago, but haven’t heard back yet.
Will let you know here when we have our own video.

Again thanks to everyone who donated to this.

PS Their website is here: http://www.solarroadways.com/main.html