Community Fundraiser for Indiegogo Solar Panel Roadway Project (closed)

[size=12pt]Community Fundraiser for Indiegogo Solar Roadway Project (target ~250 PPC)[/size]

We thought it to be a good idea to support the Solar Roadway project on Indiegogo as a community.
This project is very much like Peercoin, about new technology, innovation and sustainability. Therefore a good match and we can use the pictures from the perk and possibly video on social media.

The idea is to raise about 250PPC through peer4commit so we can obtain the related $500 perk as a community. With that perk we earn the right to have a text engraved onto the mounting hole covers of the panels on the demo solar parking lot. We will also get some pictures which we can use for future marketing. With a bit of luck the Indiegogo project will also get a bit of press coverage which we might be able to leverage upon depending on our total contribution.
Stretch target is another 50 PPC for the $100 perk, video from the makers and we can submit some text for them. See details on the Indiegogo link below. Funds beyond that go into further 250PPC increments for more $500 perks (engraved mounting hole covers). We can have a whole lot of them, as there are four in each panel, which would increase our chances on press exposure.

Here is the link to the fundraiser charter and all the details: https://github.com/Cybnate/Peercoin-Solar-Highway-Fundraiser/blob/master/README.md

Please donate here for the Peercoin Solar Roadway Project fundraiser: http://peer4commit.com/projects/88
This fundraiser closes on: 29 May 12.00 UTC in order to be able to transfer the funds and commit to the Indiegogo project which closes ~2 days later.

Check out all the details on the Indiegogo project we are contributing to here:

Looks futuristic, doesn’t it? Check out the FAQ’s here: http://solarroadways.com/faq.shtml

[size=12pt]Still like it? Good. Let’s see if we can match the fundraisers of some of the other coins and let the press know we are here to stay and support innovation and sustainability!!![/size]

Great! We have the first 50 PPC towards the 250 PPC and another 9 days to go.
Thanks for your donations, but we still need more !

I still think it is a great project even though I saw some of the negative comments on r/peercoin. Everyone has the right on their opinion. The project is just raising funds for a proof of concept on whether this can be scaled up and made cheaper. Of course there might be better propositions with a better ROI, but that is not what this is about. It is about innovation and trying new things. Eventually the knowledge will be used for even better projects and ideas. There is no such thing as the perfect idea.

Here is just one of the things which occurred to me as another benefit:
Ever heard of prefab? Prefab buildings are build within days instead of weeks or months and usually way cheaper. Imagine a relatively cheap prefab roadway replaced or laid in days, which also pays itself back over time by generating energy. Great for roads with relatively low traffic roads e.g. in suburbs and towns or even the out back. Or airfields for small airplanes.

Please donate here: http://peer4commit.com/projects/88

I posted it on Facebook yesterday, but if you want it posted on Twitter, you need to contact David and ask him.

Thanks Sentinelrv. Will ask David.

We are now at 150 PPC and counting… :pbjt:

…and you’ve got to see their latest video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlTA3rnpgzU#t=406

…and you’ve got to see their latest video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlTA3rnpgzU#t=406[/quote]

Thanks for the link Cybnate. That is a really good video! :clap: :slight_smile:

Are you posting updates back in the previous thread, also?

…and you’ve got to see their latest video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlTA3rnpgzU#t=406[/quote]

Thanks for the link Cybnate. That is a really good video! :clap: :slight_smile:

Are you posting updates back in the previous thread, also?[/quote]
Yes, the video is great. I enjoyed every minute of it. Regarding updates, this is the official thread for the fundraiser and I don’t like the double postings, but maybe I should?

Ok, the Solar panel Roadway fundraiser aka decentralised powergrid definitely needs a bit more love!

It is now less than a week before closure, we are just over 160 PPC. The target is 250 PPC. Just 90 PPC to go, it is not that much any more.
The indiegogo project itself is doing great, they had a lot of exposure in the last few days and they have raised over US$650,000 of US$1,000,000 with a week to go. It could be a close finish for them, but even if they can’t raise a million, it will just go through but a bit slower I suppose.

Check out their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/solarroadways or their website if you want to know more: http://www.solarroadways.com/main.html

So let’s support them to make this work!

You might want to post another thread on Reddit telling people we only have 90 ppc to go to hit the goal. By the way, I watched the video. It looks amazing.

Thanks Sentinelrv, just posted a new link on Reddit.

BTW The Indiegogo project is blasting, now over US$850,000. This is great. Really hope we can be contributing to this as a community. It is a great marketing opportunity!

Edit: this goes really fast now, over $900,000 now!!!

…and maybe in the future we can help them with getting more investors through Peershares. This type of investments would be great to start with for Peershares.

Edit2: and if you want to do even more, sign the petition here: The White House

Edit3: Solar panel roadways on 6 o’clock news in New Zealand, sure other countries will follow. Going viral.

Looks like you have 45 PPC left to go.

Great, with only 3 days left…

The media will embrace this one, hope we can ride on the back of it when we achieve our goal.

yay
:pbjt:

sent 50 PPC to make the stretch target

Well done cybernate for setting this up and let get the Peercoin logo all over the solar freaking roadways!

Fuzzybear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:13, topic:2390”]sent 50 PPC to make the stretch target

Well done cybernate for setting this up and let get the Peercoin logo all over the solar freaking roadways!

Fuzzybear[/quote]

Super! :pbjt: We made the primary goal level! :pbjt:

Cybnate are you now going to execute the process for getting Peercoin’s name onto the first “Solar ‘Freaking’ Roadways” parking lot?

We are over our minimum goal so hopefully some whale, or any substantial Peercoin holder, can help us help this project even more.

Special thanks to Fuzzybear for first bringing this opportunity onto the forum. :clap: :beer:

Congratulations, to all Peercoiners and especially thanks to all the philanthropic donators! :clap:

NewMoneyEra

Awesome, and not much to add to newmoneyera’s post other than a thank you to all donors from me.

Will transfer the funds out in 12 hours or so (after work) and use a peercoin donation account on Indiegogo. Will let you know the name and will make a screenshot and post here.

Instead of Peercoin engraved, I was thinking to use Peercoin.net to get the maximum marketing effect out of it.
Please let me know if you are good with that or have something better in next 12 hours.

So do we get our logo on there (colored or black & white?) or is it only simple text?

It will be engraved in metal, so no colors I guess. Will check with them if we can add the logo to the peercoin.net text. it would be a simplified version. Just the coin with the Peercoin P at best. But don’t count on it!

Happy to announce that the fundraiser for the Indiegogo Solar Panel Roadway Project is officially closed and has meet the target and the first stretch target. :pbjt:
I will transfer the funds to an exchange in order to exchange them for fiat and transfer the donation to the Indiegogo project as they don’t accept any cryptocoins.

So, that means that we will have two perks:

1. (Target) $500 donation: The right to have “Peercoin.net” engraved onto one the mounting hole covers of the panels on the demo solar parking lot. We will also get some pictures which we can use for future marketing. As above I will also ask to get the logo on it.
  2. (Stretch Target) $100 donation: 30 second video from the makers with a thank you and as part of that we can submit a short shout-out. Something like: “Peercoin, the secure and sustainable coin”, or “Buy Peercoin now!”. I’m sure you guys can come up with other and better ones. If there are no response or consensus then I default to “Peercoin, the secure and sustainable coin”.

So please submit suggestions on what we like the project creators to say in their video. I figured out that we still have a bit of time to submit this, so please suggestions in the next 22 hours.

Edit: just secured our perks on Indiegogo and donated in total US$612 to the project. Will post more details tomorrow. Just sorting out the screenshots etc.

Peercoin funding for a sustainable future

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Working together, People can do the most amazing things. Peer-driven, peer-funded. Peercoin, securing the future.