Community Fundraiser for Indiegogo Solar Panel Roadway Project (closed)

The correct slogan is actually this…

“Peercoin, The Secure & Sustainable Cryptocoin”

The link on reddit is cut to http://www.peercointalk.org/inde...g26146 and leading nowhere. I try to ask a reddit mod to fix that.

I’m a mod, but I don’t see any way to fix this. You’ll have to delete it and repost if it’s still important.

Oh, unfortunately it’s not my post. I just recognized that there’s something wrong when I clicked the link and got a 404 error. I think it’s a post by cybnate.

sent by Tapatalk

[quote=“masterOfDisaster, post:24, topic:2390”]Oh, unfortunately it’s not my post. I just recognized that there’s something wrong when I clicked the link and got a 404 error. I think it’s a post by cybnate.

sent by Tapatalk[/quote]
Hmm, copy and paste issue. Will post the right link over there as we have a bit more time as the Indiegogo fundraiser has extended till 20 June!

Here is the announcement just posted 7 hours ago:
Exciting News!

At the encouragement of the Indiegogo staff our Solar Roadways Support Team and our fans, we’ve decided to extend our Indiegogo campaign. So many people from around the world are just learning about our Solar Roadways project and want to become a part of it, it just makes sense to continue on. It seems like the world is gathering round our concept as a vote for a paradigm shift, where innovation and creativity are honored rather than suppressed. Our wish is that the conversation happening around our campaign may reinvigorate the innovative spirit of America and other great nations. Perhaps this will lead to a new scientific renaissance, and this time one that spans the entire globe. Solar Roadways can become the hub that welcomes in so many other technologies and innovations.

A grassroots movement is happening, and we’d hate to end before newcomers have a chance to join in. With the extra funds, we can hire even more people and get to production even faster. We are so humbled and blessed by the outpouring of donations and support from every corner of the world - the message is loud and clear: the world is ready for Solar Roadways!

Scott Brusaw

Ok, here is the proof that I donated the funds to the Indiegogo project.
I’ve created an account with the name Peer Coin as Indiegogo insisted on the use of real names. So they got what they want :wink:

Here are the screenshots from the Indiegogo account showing the donations:

Please let me know if you have any concerns with this or feedback for improvement.

Regarding the slogan, we have only two submissions:

Posted by: Ben
Working together, People can do the most amazing things. Peer-driven, peer-funded. Peercoin, securing the future.

Posted by: FuzzyBear
Peercoin funding for a sustainable future

Or the standard: “Peercoin, The Secure & Sustainable Cryptocoin” (thanks sentinelrv for the correction)

I like Ben’s, all inclusive slogan, but FB’s simple and strong message is also very nice.

Maybe I should throw a PPC up. Hmm, that won’t work, have to find a fiat coin I guess. Or who can help me to make this hard choice? :frowning:

don’t know where the slogan goes, would go for FuzzyBear’s because of easy to remember
(was thinking something like: Solar Roadways for our Sunny King ::slight_smile:

bitcoin the honey badger of money

peercoin the vitamins of money

guess a little late to come up with silly ideas now, would just go with FB’s one

[quote=“irritant, post:28, topic:2390”]don’t know where the slogan goes, would go for FuzzyBear’s because of easy to remember
(was thinking something like: Solar Roadways for our Sunny King ::slight_smile:

bitcoin the honey badger of money

peercoin the vitamins of money

guess a little late to come up with silly ideas now, would just go with FB’s one[/quote]
Thanks for your help, slogan will be mentioned in the 30 second video we will get as part of the $100 perk.
That is one vote for FB :slight_smile:

Ok, not many voters unfortunately. If no other votes in next 24 hours we will go with FB’s shout-out.

Green train to the future, wooo, wooooo! :wink:

Do we have other initiatives like this? To put ppc logo in an indy car, F1 car
Or anything like that? :wink:

[quote=“seki, post:32, topic:2390”]Do we have other initiatives like this? To put ppc logo in an indy car, F1 car
Or anything like that? ;)[/quote]
Not at the moment, we might sponsor an electric F1 racecar or Indycar on solar power though. But seriously, if you have something which fits the Peercoin community, I’m good to run with it. We might have to wait till the exchange rates go up again to get a bit more bang for our PPC though. I think it is important to get our name outside this forum by any means.

BTW I’ll submit FB’s shout-out for the video: Peercoin funding for a sustainable future. We might do Peercoin.net just to get that extra marketing edge out of it.

unfortunatelly i am not very good at communication or promotion (not good at all actually).
i am only an investor-donator ;D
as a matter of speaking i just saw the news:
http://www.coindesk.com/facebook-approves-first-cryptocurrency-tipping-apps/
peercoin is not among them :frowning:

[quote=“seki, post:34, topic:2390”]unfortunatelly i am not very good at communication or promotion (not good at all actually).
i am only an investor-donator ;D
as a matter of speaking i just saw the news:
http://www.coindesk.com/facebook-approves-first-cryptocurrency-tipping-apps/
peercoin is not among them :([/quote]
I agree that I would like to see more use of Peercoin, not sure about this particular usage as a tipping coin though. But if it works like reddit (off-chain) then it might be good to pick this up.

In the category sharing experiences with exchanges I like to let you know that I used coinomat.com to transfer the donated PPC for the Solar Roadway project to my personal creditcard.

I have to say that the process to do that was very easy. Unfortunately it took a while before my transaction was released. Had to send an email which I never received an answer on. But after that my transaction was cleared. After that it took about 5 working days before the funds appeared on my creditcard. Not sure if I just hit a glitch or that it is manual process, but the transaction should have been released much quicker imo. Hope that coinomat customer service still responds and explains what happened and what would be their normal process. The cost is $15 for the transfer to the creditcard disregarding the amount of PPC you actually transfer which is attractive if you need to convert larger amounts. The site supports several languages which is nice.

Although the transfer was easy, the lack of reply to my email doesn’t give me the confidence I need to recommend the service to others at this stage. Might try a second time to see if that is consistent.

Here is the screenshot (in Dutch) from the actual transaction:

Ok guys, just received word from Julie and Scott, the guys behind the fundraiser on Indiegogo. Some good and OK news. The OK news is that they can’t engrave logos, only text. So it will be just ‘peercoin.net’.

The good news is that they are happy for a longer shoutout. They said we would have 20+ seconds. So that’s 20+ seconds of free video!
Anyone has something creative and exciting to say about Peercoin, without it getting dull?

Should we lend some key statements from the video thread? We can still end the shout-out with FB’s 'Peercoin.net, funding for a sustainable future. Still like that.

Peercoin is so unique in the cryptocoin world that each one should own 100 PPC!

Nice statement, but what about the other 18 seconds we have?

Peercoin: money should be free!