Cloud Mining PPCs

hi there, I just would like to know if there’s also a possiblity to mine PPCs using cloud servers such as Digital Ocean, is it possible to do that?

Peercoin uses SHA256 hashing algorithm… hence the ASIC mining hardware you buy for mining BTC works on PPC as well.

This means the days of mining on CPU’s and returning more coins than the cost of running the server and electricity are long gone i’m afraid.

there is no reasn why CEX.io could not offertheir mining contracts to peercoin network as well but we need to badger them for it

Fuzzybear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:2, topic:993”]Peercoin uses SHA256 hashing algorithm… hence the ASIC mining hardware you buy for mining BTC works on PPC as well.

This means the days of mining on CPU’s and returning more coins than the cost of running the server and electricity are long gone i’m afraid.

there is no reasn why CEX.io could not offertheir mining contracts to peercoin network as well but we need to badger them for it

Fuzzybear[/quote]

In the FAQ on their page, they mention the eventual possibility of directing hashing power to a pool other than GHash.io, so the door is somewhat open on that front.

Can anyone make contact with them? I contacted them a few days ago but got nothing. I asked about Peercoin cloud mining. If we all gave them our word then they may do us a private deal if there are enough of us? Get sending them e-mails guys :slight_smile: