Btcd port to peercoin

great job. Totally.

[quote=“kac-, post:37, topic:2671”][quote=“mhps, post:36, topic:2671”]I am running it on wiindows. What is this I am getting ?

[Info] downloading https://s3.amazonaws.com/kac-pub/cryptos/peercoin/unspent-135k.tar.gz to xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\db-download-1412600873-unspent-135k.tar.gz

Of a first run findstake downloads database (10MB).[/quote]

Thanks. If I have downloaded it separately, Should I unpack it and put it in the findstake directory? Doesn’t seem to work…

@mhps please update your Wind binary [^^^] ( my fault - I got wrong Go lang feature, happens ), sorry for inconvenience :slight_smile:

btcd codebase makes coding and releasing Peercoin related tools easy and fast. Next tool/service on target: untraceable, non-bloating payments.

Don’t miss your blocks Peercoiners and don’t forget to support ppcd project!

[quote=“kac-, post:35, topic:2671”]I release a tool, as a part of ppcd project, that may be useful for some of you.
findstake - tool that will tell you when exactly your address will have a chance to mint! (github)[/quote]

Nice! Keep up the good work!
Maybe that’s something that could be directly integrated on the website at some point!

Problem is, the download started by findstake could never finish (more than 20 tries). I can download the tar.gz file with a dedicated downloader that supports resuming. But I don’t know what to do with the downloader-downloaded file.

This is amazing, thanks.

Happy to hear that it’s useful.
It will require an update in a month, to include new UTXOs. Browser based solution would be more convenient but I don’t want you to send your addresses/UTXOs to the internet.

I managed to run it on a remote machine. Very neat! If it says an UTXO can find a kernel on a given date, is it certain that my minter will find it if the minter is working? When the kernel is found, if there is no other block is found at the same time, it should be accepted, right? or are there other uncertainties?

@mhps no uncertainties beside difficulty from theoretical side(max diff is shown next to time), I haven’t tested different re-org scenarios with ppcoind though.

Great. 11 days to go for the first test.

Nice to see you progress this fast. Good luck with further development!

Interesting blog post from Conformal about Monetas implementing colored coins in btcd:

https://blog.conformal.com/monetas-brings-colored-coins-to-btcd/

Great. 11 days to go for the first test.[/quote]

How is this project going Mably?

Thanx for asking sentinelrv.

Sadly, it’s a bit stalled at the moment. I was hoping for stronger support from the Peercoin dev community, kac- helped a lot, thanx to him, but it was mostly the only support I got.

Hopefully the project is not dead yet. A full node has been running on ppcd for weeks without problems and all the project code is still available on github. kac- has been using some of the code for some side projects related to Peercoin.

I am waiting for the Open Transactions 1.0 realease in december to try to put the ppcd project back on track.

Sadly, it’s a bit stalled at the moment. I was hoping for stronger support from the Peercoin dev community, kac- helped a lot, thanx to him, but it was mostly the only support I got.

Hopefully the project is not dead yet. A full node has been running on ppcd for weeks without problems and all the project code is still available on github. kac- has been using some of the code for some side projects related to Peercoin.

I am waiting for the Open Transactions 1.0 realease in december to try to put the ppcd project back on track.[/quote]

I didn’t even realize you needed more help. Is there anything we can do now that we know?

Thanks for all your hard work on this, mably.

kac-, does findstake (one of my favourite things in the [sup][size=6pt]Peercoin[/size][/sup] world) now include recently created UTXOs? :slight_smile:

I am waiting for the Open Transactions 1.0 realease in december to try to put the ppcd project back on track.[/quote]

I didn’t even realize you needed more help. Is there anything we can do now that we know?[/quote]

I guess we need to get back some motivation into the project. There is at the moment no planned use case for ppcd, that doesn’t help.

Can you confirm that ppcd is on a code base that is mostly independent from bitcoind (hence ppcoind) ? If positive ppcd is vitally important for the survival of Peercoin in the long term, because it is very possible that serious bugs will be found and exploited in one software, but much less likely in two versions of softwares (unless the bug is in the protocol).

I would like to have ppcd compiled for R-pi and I will run it 7x24.

Can you confirm that ppcd is on a code base that is mostly independent from bitcoind (hence ppcoind) ? If positive ppcd is vitally important for the survival of Peercoin in the long term, because it is very possible that serious bugs will be found and exploited in one software, but much less likely in two versions of softwares (unless the bug is in the protocol).

I would like to have ppcd compiled for R-pi and I will run it 7x24.[/quote]

Hi mhps, thanx for your support.

ppcd is using a different code base than peercoind (hence bitcoind) as it is based on btcd, a bitcoind port by Conformal, which is written in a totally different programming language: Go.

You’ll find more information about ppcd on the peer4commit project page.

kac- tried to have ppcd run on a Raspberry Pi. It compiled fine but refused to start as far as I can remember.

I PMed peerchemist about that and he said he will have a look at it.

As I have said earlier, an instance of ppcd have been running 24x24 for several weeks without any problem. FYI minting is not implemented yet.

:smiley: [ blushed :wink: ] findstake update Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!

True, we need some goals to keep it moving.
So far mably is running ppcd node under full monitoring(I started second one yesterday). Node is running stable, memory and cpu footprints are more than promising. But what next?

• minter
  • OT (any news?)
  • micropayments
  • anonymization
  • private bitpay
  • fast and resource efficient Proof Of Existence
  • ?

You know, sub-project to build around core, gain interest, support and coders, improve ppcd code. What do you think? What do you need?