ASIC Group buy anyone? Or help me choose one :)

Yeah, I think a lot of these look good on paper…

KNCminer’s 20nm 3TH in Q1/Q2 2014 (prob Q2) – https://www.kncminer.com/categories/miners

And the 16nm’s might come online in late 2014/early 2015??

This is what’s coming…

Canada has the cheapest electricity in North America.

The primary way to come out ahead in the US with solar is by using state tax credits. In the state of Georgia, for instance, they limit total yearly clean energy tax credits to $5mm (for the whole state) through 2014. Credits are awarded on a first come first serve basis.

It would be interesting to tackle the energy issue using solar – the upfront costs are usually kind of high, which is why third parties generally finance solar build-outs and lease the energy back to the users.

Obviously we are not talking anything close to a major build-out…

As interesting as it would be to incorporate the mine and use solar tax credits to write down energy expenses…it’s unclear how much that would help. I’m no attorney but IMO if it was an LLC, the credits could pass through to the limited partners (mining stakeholders) but they could only use the credits to write down their taxes if they live in that specific state.

And IMO if it was a corp the entity could write down expenses at the corporate level and distribute dividends, etc etc…

Sorry, this is probably a bizarre tangent. Just putting a little thought into the solar possibility…

A rudimentary setup with car batteries and solar panels would be great if it would provide enough energy…

Forming an incorporated mining collective is an interesting approach. I’ll have to think that one over.

im interested… any idea how much each one would be?

I am very interested in the GB as well. Will start doing some research myself

Just posting back that I am still interested in participating once we have some idea what we would like to do.

Im also considering setting up a LTC mining GB + hosting elsewhere. Anyone interested in such a thing should PM me.

OK

Done some research and found a seller that i’m keen to go with.

For 20BTC we can get a preorder of Batch 1 KNC Neptune miner… delivery date expected to be Q1 / Q2 of 2014… so could be as late as July 2014 in all realisticness but other than buying much smaller devices etc there is little chance of getting as good a deal on hashrate per price.

I have a time limit on this offer as well… needs to be paid fairly promptly.

Here is the full breakdown of logistics of what I am willing to offer…

I will be running / hosting the device in my home, and delivery / collection will be paid for by me on the device. I am also looking to finish off a large part of my solar power energy so I should be able to offer this device with 0 running costs.

To make life nice and simple the device is 3TH. Call it 7BTC per 1TH.

I am willing to put in 7 - 10 BTC for ownership of 1TH - 1.5TH

The rest of the hashing power I am happy to sell off to people if they are interested?

There is a possibility of 2 devices we could own btw on this one… so 6TH max possible hashrate

Please let me know

Fuzzybear

For a Batch 1 Neptune, count me in for 7 - 10 BTC worth, as well.

Sorry, I had meant to post on this yesterday…

What is your timeline on this? Are Batch 1’s released at the same time giving us an even start with the other Neptunes or is there a shipping order sequence?

I guess even if hash rates are much higher by June, potentially, it could always be resold to recoup a little…What is their record in terms of timely shipping?

I’m wondering –

[ol][li]what all of these custom built massive industrial mines coming online will do to the hash rates over the next six months (Asic-miner Hong Kong, Ice Drill, etc., for instance), and [/li]
[li]is there a way to order bulk motherboards w/ASIC sooner rather than later and build a mining rig (without production masks and NRE; I’m talking wholesale PCBs and compatible ASIC chipsets from a supplier)[/li][/ol]

I’m researching and thinking this over. I’m also waiting for a response from Hashfast regarding their wholesale 400 GH boards…

The Batch 1 order that we found didn’t pan out. Too many red flags, so we’re back to the drawing board.

Re: building our own rigs. Personally, I like that idea a lot, but I’m a novice when it comes to that sort of hardware hacking. I’m certainly up for the discussion though, so if you find out anything, or get a lead on a potential deal, please keep me in the loop.

I will certainly keep you in the loop if anything interesting pops up.

Just signed up to talk about this.

Black Arrow are sending out some low $/Ghs machines starting beginning of March, which will dominate the field until the Neptunes are released. We can buy them from https://minersource.net/ , as the official US reseller.

Another thing worth thinking about is organizing a groupbuy with http://www.dzminercoop.com/ . They normally only deal with BTC, but are now venturing into the scrypt altcoin mining market. They have top-notch hosting facilities with backup generators, and (somewhat) low hosting fees.

I think that if we go to the coop with enough interest, they would be willing to organize a peercoin groupbuy / hosting, which would also open up our market to even more buying power. They’ve been known to get their hands on some hardware below retail cost, due to their large purchasing power.

Heck, with enough of a hashing power we may even be able to set up our own mining pool to reduce fees further…

Anyways, I’m incredibly interested in a peercoin mining groupbuy, and it looks like we have plenty of interest from others as well. Let me know what y’all think and maybe we can get this rolling.

Edit: Fixed formatting, I think.

Hello,

can You please help me how to set that ASIC: https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage/10-gh-s-bitcoin-miner.html

For mining peercoin.
When I try to mine it says: On Windows: BitForce detect (3:1) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)
USB init, open device failed, err -12, you need to install a WinUSB driver for - CMR device 3:1

On Mac OS X: BitForceSC detect (29:7) failed to initialise (incorrect
device?)

I was install all drivers.
Thanks

I can personally say my cube is doing nicely. I recommend a cube. 38gh and easy setup. I can do a guide if anyone wants one. Also, going for 750$ on amazon. Don’t know about a group buy though. Jones Gear is where I bought mine.

I spoke with one of the fine folks at DZMC, and they they would look into the possibility of a PPC group buy. If I hear anything more, I’ll let you all know.

If we want to do this right, we need to build our own hardware. Anthing less than 10Th/s is going to be an ROI nightmare by March. You may think I’m kidding, but it’s my opinion that hobbyists are out if the market now, and unless you are willing to pony up the $$$$$ to get in with a pre-release, neither BTC nor PPC are ROI-positive for the average person.

I was going to buy a Batch 2 Neptune and a Batch 1 Black Arrow, but realized I was far better off buying PPC outright.

[quote=“Ben, post:37, topic:883”]If we want to do this right, we need to build our own hardware. Anthing less than 10Th/s is going to be an ROI nightmare by March. You may think I’m kidding, but it’s my opinion that hobbyists are out if the market now, and unless you are willing to pony up the $$$$$ to get in with a pre-release, neither BTC nor PPC are ROI-positive for the average person.

I was going to buy a Batch 2 Neptune and a Batch 1 Black Arrow, but realized I was far better off buying PPC outright.[/quote]
Yeah this was a conclusion I wad coming to as well.
I may see how cheap I could pick up something in march but yeah I’m not looking to expand my mining unless a crazy good deal comes along now.
Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I have 10gh cube, and not work. Can you please do setup guide for peercoin?
Thanks

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:38, topic:883”][quote=“Ben, post:37, topic:883”]If we want to do this right, we need to build our own hardware. Anthing less than 10Th/s is going to be an ROI nightmare by March. You may think I’m kidding, but it’s my opinion that hobbyists are out if the market now, and unless you are willing to pony up the $$$$$ to get in with a pre-release, neither BTC nor PPC are ROI-positive for the average person.

I was going to buy a Batch 2 Neptune and a Batch 1 Black Arrow, but realized I was far better off buying PPC outright.[/quote]
Yeah this was a conclusion I wad coming to as well.
I may see how cheap I could pick up something in march but yeah I’m not looking to expand my mining unless a crazy good deal comes along now.
Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

I had the same conclusion for a solo purchase, but was willing split the risk a bit with a group buy. DZMC founder responded and said that their hands were a bit full at the moment, and suggested that they had other multi-coin altcoin group buys at the time (scrypt only though; I think they thought PPC was scrypt?). Regardless, they still do hosting, so if people wanted to organize a GB and have it hosted by them, I might be interested.

Otherwise, I’ll just keep buying/holding altcoins, and check in with everyone in March or so. Cheers!