Anyone mining with Antiminer U1 usb miner?

Is it worth the investment? I’m not looking for ROI of 2 months, even if it is 7 months I’ll do it. I want to support PPC.
My planned setup is 1 Antminer hosted by RasPi, so total of ~4-5W/h.

But, can the U1 deliver at the moment?

[quote=“cookie, post:1, topic:1816”]Is it worth the investment? I’m not looking for ROI of 2 months, even if it is 7 months I’ll do it. I want to support PPC.
My planned setup is 1 Antminer hosted by RasPi, so total of ~4-5W/h.

But, can the U1 deliver at the moment?[/quote]

I purchased 4 of them and got them setup and running yesterday.
Based on information from dustcoin.com, if all things stay equal they will roi in about 6 months at .15c/kw

I am not doing it for the get rich quick either, I plan on slowly building a nice farm with these, and when funds allow a larger miner from knc or cointerra, I plan on holding onto the ppc mined for the longterm.

I can’t figure out how to post anything on the forums, and i found your post that seems relevant enough, so, sorry about this.

I’ve been mining BTC for a bit. and decided to get ASICS, and i bought 5 AntMiners with 1.6gh/s each, and a little usb rig and an arctic breeze.

So, my thoughts turned to stay mining BTC or move around? BTC seems to have many flaws… and a big one being that it’ll eventually be too hard to even mine with the current ASICS we have… so. I turned around and went back to the beginning and found Peercoins. Usually most alt coins are just crappy “copy cats” with little to no modification from BTC, but PPC seems to have at least addressed enough of the errors to have a chance of sustainability. So, here I am. Currently mining LiteCoins with my GUI, barely getting much in all honesty. And with my asics soon to arrive, i don’t know if it’s worth it to mine Peercoin, or keep mining BTC then buy peercoins and keep the peercoins or sell them as peercoins or keep them as BTC and stick with BTC…

Can somebody help a rookie…?

Thanks! & sorry for making this a reply. I couldn’t find out how to post things

[quote=“Outride, post:3, topic:1816”]I can’t figure out how to post anything on the forums, and i found your post that seems relevant enough, so, sorry about this.

I’ve been mining BTC for a bit. and decided to get ASICS, and i bought 5 AntMiners with 1.6gh/s each, and a little usb rig and an arctic breeze.

So, my thoughts turned to stay mining BTC or move around? BTC seems to have many flaws… and a big one being that it’ll eventually be too hard to even mine with the current ASICS we have… so. I turned around and went back to the beginning and found Peercoins. Usually most alt coins are just crappy “copy cats” with little to no modification from BTC, but PPC seems to have at least addressed enough of the errors to have a chance of sustainability. So, here I am. Currently mining LiteCoins with my GUI, barely getting much in all honesty. And with my asics soon to arrive, i don’t know if it’s worth it to mine Peercoin, or keep mining BTC then buy peercoins and keep the peercoins or sell them as peercoins or keep them as BTC and stick with BTC…

Thanks! & sorry for making this a reply. I couldn’t find out how to post things[/quote]

I am mining PPC for the long term. I have interest in other companies that are mining btc, but decided to build my own little farm for ppc when I found the antminers for 50$/each.
While I am doing the math on a “positive” roi I am not concerned about cashing out ppc to fiat to ROI, I am holding for the long term. I missed the BTC boat, I knew about it, but didn’t do anything about it, but ppc gives me another chance.
BTC/PPC/LTC/FTC/etc all will have their place in the new economy we are creating.

As for your antminers, did you get a powered usb hub? I found out the “hard” way that my laptop can only power 3 before cgminer starts acting up and calling them dead or zombies.

I have 4 and plan on buying a few more to fill out the the hub I bought.
If you need help getting them running shoot me a pm and I will send you the files you need. The antminers arent as straightforward as the blue/red furies or the asicminer sticks

[quote=“rdyoung, post:4, topic:1816”][quote=“Outride, post:3, topic:1816”]I can’t figure out how to post anything on the forums, and i found your post that seems relevant enough, so, sorry about this.

Thanks! & sorry for making this a reply. I couldn’t find out how to post things[/quote]

I am mining PPC for the long term. I have interest in other companies that are mining btc, but decided to build my own little farm for ppc when I found the antminers for 50$/each.
While I am doing the math on a “positive” roi I am not concerned about cashing out ppc to fiat to ROI, I am holding for the long term. I missed the BTC boat, I knew about it, but didn’t do anything about it, but ppc gives me another chance.
BTC/PPC/LTC/FTC/etc all will have their place in the new economy we are creating.

As for your antminers, did you get a powered usb hub? I found out the “hard” way that my laptop can only power 3 before cgminer starts acting up and calling them dead or zombies.

I have 4 and plan on buying a few more to fill out the the hub I bought.
If you need help getting them running shoot me a pm and I will send you the files you need. The antminers arent as straightforward as the blue/red furies or the asicminer sticks[/quote]

Yup :smiley: I’ve learned from other’s mistakes. I bought 5 little ant miners, and then added an arctic breeze fan which seems that it should do the job perfectly for the five little guys. http://tinyurl.com/theacrcticbreeze
and then the usb port hub is an anker 7 port hub w/ a dedicated charging port. http://tinyurl.com/theankerporthub

If all goes good, i’m thinking on making a little farm too. Maybe buy another 7 port (or 9 port) and fill it up with ant miners and another arctic breeze :smiley:

I’m in it i guess for the ROI, but in a way we all are. Nobody really means to put money somewhere to loose it (not counting vegas) but… i mean, idk. I’d personally like to support the PPC network, but then, I would “technically” make the most profit mining BTC with the 5 ant miners, and then adding more later on. But the problem is, if i go with btc, and ppc sky rockets… yeah… lol first world problems, huh?

[move]I feel like this really needs to be added. It’s addicting & if you can add it anywhere, it DOES mean you should :D[/move]

i’m running 10 antminer u1 with anker hub. overclock to 2.0GH.

A good small rig for long term on PPC. :slight_smile: If you think to ROI fast - don’t think is the right way. why don’t start with buying some ppc 1st as your 1st step

how can a new user start a new topic on this forum

I will buy some once my PPCoin wallet downloads the entire blockchain, Again. lol something went wrong and it wouldn’t load :frowning: had to delete the blkindex.dat … yay… haha

I’ve the ant miners incoming this week :smiley: can’t wait. I don’t care much for immediate ROI, i’d rather a steady income than a wild guess :wink: but yeah i’ll buy some ppc coins, specially for $5 each :smiley:

[quote=“ckyap8188, post:6, topic:1816”]i’m running 10 antminer u1 with anker hub. overclock to 2.0GH.

A good small rig for long term on PPC. :slight_smile: If you think to ROI fast - don’t think is the right way. why don’t start with buying some ppc 1st as your 1st step[/quote]

Are you running your u1s on windows or linux? I am running the modified version of cgminer and over clocking them to 1.8 or 2 gives worse performance and more errors than leaving them at 1.6. Using 0781 I am averaging 1.78xx on all 4 of mine, but when I oc they go downhill.

What pool is everyone using? I’ve tried getting my antminer to work on the fixx ppcoin pool and the D7 pool, but no luck. I’m using bfgminer. It’s working on other coin’s pools and on mega multi pool, but I can’t get it to work with any PPC pools. Any ideas? Here’s my .cmd line:

C:\Users\Name\Desktop\bfgminer\bfgminer-3.10.0-win64\bfgminer.exe -o tcp://stratum.d7.lt:3333 -u Username.Worker -p 12345 -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0781

[quote=“rdyoung, post:9, topic:1816”][quote=“ckyap8188, post:6, topic:1816”]i’m running 10 antminer u1 with anker hub. overclock to 2.0GH.

A good small rig for long term on PPC. :slight_smile: If you think to ROI fast - don’t think is the right way. why don’t start with buying some ppc 1st as your 1st step[/quote]

Are you running your u1s on windows or linux? I am running the modified version of cgminer and over clocking them to 1.8 or 2 gives worse performance and more errors than leaving them at 1.6. Using 0781 I am averaging 1.78xx on all 4 of mine, but when I oc they go downhill.[/quote]

i’m running on bfgminer (on Mac) using 0881. I try to overclock higher but HW error goes nuts…

[quote=“Chartist, post:10, topic:1816”]What pool is everyone using? I’ve tried getting my antminer to work on the fixx ppcoin pool and the D7 pool, but no luck. I’m using bfgminer. It’s working on other coin’s pools and on mega multi pool, but I can’t get it to work with any PPC pools. Any ideas? Here’s my .cmd line:

C:\Users\Name\Desktop\bfgminer\bfgminer-3.10.0-win64\bfgminer.exe -o tcp://stratum.d7.lt:3333 -u Username.Worker -p 12345 -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0781[/quote]

-o stratum+tcp://stratum.d7.lt:3333

try this…

[quote=“ckyap8188, post:11, topic:1816”]-o stratum+tcp://stratum.d7.lt:3333

try this…[/quote]

Working now. Thanks!

Random question, do you happen to like the band cky?

Any one know of a good guide for over clocking this antminer?
I just got mine up and running on cgminer today… running under 1.6 (1.48 average)

Personally, I use BFGMiner, but for CGMiner, you would use a command line like:

cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.d7.lt:3333 -u <username> -p <password> --bmsc-freq 0781

Change the --bmsc-freq value to set the amount of overclock:

• 1.6GH/s: 0781
  • 1.8GH/s: 0881
  • 2.0GH/s: 0981
  • 2.2GH/s: 0A81

I have one U1 that doesn’t like to be overclocked, so I run it by itself in its own instance of BFGMiner as it’s own worker. I run all the others overclocked in a second instance as a different worker.

Thanks for the response, I know this is a foolish question but where do I enter the command line?
I’m missing something very simple I know. Please excuse the need to state likely the very obvious but I very new at this and have learned alot in the last two weeks where I knew literally zero before.
Thanks for your patience.

I assume you are using windows…if so, to open a “Command Prompt” window you can do one of the following

• Click the Windows Start button, go to the Accessories folder, then select “Command Prompt”
  • Or, click the Windows Start button and type CMD in the search text box

Once the window is open, you have to navigate to where you installed CGMiner, and type the command line in there.

well so far I got to the right directory but I don’t think my command is being read correctly. I’m trying to use the one posted above.
any one know the exact command to change it?

I got it overclocked, I must have entered the command line wrong at first.
Thanks for the help guys, hope you run good in your mining.