[ANN] xpool.xram.co - XPrimePool

The time for upgrading is at long last here.

On June 15th at 12:00AM UTC, we will kill all connections to the pools and allow for any final payouts to be made (if any) before shutting them down. We are opening a new set of pools to take their place using superior software, unfortunately we will no longer support Primecoin or Datacoin and will instead support Feathercoin, Worldcoin, and Megacoin. To connect to the new pool go to pool.xram.co.

We are greatly sorry about all the problems there have been with our pool software, we appreciate your support and hope for its continuation.

Original post: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=1501.msg27239#msg27239

Happy Mining!

[size=12pt]Let me know of any more issues or downtime please, so I can fix them sooner rather than later. Simply quote one of my posts and I will get a notification on my phone.[/size]

If you are having a problem, please let us know, it does not help to keep it a secret! :slight_smile:

Short Term Planned Features:

• New website interface!

• List of transactions sent to address

• Mining speed and worker count charts

• All-time shares submitted (for individual stats)

Long Term Planned Features:

• PPLNS system of some sort

• Server upgrade when enough money

I just moved some of my nodes over to test the waters :slight_smile:

I’m getting a huge amount of 6 chains especially on my more powerful server, like one every ten seconds, is that expected? How much are the 6 chains worth?

I'm getting a huge amount of 6 chains especially on my more powerful server, like one every ten seconds, is that expected? How much are the 6 chains worth?

It is normal to mine 6-chains quickly, but they are not worth very much.

Chain Values:
6-chain: 1
7-chain: 15
8-chain: 150
9-chain: 900
10-chain or higher: 3600

It is worthwhile to intentionally try to mine longer chains.

[quote=“KillerByte, post:4, topic:1084”]

I’m getting a huge amount of 6 chains especially on my more powerful server, like one every ten seconds, is that expected? How much are the 6 chains worth?

It is normal to mine 6-chains quickly, but they are not worth very much.

Chain Values:
8-chain: 150
9-chain: 900
10-chain or higher: 3600

It is worthwhile to intentionally try to mine longer chains.[/quote]

I didn’t know that was possible - is it a parameter or where would I set that?

I didn't know that was possible - is it a parameter or where would I set that?

On xolokram’s miner there is not. You should be finding some 7 or higher length chains in your miners though along with all your 6-chains.

The pool is high varience because the longer chains are over valued intentionally so that when you find a block, you get a higher payout. This also discourages people from modifying their miners to mine excessive 6 chains and never actually mine a block.

[quote=“KillerByte, post:6, topic:1084”]

I didn’t know that was possible - is it a parameter or where would I set that?

On xolokram’s miner there is not. You should be finding some 7 or higher length chains in your miners though along with all your 6-chains.

The pool is high varience because the longer chains are over valued intentionally so that when you find a block, you get a higher payout. This also discourages people from modifying their miners to mine excessive 6 chains and never actually mine a block.[/quote]

I am getting some 7 chains too. I wonder if this setup would be more, less, or the same efficiency for machines with less power. Any ideas?

Should be the same efficiency, it just depends on mining speed. A miner with a low PPS rate should still find a 10 chain at the same proportion of 6-chains unless the person changed the mining program.

Is there a tutorial how to use this miner with PuTTY or Digital Ocean?

When configuring the supervisor in http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=1431.0, simply change the -poolip option to xpool.xram.co, and the -poolport option to 1339, and you will be mining just the same.

Block mining stats have been added to the front page (we have mined no blocks yet, though). I plan to make them clickable soon, and to show red if orphaned.

I also am thinking about putting a graph on the front page to show the rate at which shares are submitted, but I havent decided for sure yet.

[quote=“KillerByte, post:11, topic:1084”]Block mining stats have been added to the front page (we have mined no blocks yet, though). I plan to make them clickable soon, and to show red if orphaned.

I also am thinking about putting a graph on the front page to show the rate at which shares are submitted, but I havent decided for sure yet.[/quote]
We have now found our first block.

[center]

[/center]

Bump… 8)

??? whats Wrong??? :o

[quote=“CoffeeMilk, post:13, topic:1084”][center]

[/center]

Bump… 8)

??? whats Wrong??? :o[/quote]

Our web interface has a glitch that we are currently addressing, the block was mined and your share of it will be paid out once your account balance reaches 2 XPM. Also to clarify the time to confirm, it will take 3 days before it is added to your balance and then paid out if it surpasses the 2 XPM mark.

Please note: No shares have been lost,
despite our slight glitch on the webpage in displaying the unconfirmed balance.

Our web interface has a glitch that we are currently addressing.

The bug has been fixed. The balances should now be showing up perfectly now.

To completely be specific about when payouts occour:

• Blocks get confirmed after 3400 confirmations (as Eadword said, about 3 days). At which point, that balance becomes confirmed.

• Payouts occour when the network block height is divisable by 20 without a remainder (so every 20 blocks, or every 20 minutes).

• Payouts will only occour when the users balance reaches 2 XPM. Some people already have reached that point on the first block, so a transaction should enter your wallet 2-3 days from now.

Follow the guide in that post, it contains a full automatic scrip that will configure you DIgitalOcean droplet (or linux server):

Follow the guide in that post, it contains a full automatic scrip that will configure you DIgitalOcean droplet (or linux server):

Thanks kalup!

OK, I will be doing some work on the pool over the next few hours.

There is one user who has connected with the address “user”, which is obviously not a valid address. Please fix. Its only 219 shares as of now. I will fix the server so that clients cannot connect without valid address tonight.

The most noteworthy change is an update to the chain values! EDIT: These new values are already active! Here are the new values:

8-chain: 170
9-chain: 1900
10-chain (or higher): 21000
Estimated Average Number of Shares to Block (at difficulty 10): 98,076 (this probably is inaccurate, but I am trying to prove it with math :))

There should only be a massive change in your payouts if you are (intentionally) mining more 6 chains than you should be. I do not think that is a problem though.

Everyone Cheer!

That first block we found a few days past has now been confirmed successfully and paid out to those with an account balance greater than 2XPM.

This is the transaction ID: 63105cf5526ba764b451c3d3ecd73da9b6d6852b1fc1c44cd061d5108cb90e5a
And this is the address that it was paid out to: Aaa9wi9om453qFLtUbWFBm8EMUW8UY1SSi

Happy Mining!

We are going to be making a transfer to a new server today that has far more bandwidth, we do apologize for the downtime that will occur as we update the domain, however everything should continue normally after the switch. In the mean time the IP is 162.243.241.151
As soon as the domain updates though, you will be able to connect as before, to xpool.xram.co.

Please note that your miner will most likely need to be restarted in order to connect to the new server.

Edit: the transfer is complete, if you are having problems connecting, first try restarting your miner, if that does not do it, please tell us.

hi there.

start mining on the new address and its working.

just wondering if ur pool site have a payout balance/stat page as beeeer pool ? :slight_smile:
that will be awesome if you do so.

happy mining~