Ypool or beeeer?

Last I checked AeroCloud’s jhPrimeminer isn’t open source. If it is, they don’t make it easy to find the source.

Another negative for YPool.

[quote=“okzx, post:21, topic:1839”]Last I checked AeroCloud’s jhPrimeminer isn’t open source. If it is, they don’t make it easy to find the source.

Another negative for YPool.[/quote]

I’ve been running this, compiling from source:

Or running https://github.com/clintar/jhPrimeminer

There’s some source on ypool’s XPM Howto and it is the second hit on Google for jhPrimeminer.

I have stuff on ypool and beeeeer pools, still trying both out.

Clintar’s jhPrimeminer is not Aerocloud’s jhPrimeminer. It is another version of jhPrimeminer that was ported to Linux with some of AeroCloud’s changes merged in. If you can actually find the source for AeroCloud’s windows miner, especially version T17 or later I will be surprised. I have no idea what version of AeroCloud’s changes are merged into Clintar’s. It says T16v5, but who knows if that is still accurate. I also don’t know where he is getting AeroCloud’s code to merge it, I assume he is directly getting it from AeroCloud. If Clintar’s miner has the latest changes from AeroCloud merged into a version that compiles on Linux then I am confused why there is another branch for it.

The source in the Howto on YPool is for the original jhPrimeminer which hasn’t been updated in at least 5 months and there has been multiple other versions of the miner by other authors, that have been the recommended miner for YPool since then.

My point is, if you want to see the code where the latest version AeroCloud’s jhPrimeminer submits developer shares to YPool you are going to have a bad time.

[quote=“okzx, post:23, topic:1839”]Clintar’s jhPrimeminer is not Aerocloud’s jhPrimeminer. It is another version of jhPrimeminer that was ported to Linux with some of AeroCloud’s changes merged in. If you can actually find the source for AeroCloud’s windows miner, especially version T17 or later I will be surprised. I have no idea what version of AeroCloud’s changes are merged into Clintar’s. It says T16v5, but who knows if that is still accurate. I also don’t know where he is getting AeroCloud’s code to merge it, I assume he is directly getting it from AeroCloud. If Clintar’s miner has the latest changes from AeroCloud merged into a version that compiles on Linux then I am confused why there is another branch for it.

The source in the Howto on YPool is for the original jhPrimeminer which hasn’t been updated in at least 5 months and there has been multiple other versions of the miner by other authors, that have been the recommended miner for YPool since then.

My point is, if you want to see the code where the latest version AeroCloud’s jhPrimeminer submits developer shares to YPool you are going to have a bad time.[/quote]

Candypool didn’t specify which miner, he just said jhprimeminer. But it would nice to have some sort of evidence to go with the allegation.

But as for where Clintar got T16v5, again Google is your friend

For Linux, Aerocloud links to Clintar’s source over his own.

I don’t really care about Windows, but out of curiosity I did grab T17 for ypool and ran strings on it, there is reference to an AeroCloud worker name.
I wonder if this is the “developer shares” feature that was announced on Ypool. You could probably edit the file if you were so inclined.

Maybe I’ll try it both ways on my dueling quads. As xolokram says, the only thing that matters is xpm/day.

Hi,

this is what i know:
AeroCloud made his miner public some time ago:

Some people removed the donation part of the code so he decided to not publish his code again.
Clintar forked the code that was public and ported it.

Where in the source can I find this? file and line number please

As the source is not public i cannot pin point you on the line number.
Afaik AeroCloud switched away from the random share submission to the developer fee system on ypool.
Somewhere in the depts of ypool is a page that shows how much he earns with the dev fees.

But as for where Clintar got [b]T16v5[/b], again Google is your friend https://github.com/AeroCloud/jhPrimeminer-Aero For Linux, Aerocloud links to Clintar's source over his own.

AeroCloud’s repository doesn’t have any version’s after 16v5. If you are keeping track, there are 12 versions of T17 and a T18 in testing. Clintar’s version has changes recently, meaning he is either getting changes from AeroCloud privately or doing his own modifications. Either way, jh00 only added support for developer fees recently, and since Clintar and AeroCloud are the only well know developers (that I know off) working on jhPrimeminer it wouldn’t make sense for another jhPrimeminer or AeroCloud’s T16v5 or earlier to have the developer fee changes. Unless it was in the original jhPrimeminer by jh00 which hasn’t been updated in 7 months or jh00 gave prior notification to the developers before version 16v5.

it wouldn't make sense for another jhPrimeminer or AeroCloud's T16v5 or earlier to have the developer fee changes.
This is correct. The older version just submit a share under the name of the developer.

Look at github, the source is all there with commits and revision history. Including where clintar’s code came from, when it was forked, diffs of every commit.

Nobody’s asserted that another jhprimeminer or Aero’s T16v5 would have developer fees. It’s not germane and I’m not sure why you’ve introduced it.

Nobody's asserted that another jhprimeminer or Aero's T16v5 would have developer fees. It's not germane and I'm not sure why you've introduced it.

I did mistakenly think that candypool was referring to the developer fees, when he was referring to the hidden worker submission.

Look at github, the source is all there with commits and revision history. Including where clintar's code came from, when it was forked, diffs of every commit.

Can’t help that you don’t understand what I’m saying. I don’t really care to continue arguing about this.

I think beeeeer pays out better for small time miners.

So I have had my dueling core 2 quad machines going for a while now, both seem to be neck and neck on XPM/week.
The ypool box got a little bit behind because of the ddos but it got a good chain and is right back up there. The beeeeer box had dropped behind the second week but that’s because somehow it had quit mining for a day.

I think for the ease of the miner, beeeeer is great.

Did AeroCloud quit using OpenSSL and GNU libgmp, or is he breaking the license terms?