Ypool or beeeer?

I was doing a bunch of research trying to figure out mainly would it better to mine on ypool or beeeeer. ypool uses jhprimeminer and beeeeer uses xolo. I found one website where someone has 1920 (cloud) cores mining primecoin! He did a test on ypool and beeeeer and had a substantial amount more XPM on ypool.

I decided to with ypool to test the waters, but I wanted to see what others thought? Maybe less cores are better used with beeeeer and numerous cores are better with ypool?

i should probably say: BEEEER’S THE ONE AND ONLY!!!11!1

but i’m more curious about that website that states the “substantial amount more XPM on ypool” :slight_smile:

• xolokram
He did a test on ypool and beeeeer and had a substantial amount more XPM on ypool.

People have had similar results with XRamPool (http://xpool.xram.co/)…

…but this thread really should not be a big fight where the pool operators argue who pays more :slight_smile:

so

He did a test on ypool and xrampool and had a substantial amount more XPM on ypool.
;)

so there’s a “website” and “people”?! :-X

• xolokram

[quote=“xolokram, post:4, topic:1839”]so

He did a test on ypool and xrampool and had a substantial amount more XPM on ypool.
;)

so there’s a “website” and “people”?! :-X

• xolokram[/quote]

I’ve played with both, unfortunately it’s hard to do a comparison because you end up with a sometimes changing environment and so much luck is at play.

I have two identical quad core machines, and I have set one on beeeeer with its own address. The other is on its own ypool account with its own address.
beeeeer is at current balance: 0.183 and ypool is at 0.1801

the beeeeer machine got started a little bit earlier but not by a significant amount.

i did run into a situation where my machines found 3 blocks in the span of about 36 hours in ypool… my payout was 3 XPM for that time period. I was a little disappointed. In adding up the payouts I was up to a total of 24XPM payout on my 5 blocks. Booo… but I guess that’s the shares for you.

I do prefer the configuration side of beeeeer, you don’t need a login or worry about separate worker ids, you just put the address in and go.

I already did this awhile ago and posted my findings. Also ran the test for 1 week rather than 1 day

So i decided to switch to Ypool because i was able to check on my miners using the web interface to cut down on administration as i currently have 38 miners.

Here are the stats from the past weeks and why i switched back to Beeeer

I first Started mining on Beeeer

Here’s the Week before i switched to Ypool, this was also before i had the number of miners i have now, Around 28/30 and the difficulty was a little easier. As you can see i was luckier some days than others.

03.12.2013 11.1972 0.4665 XPM/h
02.12.2013 7.654 0.3189 XPM/h
01.12.2013 9.4534 0.3939 XPM/h
30.11.2013 10.6022 0.4418 XPM/h
29.11.2013 9.6728 0.403 XPM/h
28.11.2013 8.2641 0.3443 XPM/h
27.11.2013 7.9232 0.3301 XPM/h

Total Take = 64.7669 XPM /Week

So i switched to Ypool and added additional machines while on this pool i upped the number of machines i have to my current Max of 38.
Over the week at Ypool my best day was 0.334545401 XPM/h

While not far off from beeeer it was a def downgrade. My average over the week was 0.20479583 XPM/h but this included pool down time and miner crash’s that were far more numerous than at Beeeeer.

Total Take on Ypool = 34.40570019 /week

So as you can see Beeeer > Ypool in terms of pay out. While this is not exact because of luck and Ypools outage. Here is the breakdown.

Beeeer with less miners but less difficulty.

Ypool, more miners 8-10 more, higher difficulty by 1 week constant disconnect of miners and maintenance of the site.

@AAUDY1903:
you’ve read this 4 month old thread completely, right?
just asking…

[quote=“KillerByte, post:3, topic:1839”]

He did a test on ypool and beeeeer and had a substantial amount more XPM on ypool.

…but this thread really should not be a big fight where the pool operators argue who pays more :)[/quote]

All pools pay the same. You cant have a pool pay more or they are basically paying you to mine. A pool cant solve a block for 10 XPM and pay out 30 to all it’s miners.

Over all every pool pays the same it’s dependent on shares.

[quote=“xolokram, post:8, topic:1839”]@AAUDY1903:
you’ve read the 4 month old thread completely, right?
just asking…[/quote]

I’m not the OP. You asked what the website was, I gave it out of doing my own research. Jeez.

My apologies then, and thank you for digging out that post. :-X

[quote=“drozenski, post:9, topic:1839”][quote=“KillerByte, post:3, topic:1839”]

…but this thread really should not be a big fight where the pool operators argue who pays more :)[/quote]

All pools pay the same. You cant have a pool pay more or they are basically paying you to mine. A pool cant solve a block for 10 XPM and pay out 30 to all it’s miners.

Over all every pool pays the same it’s dependent on shares.[/quote]

Not entirely true, if you look at the link posted earlier. Especially with xpm, I would say it makes a difference. Even so, there are different fees for all the pools as well.

I’ve been going back and forth between the two pools with as few as a dual core and as many as 300 cores. What I can say is YPool seems to disconnect you OFTEN, thus resetting all the share values on your miners to zero. After watching my miners get reset 5 times in a week I switched off YPool almost completely I just keep a few machines running on it now, beeeeer has all my miners and pretty much never disconnects or drops my miners. Besides that when everything is stable they both pay almost identical amounts with what appears to be a favorable payout for small miners.

[quote=“KillerByte, post:12, topic:1839”][quote=“drozenski, post:9, topic:1839”][quote=“KillerByte, post:3, topic:1839”]

Over all every pool pays the same it’s dependent on shares.[/quote]

Not entirely true, if you look at the link posted earlier. Especially with xpm, I would say it makes a difference. Even so, there are different fees for all the pools as well.[/quote]

I need to chip in here too :slight_smile:
it is right that a pool can’t solve a block worth 10 XPM and distribute 30 XPM to its miners.
But what makes a difference is the fee the pool keeps for itself and whether it keeps the transaction fees or distributes them too.
If i’m correct ypool charges 3% fee and keeps the transaction fees.

So all hail to me because i do not keep anything :slight_smile:

Yeah, the quality of the jhPrimeminer has seriously declined. With multiple clients I pretty much have to check, restart, and update the clients almost every day. What kind of ticks me off about this is the 3% fee from the pool and the newly added support for developer fees. The owner of the pool doesn’t maintain the client and asks for 3% while the unaffiliated developer makes the client more and more unstable and they have declared they will eventually start asking for developer fees.

beeeeeer.org has it’s own problems I’m not even going to get into.

It really makes me wonder about the future of Primecoin that is has such poor community support for systems that help with the basic infrastructure of the coin. There are maybe three real pools and all of them are not that good. No online wallets. Etc.

@okzx
They already taking developer fees.
At the moment the jhPrimeMiner sends every once in a while a share under a setup worker name to the pool.
Afaik this is a little known fact.

What i do not understand though is the this:

seems to disconnect you OFTEN, thus resetting all the share values on your miners to zero
Why does this matter when you can lookup the statistics online ? As long as there is no downtime everything should be fine ?

YPool does not have any decent per worker stats. All it has is the share value/hour, which doesn’t match up with what the client says. Its overall stats aren’t that much better, either. The sad thing to me is (i’ve not seen candypool, so forgive me if I am wrong) that YPool has the best interface, yet it is hardly more than the bare minimum with a bootstrapper theme.

@okzx
Just give candypool a try and tell me what you think of the statistics page ( i think it will suit you more ).
Although it is a “bare minimum with a bootstrapper theme” too :slight_smile:

I think XPM has potential. As far as I can tell, it’s the main CPU-only coin right now, and it’s pretty steady in terms of value. Perhaps time for a bounty? The only reason there isn’t a huge community is because it’s a completely different algorithm (so you can’t just ‘adapt’ software).

[quote=“Candypool.net, post:16, topic:1839”]@okzx
They already taking developer fees.
At the moment the jhPrimeMiner sends every once in a while a share under a setup worker name to the pool.
Afaik this is a little known fact.[/quote]

Where in the source can I find this?
file and line number please