Windows, Linux, MacOS - compiling

Can anybody write here a step by step tutorial ? “How to compile from source code.”
Desired with video tutorial on youtube, images, and links for downloads.

So we will promote and this forum :slight_smile:

Compiling from source on Linux (Ubuntu 12.4)

Ok so using SunnyKings version of PPCoin from the github here https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin.git

Assuming u have git installed on Ubuntu use the command in the terminal:

git clone https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin.git

Once the download has finished change directory into the src folder:

cd ./ppcoin/src

I got a few error message during installing as i did not have curl installed and a few other dependencies, so install the following using the commands:

sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev
sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-dev libglibmm-2.4-dev

You may need to run the following line in the terminal for some other dependencies (I did not do this as I had already installed them when building the bitcoin client)

sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev libdb-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev libwxgtk2.8-dev

Now just compile in the terminal using the makefile command, I did the compile without UPNP activated

make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=1 ppcoind

You have now created the ppcoind.exe which you can start by typing

./ppcoind

You will need to set a username and password in the config file located in your home directory .ppcoin (this directory may be hidden) so open that directory and set a username and passwords. I had to create a file which i called ppcoin.conf and is identical to the bitcoin conf i have for this test purpose, though i changed port.

Restart the ppcoin server again and this time it should start downloading the blockchain,
and boom that’s it 8)

open another terminal and cd into the src directory again…

cd ./ppcoin/src

or right click in the terminal and open new tab (opens in same directory :))

now run various commands against the ppcoind such as:

./ppcoind getinfo
./ppcoind help

so yup that’s it hope this was helpful feel free to ask any questions and all tips / donations are very much appreciated :slight_smile:

ok so that a post i edited from the one i did to compile devcoin on Ubuntu… i’ll need to test it fully as there may be different dependencies or something … but is a good starting point :slight_smile:

FuzzyBear

Thanks, FunnyBear. Now ppcoin-qt.exe :slight_smile:

hey i’m Fuzzy not Funny :stuck_out_tongue: and yeah i know qt is next and i need to get the windows one locked down to got a few new builds to look at and do. but if anyone else does builds please feel free to add ur instructions

FuzzyBear