When will Peercoin be listed on Coinbase and/or Binance?

I’m still shocked that PPC hasn’t been listed on either two of these major exchanges. Coinbase has consistently added other coin listings that had less credibility.

I know there is an approval process but what is the recent word on this?

1 Like

Big exchanges list assets which they have stake in, also they will always list hot assets (hype) which can generate a lot of volume.

In the meantime, we are working toward integrating Peercoin with popular decentralized exchanges…

3 Likes

We should get this on https://loopring.io

Looks interesting, I’ll look into it. Too bad it’s on Ethereum as well.

The Foundation’s application to Coinbase in 2020/21 was delayed because, I think, of the need to implement Rosetta. What is the current position, please?

I’m curious because, in this bear-market, Coinbase’s fees might be lower than before, making it a better time to approach them.

We could not find any developer to help us port btcd. This was the first requirement, then Rosetta. We advertised on websites dedicated to hiring golang devs and only unqualified candidates reached out to us. So unfortunately we are no closer than we were when we announced the paid position for hire.

Coinbase fees are that their sister companies (VCs) have a major stake in the “project”. For that, there must be a presale.

Is there another route we could take, that bypasses exchanges altogether?

For example, I read that pension funds, hedge funds, investment trusts, etc. are moving into crypto.

Could we find a suitable firm, explain that Peercoin is SEC-proof, and reach some sort of deal whereby they sprinkle their financial vehicle with a little Peercoin, as a hedge against the ICOs and premine coins (to say nothing of Luna)?

Edit: in fact, it might not even need a deal. If finance firms can see for themselves the sense in such a move, they would proceed on their own volition.