Whatever happened to Sunny King?

He has not posted since january. Is he still a part of peercoin or has he left the project?

We had a meeting with him last month.

2 Likes

According to his profile, he was online 3 hours agoā€¦

He doesnā€™t seem to post publicly anymore. Iā€™m not sure if that will change or not. But as Nagalim said above, we are in communication with him.

2 Likes

How is the community still in contact with him if he does not post publicly anymore?

Also i think some type of regular updates should be released once in a while so peercoin does not look dead from the outside.

Email and our development channel on peercoin.chatā€¦

We do right here, but weā€™ve been pretty busy and havenā€™t had time to release one recentlyā€¦

https://talk.peercoin.net/c/official-updates

Is this peercoin.chat app a private chat room? If so will it be possible to embed it into the forum and make it avaliable to anyone to use with a forum account? Something like the chat room we used to have on the old forum would make it easier for non-developers to stay up to date with what is going onā€¦

https://peercoin.chat/channel/general

The one sunny talks in is private, but there are many channels that arenā€™t private. Thereā€™s also a telegram community thatā€™s linked via a bot. You can already log in using your github login, though it doesnā€™t have support for your forum ID.

A legitimate question indeedā€¦ Where is Sunny King?

Would be nice to see his updates again.

His last post was in the v0.6 release threadā€¦

Unfortunately he doesnā€™t do them anymore. The current team puts out occasional updates though when there is something new to report. They can be found hereā€¦

https://talk.peercoin.net/c/official-updates

Well, thatā€™s good to hear as long as he is around.
Take good care of him, it would be nice to hear from him now and then.

He is mostly busy with other things in his life at the present. Peercoin is still important to him, but he canā€™t make the time commitment necessary to be a big part right now. Fortunately, there is a whole team of people taking care of Peercoin right now. Peercoin is open source and public, it is bigger than one developer.

4 Likes

I find that hard to believe given the fact he just accepted a full time position at some other crypto development team

Is that not ā€˜other thingsā€™? Another job is actually exactly what I was thinking when i made that statement. I am not SKs keeper, and neither should you be. Who are we to say what employment opportunities this man is and is not allowed to take?

1 Like

I am pointing out the contradiction in your statement not trying to tell SK what to do with his time. In all honesty it is probably best SK step away from development as peercoin enters the next phase of itā€™s life.

What contradiction? I said SK was doing other things and cant be the entire Peercoin team himself anymore. He has another job, so he doesnā€™t have time to be a full time peercoin developer. I donā€™t really get your point here. Heā€™s also made no indication that he is ā€œstepping awayā€ from peercoin any more than he has in the last few years.

SUNNY KING is YUDONG ZHANG?