What infrastructure devopment will peercoin see in 2015?

Would a development fund be a good idea? It would be similar to the marketing fund and the same voting rules could apply. Project managers could post proposals detailing the work they need to be done, how much they would need and request the funds. The manager of the fund would have the responsibility of verifying votes and trying to find the quality developers necessary to do the work. Maybe they could even subtract a finders fee for their work, so there was something in it for them as well. Project managers could also have their own Peer4commit pages so they could receive donations directly as well. The same person could be asked to find developers and they could receive the finders fee from the individual project funds, rather than the main development fund.

I also remember Peerchemist’s talk about project Fazon, which talked about similar things, though I never really got a chance to dig deep into it. Maybe it’s time to raise it from the dead?

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:21, topic:3230”]Would a development fund be a good idea? It would be similar to the marketing fund and the same voting rules could apply. Project managers could post proposals detailing the work they need to be done, how much they would need and request the funds. The manager of the fund would have the responsibility of verifying votes and trying to find the quality developers necessary to do the work. Maybe they could even subtract a finders fee for their work, so there was something in it for them as well. Project managers could also have their own Peer4commit pages so they could receive donations directly as well. The same person could be asked to find developers and they could receive the finders fee from the individual project funds, rather than the main development fund.

I also remember Peerchemist’s talk about project Phazon, which talked about similar things, though I never really got a chance to dig deep into it. Maybe it’s time to raise it from the dead?[/quote]

Yes, it seems we have completed full circle and went back to Fazon idea. I just went trough that dusty thread, and yes I have proposed a lot of solutions for problems we are just debating about.
Maybe interested parties should read about it and maybe we can get back on it. It maybe need some tweaks, but general concept is nice.

Main, discussion thread (OP): http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=3201.0

Conclusion was to do it in stages, first stage was mapping the ecosystem to enable easy presentation.

Stage_1 thread: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=3247.0

However project has hit a wall and was abandoned, by me primarily.
I could not find decent software to make such map in the way I wanted, so the plan was to develop some tool by myself. However life and all other projects… yep too complicated. And above my current skill level.
Goal of this was to present each small segment of PPC ecosystem in clear way, and give a investor/holder/explorer idea what is going on and where is development focused and what to expect in future.
This is actually quite excellent marketing tool and would fit well into our website.

But maybe this is not really needed, it can be centralized I guess to save time and energy.

The person (or comity) in charge of Development fund could be responsible to present each project best they can. And than gather the funds and execute.

Yeah, it needs some more thinking but it is on good tracks.

I think Fazon was and still is a good idea. You might just have overcomplicated it a bit by trying to use great tools to represent mindmaps/roadmaps. Shoemaker, stick to your last, they say in Holland.

I think a few bullet points and a bit of context for each topic would work at least to start with. Once we have that down, and I can recall there was already a lot of material, we can put a proposal/bounty against it for someone to publish it (e.g. on website) in a nice way with all the bells and whistles. With that we can put proposals to investors and refer to the map and context.

[quote=“peerchemist, post:17, topic:3230”]And what can that person do to accomplish does goals? It is not like any of us are employed with Peercoin, great leader can not fire us or threaten us in any way.
Only thing great leader can do is sit down and get buisy, to finish those projects himself.[/quote]
As I said earlier, leader with wide allegiance don’t need force. I can spend my free time on for something sensible imo, or on something that I trust is sensible and will have support.
Please notice that not all projects and goals are as marketable as peerbox is.
Beside that, with pure community/marketing based development, we’d have 0.000001 tx fee, 5sec block times, fancy features and be where Blackcoin is.

I understand kac-, but there is little point to focus development on one thing as we are so limited by man power and needed talent.
If the push is now on user interface of wallet I would not be able to help as I don’t code C++.

Yes, thanks for bringing up Blackcoin. That is definitely not direction we want to go.

So let’s reconsider Fazon? I’ll re-format the posts tomorrow and post in a new thread. I must warn all of you that I will not be able to dedicate so much time to it so if we are going to do it someone else will have to carry the weight until it is on his own feet.

i feel updating the wallet interface should be a priority, a nice looking wallet = good first impression, plus it would differantiate us from the coins which have the standard qt wallet.

wow nice to see so many people interested in ppc’s development ;D, didnt expect the thread to get this big

We have a new skin for the Peerunity wallet that needs to be implemented. It will make it look a lot more visually pleasing with Peercoin’s color palete. SigmundAlpha had been working on it, but I’m not sure when he’s going to have it done. I’ve been trying to get Jordan or Ben to offer him a bounty reward from the Peerunity fund on Peer4commit to finish it up, but so far I haven’t received a response from them about it.

Hot (!decentralized!) discussion outcome: ______________________

I’ll bump this one until it will be clear.
Visionary: creates objectives, shows and describes their economic/social/moral foundations
Engineer: makes them real
Coder: codes what engineer said, c++, bash, js, test cases
Marketer: sells those things to community and brings new members

We may s*** talk whole year about decentralised development but there is only ONE consensus - one code that needs to work, shine, bring excitement, new ideas and users.

Counterarguments please.
Cheers