Wall Observer - The PPC Price Speculation Thread

Yesterday a spike took place which drove PPC above 1,8 mBTC (0.0018 BTC). Now we are “back to normal” again with 1,4-1,5 mBTC.

That worked out well, I had a 1LTC bet with a friend that was made on Friday. I declared FTC price was severely pumped and would fall below PPC value by Monday morning. He thought FTC would remain higher. +1 LTC for me :slight_smile:

As clarification, I was referencing the price increase that occurred a month ago. The curves look kinda similar; this time however, both amplitude and duration was shorter. Some quick numbers: the pre-floor for the one in July was 0.00122 and post-floor was 0.00143 (crest at 0.002). For this swing, the pre-floor was 0.00138 and post-floor looks to be 0.0145 (crest at 0.0185). Oddly enough, volume on both crest days were around the same amount (~950k).

Any thoughts on this? I would greatly appreciate different types of insight into this.

Can happen any day someone feels like dropping 10+ million $ on asics and giving it a try :stuck_out_tongue:

There is just so much power, it’s simply too much for one person to come in and bully the network.

Yes, too much for a person to invest and make the ASICs worthless after it. But for a gov which does not like cryptocoins it´s nothing.

Although, a collaboration of people with a sizable amount of money could do that. As far-fetched as it sounds, the group of people who manage to first create a efficient hashing ASIC with 20nm half-nodes (the lithography hasn’t been done yet, but it’s the next expected step), beat everyone to the punch, and create it successfully in the infancy of this lithographic geometry could do some significant damage. The geometry could be fine-tuned by 2015, industrialized by 2016, and working tapeout by late 2016.

Of course we’re talking about millions of dollars, and for a new geometry, it’d be classified as top-tier (at places like TSMC, GlobalFoundries, Renasas, and ON, their top tier BUs are at the minimum $100M). So the biggest issue is how to either (a) recoup the money for a BU that decides to do this or (b) find a bunch of people to “waste” that much money.

tl;dr: Could happen by 2016, but someone would have to be willing to spend 10s, if not 100s of millions of dollars.

[quote=“Excelsior”]By then you’ll be able to short Bitcoin on markets, so there’s your incentive. This isn’t probable in my opinion, this IS going to happen.

PPC is going to gain in value increasingly as people wake up to these realities and explode in popularity when the ‘Great Bitcoin Crash’ happens… in about 3 years from now.

Time to buy more ppc at these insanely affordable prices (and hold). :)[/quote]
Hehe, looks like people are listening to this prudent advice. Prices are stabilizing at a more sustainable upward trajectory.

(There is also good transfer velocity, no sure what the catalyst for this is, but increased velocity is definitely good for PPC.)

Time for a new micro-analysis :slight_smile:

PPC is following BTC in it’s current rally. Nearly all the other altcoins have lost value against BTC, including Primecoin.

The graph of the market cap in USD shows that since the dip at the beginning of June PPC has nearly doubled its price (in fiat) and is constantly growing, and in a very stable way (much more stable than BTC):

http://coinmarketcap.com/ppc_90.html

(Obviously you must rest the coin supply growth, but PPC inflation is below 2 % per month)

Yes I like this stability also, but nevertheless it will jump from time to time, more often up than down.

The last hours we had impressive buys and sells on btc-e in between 0.00150 BTC/PPC and 0.00158 BTC/PPC. It seems to me that someone wanted to manipulate the price down. There are some heavy anti-cyclical traders here, I enjoy this. Also bought some coins. It’s now stable again at around 0.00155.

When do we hit the tipping point? PPC is a very interesting currency to me, because most of its proponents/major holders seem to enjoy lurking quietly in the shadows, building up their long-term PPC holdings gradually.

If the total supply of PPC is slowly being bought up by people who think it will one day be worth more than Bitcoin, what happens when the total tradable/liquid supply dips below demand? Do you expect a linear increase over time, or a sharp sigmoid-like s-curve upwards? The tipping point hasn’t arrived, but it’s also not as far off as we might think.

It’s over one day that btc-e is making an update of their BTC wallet. Since then BTC can not be withdrawn nor deposited. This can have influence to the exchange rate, of course.

btc-e is ready with BTC wallet update, fasten your seat belts.

PPC outperforming BTC now

The low graph: Where is it traded so high to the BTC?

^^That was a little bubble at crypto-trade. Now there it’s at 0,16, very close to BTC-E.

PPC is about to pass $0,20 and has a new 90-day market cap high: $ 4,050,119 at coinmarketcap.com.

Does someone remember the (market-cap) all-time-high? The PPC/BTC all-time-high was about 0.035, as I remember.

I think price will continue to grow after v0.4 will be released. For now, fundamental news are mostly good (e.g. two new exchanges offering PPC/USD).

PS: Was calculating a bit and market cap ATH was probably at April 6, when PPC/USD high was 0.00349 * ~ 140 USD BTC/USD * 18290000 coins, which gives me 8936494. So market cap ATH should have been between 8,8 and 9 million USD.

Here is a speculation chart for you:

Interesting that PPC v0.4 is expected to be released on or about October 13th…(potential high point)?

We’re up 8% against BTC today and market cap is brushing $4.5 million. Any news?

One big buyer has been jumping in over the last couple days. They’re starting to spread out their buys more (first day or two they were buying big 50k+ blocks) to try and keep the price low, but it doesn’t seem to be working. PPC up 19% today.

It’s not necessarily one big player. I believe there have been many strategic players in the past, and there are not enough free coins now. Small and medium players can make this rise now.