[UX] Option to show peershares address labels in the Distribute Dividends list

UX suggestion to have an option, or another column, to display any Labels for the peershare addresses that you already have in your address book.

i.e. since I have EDu3BFQeQ8cWMVkwdqerPsoTa3ZPZQx52X labelled as ‘irritant’ and would like to see that in the list, as well as the address ( another column or a toggle on/off or a client setting).

[quote=“JohnnyCryptoCoin, post:1, topic:2261”]UX suggestion to have an option, or another column, to display any Labels for the peershare addresses that you already have in your address book.

i.e. since I have EDu3BFQeQ8cWMVkwdqerPsoTa3ZPZQx52X labelled as ‘irritant’ and would like to see that in the list, as well as the address ( another column or a toggle on/off or a client setting).[/quote]

This is going to be a popular request for sure. Highly recommended this get in before any release is done.

You could also show both. The address EDu3BFQeQ8cWMVkwdqerPsoTa3ZPZQx52X could be abbreviated to make extra room on the screen too:

EDu3BFQeQ8cWMVkwdqerPsoTa3ZPZQx52X can be displayed as EDu3B…ZQx52X

When looking at addresses a human usually glances at the first few letters, and last few letters of an address. This would also make extra room for labels.

A “hover” over the address could give the complete address, and clicking it could pop up its own window if necessary.

It’s no secret that cryptographic addressing is just plain ugly. It is of vital importance that the community find easier, more user friendly ways for the addresses to be visible but not “in your face” quite as much.

When I saw the Peershares window and all the ugly addresses on the left and right, I instantly knew some thing was wrong with the way this was being presented to the user.

On a positive note, I think overall Peershares is a great project and I’m excited to see it being used in production mode.

That’s a good way to handle it. I’ll need to look into how difficult it would be to modify the view in QT.

Did I ever mention how much I absolutely love the QT framework?..