Type your prediction: how much should be PPC in 2017

"But if peercoins inflation is so low (less than 4%) how can the price be so low? And if bitcoins inflation is so high 16% how can the price of bitcoin be so high? "
Bcz people adopt Bitcoin more than Peercoin, Peercoin is minority coin.

Bitcoin’s inflation is also near 4% per year. Bitcoin’s inflation might even be lower than Peercoin’s. I haven’t done the calculation. And the next halving will take bitcoin’s inflation down to 2% and below. This infographic is a bit misleading because it’s calculated using inflation after a total of 5 more years. They might’ve chosen 5 more years because Zcash currently has an insane inflation rate if you calculate it just for 2017.

1 Like

Let me know when you did.

We’re approaching those numbers with Peercoin quite fast, without being a deflationary coin.

mobile.twitter.com/PeercoinInflBot

1 Like

I’m not arguing for bitcoin over peercoin. I’m just explaining that bitcoin’s yearly inflation is not 16%. It’s ~1800 coins per day * 365 days per year = 657,000 coins per year. Divide by ~16 million coins in existence. That gives bitcoin a yearly inflation of about 4%.

Peercoin’s is apparently already at 2.2% according to that Twitter bot. I didn’t realize it had dropped so quickly.

1 Like

I would look at the YTD number, not the 7 days annualized (7D). The pow difficulty tends to move up and down a lot which affects the mining reward thus the inflation rate.

2 Likes

What matters most for ppc right now is marketcap not price. If PPC can stablise at $100M marketcap it would cement its place as a serious altcoin.

You realize how market cap relates to price?

1 Like

I’ll throw my hat in. I think it will reach $5 sometime in 2017.

1 Like

If the price could up to 20 dollar, we all will be happy!

1 Like