The Official ppcoin.org Website Redesign Planning Thread

I can contact him. I’m at work though, so I might be a couple hours before I do. Maybe he will help us out if it meant the price rising because of the more professional sounding name. I just wish we knew who owned Peercoin.org also, since it’s not being used for anything.

+1 for the domain name change. Peercoin.org/.com is miles away better then ppcoin.org/.com

Peercoin.com is owned by Ikea_Meatballs on this forum. See http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?topic=452

Using peercoin domain is alright with me. The name ppcoin and peercoin are now used interchangeably on the market. So having control of both domains would be good for us. Although I prefer not to change the client name.

I currently own ppcoin.org (and .com .net .info).

[quote=“Excelsior”]I think search engines will probably take care of it, but it is annoying that he has that coin-looking logo. We’ll just have to keep steering people in the right direction for now until search engines help us out. I do think if Peercoin really takes off that he’ll be forced to have something, anything on his homepage forwarding to the official Peercoin site if he wants to avoid having to answer tons of annoying emails.

Here’s my list of what is ideal to have, inorder of preference:

1. Peercoin.com (seems doubtful he’d give it to us)
  2. Peercoin.org (don’t know who owns it)
  3. Peercoin.info (I think peercoin.com guy owns this, might give it to us?)
  4. Peercoin.me (which I own and am willing to forward as needed)

Sentinelrv… are you contacting these guys or do you want me to?

And Sunny… what do you think about the name change for the PPC domain? Do you like the idea?[/quote]

Faucet app is down since momentovps outage a couple weeks ago. I will fix it later.

I finally emailed these guys asking about the domain names. I got busy at work and couldn’t do it last night. If I hear anything back I’ll let you all know.

Faucet app is down since momentovps outage a couple weeks ago. I will fix it later.[/quote]
You know that Momentovps is shutting down for good in 5 days right?

Great news! nox- owns Peercoin.net and I believe he would let us use it for the website. He told me in this thread…

http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?topic=565.0

That’s what I figured. Once the website is built, the wiki he’s building could just be linked from the home page.

So I got an email back from the guy who owns Peercoin.org. Here is his response…

[i]Hello,

I understand your position; however, a simple donation is out of
question. I’m part of a group of professional domain investors and
unfortunately we don’t do charity.

That said, I’m sympathetic to your cause and would be willing to work
out a solution to your problem. I agree that PPCoin or PeePeeCoin isn’t
a serious brand and will hamper your chances of broader recognition, and
the same is valid if you pick some weird domain extension such as .ME.

Therefore I give you the following options:

• Negotiate and buy the domain (Bitcoin accepted);
  • Securely lease the name through Epik.com with a purchase option;
  • Trade for a premium .com Cryptocurrency related name if you have one;
  • Exchange the domain for some programming work (I’d have to think
    exactly what);
  • Freely use the name for the lifetime of your project in exchange for
    some (Bitcoin related) advertising space in your website.

What do you say?[/i]

I asked him how much he would charge for it and here was his second response.

I don’t have a set price, this is open to discussion. However if you
want a parameter, I have sold quite a few Crypto-currency related names
in the $5-$25k range, including some names that are popular sites today.
I understand you’re doing this on a budget and for non-commercial
purpose, thus I’d be more inclined to charge on the lower end.

Personally, I think Peercoin.net is good enough and as long as nox is ok with it, we get it for free. Why waste a bunch of money like this?

I’m happy to hand over peercoin.net to the cause :slight_smile:

Sounds great. Thanks to nox and a nod to community think. Go peercoin!

Here…we…go!

Great work, guys!

I think it would be a lot easier to coordinate this type of effort (site redesign, renaming, etc) if there was a mailing list (so that I could see this in my inbox rather than go hunt for forum posts). Does anyone agree?

Hosting a mailing list would be easy - Google Groups is one choice. In fact, I just created one called “peercoin”:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!members/peercoin

It’s anyone-can-join right now but later we can convert it to private or restricted.

If you guys just wanna jump in and start coordinating stuff, I’ll be happy to offer my skills and hosting for the cause!

Mailchimp is a pretty good way to get mails out on a mailing list to folks. You could set up lists for each “department” if you like. So web dev’s, PR, Dev Team. It’s a good way to keep things only going to appropriate people. I can help with that if required?

Ok this is the template that I like, and want to use: http://wrapbootstrap.com/preview/WB061D706

New website is done: http://imgur.com/MJdd6fv
Can I takeover one of the Peercoin domains, perhaps Peercoin.net? Wiki needs to be moved to a subdomain if that is the case.

I would appreciate if someone could buy the extended license for the template, and send me the files. Website is done, but I need to purchase theme to get the font files, and before I can publicly post these files on Github. Or you can donate to these addresses, and I’ll do it:
PPC: PLgP7SWwoLN3eveFwpSfM5APc7ikYVdD6m
BTC: 1E7ybFbwW25cTUa5Wy7RCQmHyV3u4Cn94q

Still can make this site much better in the coming weeks, but I think this should be more than sufficient for now.

A couple points and questions:

1. Is the wood paneling permanent or can we switch to something more nature oriented if we wanted to?
  2. Peercoin.net is owned by nox- so you’d have to PM him to set things up.
  3. So the wiki would just be Peercoin.net/wiki or something like that?
  4. We’re going to have to go over that text and make sure it’s as easy for people to understand as possible. Also, I see some things in the current text that could be fixed.
  5. Nice job!

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:57, topic:406”]A couple points and questions:

1. Is the wood paneling permanent or can we switch to something more nature oriented if we wanted to?
  2. Peercoin.net is owned by nox- so you’d have to PM him to set things up.
  3. So the wiki would just be Peercoin.net/wiki or something like that?
  4. We’re going to have to go over that text and make sure it’s as easy for people to understand as possible. Also, I see some things in the current text that could be fixed.
  5. Nice job![/quote]
  1. Sure any replacement image is fine, as long as it looks good.
  2. Sending him and email right now.
  3. Yeah that or wiki.peercoin.net
  4. I just copy pasted it from the wiki. Ok just put how you wanted update in your reply post, and I’ll copy and paste it in now.

Someone else with more knowledge than me would have to write up the text.

An idea about the website though. Is it possible to have a section on the site that lists all the businesses that accept Peercoin so that people have a good resource to find what they’re looking for? We want to encourage people to accept Peercoin and I thought this might be a good way to do it. Either all the businesses could be listed on one page or we could perhaps make categories for them.

This thread got cut in half and the talk about the domain name was put in the private forum, so I needed to bump it back to the 1st page.

I do have a question though. Is Peercoin.net supposed to be up right now or no? I saw something about it in the chat box a couple days ago, but I’ve tried on my home laptop, my phone and my work computer and nothing comes up, not even the wiki anymore. I even deleted my cookies and browsing history, etc… Maybe it’s just being worked on.