The alt-coins war is raging, will Peercoin survive?

You’re right:

• it does not matter if we have sth better if no one knows and if no one understands it

More often nice presentation and comparisons between PPC and other coins should appear. Even talking about same things from time to time. This is how adds work. And they work.

I suggest to stop bumping will Peercoin survive? - even if discussion is rich :smiley: [ have to bump myself :wink: ]
I wouldn’t buy a CENT after seeing whole dedicated board(as one can deduce looking at recent posts list), pardon, pee itself.

[quote=“kac-, post:62, topic:2418”]I suggest to stop bumping will Peercoin survive? - even if discussion is rich :smiley: [ have to bump myself :wink: ]
I wouldn’t buy a CENT after seeing whole dedicated board(as one can deduce looking at recent posts), pardon, pee itself.[/quote]

Maybe we should change the title to “The alt-coins war is raging, Peercoin will survive!” :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:63, topic:2418”][quote=“kac-, post:62, topic:2418”]I suggest to stop bumping will Peercoin survive? - even if discussion is rich :smiley: [ have to bump myself :wink: ]
I wouldn’t buy a CENT after seeing whole dedicated board(as one can deduce looking at recent posts), pardon, pee itself.[/quote]

Maybe we should change the title to “The alt-coins war is raging, Peercoin will survive!” :P[/quote]
+100

After a while, +1, survive… maybe rise like a phoenix :-* ?

[quote=“kac-, post:62, topic:2418”]I suggest to stop bumping will Peercoin survive? - even if discussion is rich :smiley: [ have to bump myself :wink: ]
I wouldn’t buy a CENT after seeing whole dedicated board(as one can deduce looking at recent posts list), pardon, pee itself.[/quote]

Our confidence is stronger than fearing words. Plus, if you dodge the thread, people will just open their own thread to ask. There are three already.

What doesn’t kill Peercoins will make it stronger. If this thread grows to 30 pages and Peercoin still thrives, this thread should be highlighted to show all the doubters in the future – “See, we told you.”

Jubalix: “PeerCoin is the only coin dedicated to long term high value storage. There are no other contenders in this market

Maka: “The true strategy should be only long term. For peercoin, that should be ‘a coin as secure as possible’. The goal is to give individuals a choice to put their life savings there”.

I think these points are very important - most other coins emphasise fast transaction times, etc. But there is a whole world of (often older) people for whom the priority is saving and security. They are not likely to be crypto people, and so are presently under-represented in the coin development space

So long as Peercoin prioritises security, stability and saving, I believe it will find its place in the broader scheme of things

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:66, topic:2418”]Jubalix: “PeerCoin is the only coin dedicated to long term high value storage. There are no other contenders in this market

Maka: “The true strategy should be only long term. For peercoin, that should be ‘a coin as secure as possible’. The goal is to give individuals a choice to put their life savings there”.

I think these points are very important - most other coins emphasise fast transaction times, etc. But there is a whole world of (often older) people for whom the priority is saving and security. They are not likely to be crypto people, and so are presently under-represented in the coin development space

So long as Peercoin prioritises security, stability and saving, I believe it will find its place in the broader scheme of things[/quote]
This is interesting marketing talk, good to add to future press releases. So our demographic is 25+ years, not for kids, but for saving savvy adults and investors? :smiley: Great, our PR department can work with that :wink:

Edit: repaired quote bracket

I am reading in BTC talk that ppc has a centrilized pos system with
Nodes maintained by SK only!
Also i see some huge wallets! All these keep investors away.
We have to deal with these issues. Ordinary people believe what they hear and see >:D

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:66, topic:2418”]Jubalix: “PeerCoin is the only coin dedicated to long term high value storage. There are no other contenders in this market

So long as Peercoin prioritises security, stability and saving, I believe it will find its place in the broader scheme of things[/quote]

Actually none coin is about security, even PPC.
Compare this to a bank account. If you loose password to online bank account, you will go to the bank and get new one with your ID. In cryptos it’s not possible. Even worse - it’s easy to steal your wallet (comparing to bank account) and loos it (loos your mobile phone, bearn computer and so on).

I prepared ideas how to deal with it but actually none crypto is interested in that :slight_smile:

So please don’t talk about seciruty, esecially for older people. I woudln’t recommend cryptos in curent stage to anyone except computer geeks.

unless institutions (like banks) are offerring to hold your wallet and keep it “secure” from any danger out there :wink:

Even worse - it's easy to steal your wallet (comparing to bank account) and loos it (loos your mobile phone, bearn computer and so on).

It’s easy to steal a wallet? Are you leaving yours on a publicly accessible computer with no encryption (pass phrase)?

[quote=“BinaryBrain, post:69, topic:2418”]Actually none coin is about security, even PPC.
Compare this to a bank account. If you loose password to online bank account, you will go to the bank and get new one with your ID. In cryptos it’s not possible. Even worse - it’s easy to steal your wallet (comparing to bank account) and loos it (loos your mobile phone, bearn computer and so on).

I prepared ideas how to deal with it but actually none crypto is interested in that :slight_smile:

So please don’t talk about seciruty, esecially for older people. I woudln’t recommend cryptos in curent stage to anyone except computer geeks.[/quote]

I am referring to security in a different context, that of security and stability of the coin infrastructure and inflation - rather than the security of how someone holds their wallet

But I agree that wallet holding is complex for non-enthusiasts - that applies to all members of the public, not just the elderly. As Seki says, wallet holding may one day be conducted by institutions, thereby removing the risk associated with non-expert individuals

[quote=“seki, post:68, topic:2418”]I am reading in BTC talk that ppc has a centrilized pos system with
Nodes maintained by SK only!
Also i see some huge wallets! All these keep investors away.
We have to deal with these issues. Ordinary people believe what they hear and see >:D[/quote]

I used to share this view and actually I still think they got a point. In my opinion check-pointing is not a super good thing, but pretty prudent during the bootstrap phase. The thing with Bitcoin is that we have a similar issue there with huge mining pools, but for some reason some people don’t see any issue with that. The thing is, in Bitcoin there is nothing that will change the centralization - it will on the contrary only get worse (cloud hashing, etc) while Peercoin will only get more decentralized as more people start to mint.

I agree we have to deal with the issues. Removing check-pointing is a priority, therefor we should make it so that its not necessary. We do that by getting more people to mint, which partly is about turning on more people to Peercoin, partly making it easy for them to mint by supporting projects such as this one: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2842.msg25624#msg25624

Well they actually do - using fiat :slight_smile: and crypto not needed here much. But of course as a technology cryptos could serve banks, but I don’t think they will use any existing one. Banks are rich. They can afford their own “eletrconic coin”.

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:72, topic:2418”][quote=“BinaryBrain, post:69, topic:2418”]Actually none coin is about security, even PPC.

So please don’t talk about seciruty, esecially for older people. I woudln’t recommend cryptos in curent stage to anyone except computer geeks.[/quote]

I am referring to security in a different context, that of security and stability of the coin infrastructure and inflation - rather than the security of how someone holds their wallet

But I agree that wallet holding is complex for non-enthusiasts - that applies to all members of the public, not just the elderly. As Seki says, wallet holding may one day be conducted by institutions, thereby removing the risk associated with non-expert individuals[/quote]

Security and stability of the coin infrastructure and inflation is a nice thing, but if no one will like to use the coin in affraid of loosing money, why do we need the stability and infrastructure…? It will be just a beautiful complex peace of software and that’s it.

At first it must be idiot-proof and as simple as possible to make sense for me :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for buying my coins then, pleasure doing business with you! :slight_smile:

Anyway, good luck with my coins, I’ll check back here in a few months to share an e-beer and see how we did.[/quote]
Hey guys, sorry to get this old topic back up but I made a promise to check back here and I’m a man of my word :). My Christmas holiday started, making it a good time to reflect on the year. Pops open a beer. Obviously 2014 has been pretty crappy on everyone invested in crypto, except maybe for those in Ripple/Stellar which seem to have gathered massive momentum in the last month. Wonder if that will hold up. Any thoughts on what 2015 will bring to crypto in general, and Peercoin in specific?

2015 will be the crypto year as they say. i don’t know specifically for which coins
exactly but i think all the major ones are going to benefit