[Stratum][ESMPPS][PPLNS] TheSeven's PPCoin Pool - Official thread

[table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]

[center][size=12pt]Need help?[/size][size=5pt]

[/size]Join us on
freenode IRC![/center]
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td][size=20pt]TheSeven’s PPCoin Pool[/size]

I’m pleased to finally announce the official launch of my new PPCoin pool!
The web site is mostly finished now, just some more explanations still missing.

[size=16pt]Features:[/size]

[ul][li]Stratum[/li]
[li]No registration![/li]
[li]2% fee[/li]
[li]ESMPPS reward model (low variance)[/li]
[li]PPLNS reward model (if you like that better)[/li]
[li]Optional: payout after only 12 confirmations[/li]
[li]Dynamically adjusting difficulty[/li]
[li]All new pool server software[/li]
[li]JSONRPC API for statistics[/li][/ul]

[size=14pt]You can find the pool at:
http://theseven.bounceme.net/~theseven/pool/[/size]

[/td][/tr][/table]

I will help you test this out but i will only be able to help you out at night (Canadian Mountain time)

PDHsWfu5pcUxSYvdVCxrijPF2uShQM2sNL

Hello,

I am getting this message:

Pool 0 is hiding block contents from us

Thanks

edit: seems to be working now

[quote=“MrVegas, post:3, topic:71”]Hello,

I am getting this message:

Pool 0 is hiding block contents from us

Thanks

edit: seems to be working now[/quote]

That’s just bfgminer nagging you that the pool isn’t fully transparent because it isn’t spamming you with shitloads of transaction data that the miner just doesn’t need at all. Typical Luke-Jr paranoia.

Good work on these pools, I saw that you also contributed to the d7 that I use. Any improvements here other than the new payout plan? I am waiting on a new PSU and when it arrives I can throw a rig on there for 24/7 if you need one.

That would be great!

The main difference to e.g. D7 here is not just the new reward system, the pool infrastructure has been rebuilt from scratch, using completely different technologies. Not sure whether it will be better in the end, but it’s an experiment :slight_smile:
For the techies: This server side of this pool is implemented completely in Node.JS, and using MongoDB as a backing store.

Hey there TheSeven, thanks for making a stratum pool for PPCoin, it’s much needed :slight_smile:

One question: I’ve been mining for a few hours now (I chose PPLNS) and while I see my hash rate on my stats page, all balances remain at 0. Is that expected? I know that with PPLNS payouts are after 520 blocks but balance and share count are usually up-to-date.

http://theseven.bounceme.net/~theseven/pool/?PNywpYi6qMMQLTmE9f4bbM7diatb5Wvt8a

[quote=“vindimy, post:7, topic:71”]Hey there TheSeven, thanks for making a stratum pool for PPCoin, it’s much needed :slight_smile:

One question: I’ve been mining for a few hours now (I chose PPLNS) and while I see my hash rate on my stats page, all balances remain at 0. Is that expected? I know that with PPLNS payouts are after 520 blocks but balance and share count are usually up-to-date.

http://theseven.bounceme.net/~theseven/pool/?PNywpYi6qMMQLTmE9f4bbM7diatb5Wvt8a[/quote]

In a PPLNS reward system, the last N shares at the time that a block was found are paid when that block confirms.
In this pool software, the balance shows money that you have actually earned, and will be paid out once you reach the limit (currently 10 PPC).
This means, that until someone finds a block for the PPLNS reward system, and that block confirms, you won’t have a balance. You should see your shares in the reward model area below the hashrate graph, however the system has not found a block yet, and thus doesn’t know how much a block is worth, so it currently assumes zero. That makes the PPLNS shares invisible on the web site right now, but it’s purely a display bug that will fix itself after the first block is found.

To the poclbm user who’se ppcoin address ends with “fdWY”: You’ve been (unsuccessfully) sending HTTP Getwork requests to my pool server for days now. This is a stratum pool. Please use a stratum-capable mining client, or set up a stratum proxy.

great initiative
any chance of a how to guide, to get up and running

Forum was down for couple of days and I see the pools is down as well. is it coming up anytime soon?

I’m not aware of any significant downtime, but the IP that it’s hosted on currently isn’t static. Maybe your DNS cache ignores the time to live value of the DNS entry?
Can you give me some more specific information on when exactly the pool seemed to be down from your perspective?

I’m not aware of any significant downtime, but the IP that it’s hosted on currently isn’t static. Maybe your DNS cache ignores the time to live value of the DNS entry?
Can you give me some more specific information on when exactly the pool seemed to be down from your perspective?[/quote]

I did not point the miner, just went to the site and I can’t get there…

Still doesn’t work? It works fine from here…

Now works…

I did some works to improve the hashrate graph and fix some quirks today. Sorry for two brief downtimes, I hope it will be rock solid now, except for the daily IP address change :confused:

I plan to get some proper hosting for this in the long run, but only if the pool really takes off. Right now the hashrate is still a bit too low. The pool still hasn’t found a block so far, but it was damn close! Best share so far (found today) was difficulty 281632.9!

Tell me please, can I install the STRATUM on pool that uses a template mmcFE and pushpool?

Hey guys,

Does being located at the backend of the Internet (NZ) make my participation in a pool difficult? Does a pool rate peers based on Latency like online gaming server/platforms do?

Thanks, BDMNZ.

Sorry, I don’t really understand what you’re asking about. As far as I know pushpool doesn’t support stratum.

[quote=“BDMNZ, post:18, topic:71”]Hey guys,

Does being located at the backend of the Internet (NZ) make my participation in a pool difficult? Does a pool rate peers based on Latency like online gaming server/platforms do?

Thanks, BDMNZ.[/quote]

Kind of. The pool doesn’t really “rate” anything, but if you have a higher latency, you’ll accept new work later and thus work on stale work longer, producing more stale shares.
For blockchains with a 10 minute block interval (such as ppcoin and bitcoin) the effect of that should be pretty much negligible though. You would lose about 0.1% of rewards per 600 milliseconds of latency.