Stopping specific thread from showing up in 'show new replies to your posts'

Hope anyone can help me with this. As a certain person keeps on bumping this thread http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2070.msg16334#msg16334 without adding any information and I posted in it, it keeps showing up in ‘show new replies to your post’. Just unnotifying only helps for the email notifications but not for your new replies section.

I use the ’ show new replies to your post’ to keep track of threads which I might like to answer. There is just the one I so not want to post and do not want to see ever again.

Please help me out.

Thanks.

Delete your post, or reply from the thread?

Anything you said on it, obviously isn’t having any impact. :frowning:

[quote=“ppcman, post:2, topic:1747”]Delete your post, or reply from the thread?

Anything you said on it, obviously isn’t having any impact. :([/quote]
Good one, deleting the two posts I made might be worth a try. Not sure what you mean with "reply from thread’ Can you please explain that to me as I’m not a fan of deleting posts, but if I have to…

To me, bumping to get some cash is basically the same as spamming, so If I were admin I’d just close the thread…

I just removed all my posts from the thread, which is very unusual for me to do.
It is very annoying behaviour and yes I agree, it is in the same category as spam

you can ignore users on here as well. This should stop the thread showing up and any posts that the user makes showing up for you.

you can ignore users under Profile>AccountSettings then Modify Profile>Buddies/Ignore list

add the user to your ignore list and the annoyance should go away.

I am reluctant to delete the thread as this is harsh moderation, and I have said I will allow 1 bump per day as specified elsewhere on the forum… but I agree the bumping of the thread is annoying as only one done on the forum and is only thread with posts of meaninless info… the thread just looks VERY spammy so I would hope new readers would be concerned about the thread with all those spammy “bumps”.

I guess as a decentralized currency community we should have a vote on whether I should mod the thread… could lock it i guess… but nothing stopping any user starting new threads… and I don’t want to get into a admin war on the forum here over upset users. you can downvote the users karma as well thus giving the user less credibility and the thread looks worse then and eventually the user will go away as thread may be bumped but reputation is very important in crypto currency world

Fuzzybear

I think you’ve made a great job administering the forum until now, so no need for any voting :smiley:

I’m not sure how you say it in english, but I’m so temperamental (do you say hot blooded too?), so It’s good having a more cold blooded person giving peace to the site. No one likes harsh dictatorial admins as long as no one is breaking the rules.

I’d probably be like a little Stalin… Cut the bumpers head and send it to his family!! :-X Which would not be good for the community!

[quote=“mrbickle, post:7, topic:1747”]I think you’ve made a great job administering the forum until now, so no need for any voting :smiley:

I’m not sure how you say it in english, but I’m so temperamental (do you say hot blooded too?), so It’s good having a more cold blooded person giving peace to the site. No one likes harsh dictatorial admins as long as no one is breaking the rules.

I’d probably be like a little Stalin… Cut the bumpers head and send it to his family!! :-X Which would not be good for the community![/quote]
yes i know the expression “hot blooded or hot headed” we say over on our little island :slight_smile: and thanks I try to not be too dictatorial on the forum… my view everyone is allowed to express themselves so long as not hurting others… do like the sound of your Stalin forums though, will be the most uniformed political opinion of a crypto currency community :smiley: agree with my opinion or die!!

I should try see if I can get the ignore button under the users name by each post so people can see it nice and clear… is one good feature of bitcointalk

Fuzzybear

Agree with mrbickle that you doing a great job in moderating. This thread is by no way critic to that.

So thanks for pointing me to the ignore button. Didn’t know we had that. Now I know about it, I’m not sure if it needs to show in every post. Maybe just at the level where you get if you click at the user (to see latest posts etc.)

When a post requires an almost daily bump for that long, it better be very good and useful information for the majority of the community. When that’s the case it probably should be made sticky. Almost needless to say that mentioned thread has not any usefulness beyond a few days and maybe the odd user. Ok, will stop wasting my precious time on this and put my cool head on 8)

Don’t delete legit posts let alone threads. That would mess up the integrity of the forum. Thanks fuzzybear for your good governance.

I read the forums from the “Show unread posts since last visit” link. I would like to be able to have some of the threads not shown for me. Or at least, only shown once a day.