Startup guides

I looked at the litecoin forum today and noticed their startup guides are better than any other forums.

I’d like to see something similar here. To start I wrote this post; http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2461.msg20450#new
Could a few people give it a read through and comment with anything that needs changing please?

If people agree this is a good guide for people with <1000 coins I may make a video tutorial showing these steps.

I’d like to write more but my tech knowledge isn’t enough for most of it. Would be great to see more startup guides written. I think advertising peercoin is tricky and a better strategy is to make sure the information they want is easy to find when they come looking for it.

I highly recommend the video tutorial, especially if you have Peercoin as the example.

What you have described does work in theory.

Showing how you can backup, then restore your wallet, is very important.

I think it’s great to have video tutorial of this. You might also want to post the instruction on the Peercoin wiki. I agree that we need more of this, and I’m glad to see you took the time to write it down.

BTW Instead of Keepass I’m using Lastpass. It stores your password file in the cloud, so you need to trust them. Advantage is that your passwords are available to you everywhere. I think this is also ok to keep <1000PPC safe enough. Agree with you that around that mark, you should look into cold storage for increased security anyway.

[quote=“hanzie, post:1, topic:1768”]I looked at the litecoin forum today and noticed their startup guides are better than any other forums.

I’d like to see something similar here. To start I wrote this post; http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2461.msg20450#new
Could a few people give it a read through and comment with anything that needs changing please?

If people agree this is a good guide for people with <1000 coins I may make a video tutorial showing these steps.

I’d like to write more but my tech knowledge isn’t enough for most of it. Would be great to see more startup guides written. I think advertising peercoin is tricky and a better strategy is to make sure the information they want is easy to find when they come looking for it.[/quote]

Thank you for pointing that out. I went over and gave the litecoin forum’s guide a look over, and see a couple ways I could improve on the stuff I’m writing, which I have the peercoin community in mind for. Namely screenshots. And there were a couple talking points I’d like to write about in there.

Kinda inspired a little.

[quote=“merockstar, post:4, topic:1768”]Thank you for pointing that out. I went over and gave the litecoin forum’s guide a look over, and see a couple ways I could improve on the stuff I’m writing, which I have the peercoin community in mind for. Namely screenshots. And there were a couple talking points I’d like to write about in there.

Kinda inspired a little.[/quote]

Good to hear. I think Peercoin’s weakness is in it’s difficulty to understand. I see our target market as people who understand the basics of bitcoin well and are looking for the alternatives as long term investments. Luckily this should mean our target market is quite intelligent (unlike dogecoin’s target market), so if we can inform people in a concise, interesting way, we should do well.

[quote=“Ken”]I’ll tell you in one sentence what won me over to invest 100% in Peercoin and none other (and I know for a fact this is also the reasoning with a few other people)…

It’s the combination of a few things at once. Here it is an a crude way:

I saw an unrecognized genius developer quietly offers a coin that vastly improves over Bitcoin in ways that actually convince me Bitcoin can’t last long term and I see I can also get this coin at a ridiculously low price compared to it’s impressive long term potential and therein get in early enough to be like the early adopters of Bitcoin and very possibly become very, very wealthy in a relatively short time and therein solve half my personal problems in life.

Conclusion: If you want to get many people out there (who think like me) excited about PPC, appeal to their base desires with reasons that will win them over: 1) early adopt opportunity 2) quiet genius creates brilliant product the masses don’t appreciate 3) good reasons it will succeed long term.

In any speech I think it would be smart to at least drop in a few sentences that throw out this line of thinking. Don’t underestimate how many people are attracted to cryptos for wealth accumulation. You don’t have to be crude about it, but to not at least mention some key words (for example: “early adopter”, “quiet genius”, “designed to survive the very thing that may destroy bitcoin”) would be a missed opportunity.

I know Sentinelrv knows what I’m talking about here. There’s lots of us out there that will get excited by the real idea of wealth accumulation. To speak somewhat in such an avenue without being crude, false, hyperbolic, sleazy or dwelling on it too much might not be a bad thing.

It’s more a factor in PPC’s present price than you might realize.

Food for thought.[/quote]

Agree with speaking to people’s desire to accumulate wealth and that there’s nothing wrong with that. Also agree that buzz words are effective, though these will be used by every crypto. Where Peercoin is strong is in it’s fundamentals. So our job is to inform people as efficiently as possible while we have their attention.