Smart contracts for peercoin?

Curious if anyone has looked at executing smart contracts using peercoin as the underlying blockchain? Any work started so far? Would it be better to run the contracts using peercoin or on top of peerassets?

Also, anyone looked at running rootstock on top of peercoin? Or any other smart contract projects worth looking at to port to peercoin?

Peercoin does have smart contracts, it has inherited that from Bitcoin. Difference between Bitcoin script and EVM used in Ethereum is that Bitcoin script is not turing-complete. And that is a good thing.

That being said…

PeerScript Labs[quote=“linalouise, post:1, topic:5846”]
Would it be better to run the contracts using peercoin or on top of peerassets?
[/quote]

Just last night I’ve presented the team with general outline on how to do Ethereum-style “smart contracts” on PeerAssets.
Too early to say when will we pursue the idea or start exploring it in code.

None that I know of, besides sidechains look silly. We probably wont spend time on that technology.
We welcome anyone else to do so though.

1 Like

Ok, this is a good start. Will take a look.[quote=“peerchemist, post:2, topic:5846”]
Just last night I’ve presented the team with general outline on how to do Ethereum-style “smart contracts” on PeerAssets.
Too early to say when will we pursue the idea or start exploring it in code.
[/quote]

Possible to share or post this to get an idea of what it would look like executing and any possible benefits?

To be honest I don’t fully understand rootstock use of sidechains or what it means or why it’s required. However, there is a market benefit if it truly allows smart contract users of ethereum and bitcoin to switch to peercoin backend with very little friction. This can be a good thing.

Read this: P2SH Bitcoin Script puzzle explained. | by Hans Robeers | Medium