Roll your own DAC?

This is a very important thing to be working on, so thanks to Fuzzy for getting a head start on it. This will allow people to launch their own Peershares DACs with ease, without needing to rely on the original developers. It will also allow Peershares to get out there and be used by regular people in the crypto community before somebody else has the chance to introduce something similar to Peershares and outcompete us. Before something like this is released however, I believe we should write up some kind of user guide that explains each adjustable setting.

In addition, we should also write something up that explains best practices for successfully launching a Peershares DAC, for example looking for business partners to sell shares to (people that have something to offer your venture, some kind of special skills) rather than just selling shares to anyone who will buy them. Another example is finding people that will mint with their shares to ensure the network continues to function and they’re able to receive Peercoin dividends. A guide detailing all these things written up by the community will be very important in ensuring that beginners have the necessary information to know what they’re doing.

How much funding are you looking to raise for this? A specific goal amount will make it easier to get donations if we know what we’re shooting for.

Since Nu is going to be open sourced soon, will we be able to include motion voting functionality? I believe a voting mechanism is vitally important to have in any Peershares DAC, since it allows shareholders to participate in the success of each venture.

Also Fuzzy, have you messaged Ben about this? He said earlier in the thread that he has 2,000 PPC to donate to the creation of this tool. Are you going to message him and let him know about it?

i will contribute some coins to this, this weekend.

https://twitter.com/marak/status/543399798443761664

I'm seriously considering using Peershares to issues shares in a new company. Does anyone have any experience using this?

There is interest in Peershares.

EDIT 1: Marak is behind Nodejitsu (Nodejitsu - Wikipedia) so…
EDIT 2: maybe we should reach out to him?