Relationship of Peershares and Peercoin development

I am seeing quite a bit of angst being expressed about the slow pace of Peercoin development. While this is understandable, I have not seen anyone articulate what the relationship between Peershares and Peercoin development is. Allow me to do so.

The Peershares team now consists of 4 active paid developers working on a Peercoin fork. So long as our planned implementation of Peershares is successful, we can anticipate the resources devoted to this Peercoin fork will increase over time. We will be funding the development of many of the features desired for Peercoin on this Peercoin fork. This means that in many cases it will be trivial to move these enhancements back into Peercoin from Peershares.

Also important is the fact that our Peershares implementation will have a direct dependency on Peercoin because we will use it to distribute dividends. This means that shareholders will have a direct and powerful interest in the development of Peercoin, as it is really part of our Peershares implementation. It is even consistent with shareholder interests to spend funds directly on Peercoin development.

So, the Peershares development team is the Peercoin development team, just one step removed. Naturally we are focusing on Peershares development right now, but I think you will see us make notable contributions to Peercoin development as we move forward.

Hey Jordan, I know you said Sunny is contributing to Peershares as as an advisor. Is he also well aware that its possible Peercoin development might be funded through your shareholders?

Thanks Jordan. Great news. Is the fork limited to the wallet or extended to the coin itself?

Our limited correspondence has been technical in nature so I am not in a position to say what he is aware of.

'Very good news. Thanks for clarification

Happy to see peershare getting funded. I agree there should be high degree of cooperations between peercoin and peershare development.

Issuing shares is the next step of cryptocurrency economy. It’s very, very significant to cryptocurrency, I think not many people realize this yet, we don’t need everything financial, a well-built share system would enable an economy, no need for any fancy debt instruments. So I applaud Jordan’s decision to limit the scope of peershare project.

Well this is significant, and smart!!!

I am still seeing quite a bit of concern about the slow pace of Peercoin development, so I thought I would bump this thread and provide a bit of clarification to my original post.

The implementation of Peershares our team is working on includes a mechanism that will provide perpetual funding for development. Because Peercoin is a critical part of our system, some of these perpetual development resources will be devoted to Peercoin development.

When? Not now. We must prioritize the development of our Peershares implementation which will provide a source of perpetual funding for both Peercoin and our Peershares implementation. When the implementation is established enough that Peercoin is the less developed network, we will focus resources on Peercoin development.

[quote=“Jordan Lee, post:8, topic:1964”]I am still seeing quite a bit of concern about the slow pace of Peercoin development, so I thought I would bump this thread and provide a bit of clarification to my original post.

The implementation of Peershares our team is working on includes a mechanism that will provide perpetual funding for development. Because Peercoin is a critical part of our system, some of these perpetual development resources will be devoted to Peercoin development.

When? Not now. We must prioritize the development of our Peershares implementation which will provide a source of perpetual funding for both Peercoin and our Peershares implementation. When the implementation is established enough that Peercoin is the less developed network, we will focus resources on Peercoin development.[/quote]

While that’s great Jordan, at this point we really just need 0.4. It’s simply been too long since the last update.

For what it’s worth I think Peershares is more important than new version of Peercoin. Why? Peercoins has no BitPay and no overstock. But it soon has Peershares which will enable anyone to crowdfund their own project/business. People that do this will pay dividend in PPC and hence feature it has a payment option on their site. If I’d had to chose I’d chose no PoS at all, no overstock but instead a major liberation for small and medium business owners. I really like the idea of decentralized systems and don’t want to see an explosion in price of PPC. It would be nice to see people actually getting help of the technology and not “only” rise in price. Crowdfunding is where I think the future of the peoples stock market is (as an example check out bankofthefuture) and think Peershares is the best alternative for this that I’ve heard of.

I agree. Peershares is much more exciting than 0.4. However to give us a needed morale boost and prove that Sunny is not dead with some troll stringing us along for weeks on end, we needs 0.4. (mostly joking :P)

Thanks for your effort on spreading information!