Reddit Subreddit administration and replies?

I have noticed a major lacking of responses to subreddit posts. I have also noticed a loss of initiative. Guess what guys, I would say it safe to guess that 1/4 of the marketing for Bitcoin to make it so big so fast was Reddit.

So here is what I propose:

1. We need better moderators, I’d be happy to help; I’m new to moderating, but I work from home and I’ve been redditing for almost 4 years.

2. We need to better educate the masses, because it is obvious they are highly confused by PoS. Hell, I’m highly confused by PoS. So we need posts that break this down into laymens terms. If we can’t do that, then our product will not sell, period. The big difference between us and a “bank” is that a bank in itself has built up cred over decades if not centuries; we need to get the word out in less than a year because if we do not, I can assure you there will be something bigger, stronger, faster, and more efficient; Moore’s law.

3. We need Sunny King to step up the game and start posting as himself to certain places like Reddit, Facebook, and so forth. This brings forward a feeling of caring in the Peercoin community; something that Bitcoin simply does not have. While they have ingenuity, what we should strive for then is personalized service.

For reference: I have been an Operations, Project, and IT Manager for a few companies and understand what is required to make this a success. I am not a coder, I am not a genius; but I know what sells, and I know how people think.

I have personally been mining on the D7 pool for a week with a few ASICs and am convinced in the stability of the Peercoin after research into it. However, the majority of people do not have the luxury of time as I do, they also do not have the know-how. We need to get regular people excited so that they are trading it to. We need to make them realize that “Ok, you may have been late to the Bitcoin game, but here is round 2, let’s go!”

When I see the ratio of BTC/PPC at 5, is when I’ll be satisfied that Peercoin is here to stay, until then I am treating it like Feathercoin; whether or not it is a better or worse currency. BUT, like the foolish crazy guy I am, I am all in on Peercoin. Let’s do this.

I agree about the moderators on the Reddit page. The only one I know of that posts on this forum is Bagog and AnonymousEntity, but I don’t believe they post much anyway. I think we need more active people from here as moderators. Anybody want to volunteer? I have no idea who the administrator is though. We’d need to find that out if we were to promote more active people.

Sunny King has said before that he can’t access his Reddit account for some reason, but I don’t see that as a very good reason why he can’t post. He’s going to have to do an AMA at some point, so it’s best to get it sorted out now rather than later. If it comes down to it, he might just have to create a new account.

I really agree about educating people. There’s a lot I don’t even know. We really need to get moving on creating the wiki. That is where all the information will be located. We could then create videos and a FAQ section on the website. I have no idea what’s going on with the wiki though. I believe Super3 said we’re going to have to start another one from scratch, but I’d like to know when this is going to happen so we can get people on it.

The guys at Reddit are usually pretty good about getting account problems squared away, so that should not be problem for Sunny, should he/she send a note asking about the account and what’s going on with access to it.

I’m also online all the time, so if we need more people to keep an eye out on the /r/peercoin board, I’ll raise my hand. Granted, I feel like an interloper, considering that four days ago, I was a newbie on this site, but until someone tells me to stand down, or I reach my limit of things I can physically do, I’ll be here to assist :slight_smile:

Yep, I’d volunteer, hopefully the admins see this.

Sunny King having account problems being an excuse is just awful. I don’t think everyone here realizes how bad that looks. Here is what I would think as a tech outsider “So what you are saying is, you can create a secure virtual currency; but you are having troubles logging into an account that millions other have no issue with?”

Things like this shouldn’t even be publicized and just fixed instantly. Redditors DO watch these things, and their patience is about 15 seconds of bullshit.

I don’t think it’s that he can’t fix it, more along the lines that he likely forgot his account info and won’t bother with it until it’s important for him to deal with. He’s a busy guy. You could PM him though and explain how important you think it is for him to interact with the community on Reddit. Here is his profile…

http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=79

Now who is the administrator on the Reddit page?

Hello!

I’m the moderator AnonymousEntity in /r/Peercoin. I sure welcome more active contribution to the subreddit. Does it matter if the posters are moderators? I have nothing against adding more people though.

[quote=“jooize, post:7, topic:757”]Hello!

I’m the moderator AnonymousEntity in /r/Peercoin. I sure welcome more active contribution to the subreddit. Does it matter if the posters are moderators? I have nothing against adding more people though.[/quote]

I don’t think per-say they need to be moderators, but we need more interactions with people who have questions. I have been trying myself, but I am just not proficient enough to answer everything.

Essentially, Reddit is going to be as usual the best way to get the word out; so we have to capitalize on that.

[quote=“phroztbyt3, post:8, topic:757”]I don’t think per-say they need to be moderators, but we need more interactions with people who have questions. I have been trying myself, but I am just not proficient enough to answer everything.

Essentially, Reddit is going to be as usual the best way to get the word out; so we have to capitalize on that.[/quote]

While there’s not a lot of comments I don’t really find there to be a huge lack of responses in the subreddit, but more activity is good yes!

I feel that we’re quickly recouping the loss of subscribers when we moved from /r/ppcoin to /r/peercoin. In a few months I expect it to be thriving.

jooize, could you sticky this thread on the Reddit page so newbies to the page will immediately know how to setup a wallet and pos minting?

http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/1qu3s2/how_to_setup_a_peercoin_wallet_proofofstake/

Thanks for your work guys. There are more posts today. Let’s keep it up. Our press on this is only as good as the weakest chain.

Whoever knows Sunny best, please PM him to get on fixing his Reddit account so that he can make a statement on there. I just think that the best way he can act is to be active at least once a week on all social networks. And hopefully, a year from now he can do an AMA and everyone will know his name as they do Satoshi’s :smiley:

Something I just thought of, once our social media pages are linked from the main website, it will probably drive a lot more activity to them.

Agreed. I think this will be happening very shortly, and we’ll see a corresponding bump in numbers at that point.

As long as we have a lot of activity going to Peercoin.net that would be the case. It still seems a lot of people don’t realize the address has changed. Even the new tutorial video refers to ppcoin.org. We need to get Sunny to officially switch that address over. Maybe it will help with getting people to stop saying ppcoin.