Recent XPM vol

Its been interesting to see the quite massive volume recently for XPM…

any ideas as to why?

All old altcoins that have a reason to exist are having a technical correction aganst year-long down trend (priced in BTC).

The volume seems quite high since I last wrote.

I seems about 5th?

on coincap

Someone really likes XPM.

Perhaps it has a high number of HODLERS so it’s easy to jump the price up. Pure speculation

Yeah quite curious to what is going on Primecoin. Seems to be on the Chinese side. Maybe time to start pushing primecoin again?

[quote=“jubalix, post:1, topic:3557”]Its been interesting to see the quite massive volume recently for XPM…

any ideas as to why?[/quote]

Two words: Market manipulation

[quote=“sportscliche, post:6, topic:3557”][quote=“jubalix, post:1, topic:3557”]Its been interesting to see the quite massive volume recently for XPM…

any ideas as to why?[/quote]

Two words: Market manipulation[/quote]

$2m worth of market manipulation?? seems a bit risky if you ask me

Realize that it’s only the liquid market that’s in play, which if we believe CMC, amounts to just a few percent of the current $2.3M total market cap. The overwhelming majority of XPM is likely tucked away in cold storage. I have no proof of this, of course, but it’s a given that thinly traded markets such as XPM and NSR (among many others) are predisposed to large price volatility.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Realize that it’s only the liquid market that’s in play, which if we believe CMC, amounts to just a few percent of the current $2.3M total market cap. The overwhelming majority of XPM is likely tucked away in cold storage. I have no proof of this, of course, but it’s a given that thinly traded markets such as XPM and NSR (among many others) are predisposed to large price volatility.[/quote]

? but you can see the MILLIONS in vol over the past week… legit MILLIONS…

I suspect there is something wrong with the archived data at CMC. For example, the data for Sunday June 14 lists the XPM market cap at $1.8M and the 24-hour trading volume as $7.4M. That huge volume – more than 4x the entire market cap in a single day – is inconsistent with anything I’ve seen on the CMC front page. One can find other days in mid-June and early July where the daily volume also exceeds the total market cap. If these gigantic numbers are true, which I strongly doubt, it would only make sense if there was a trading bot moving the same limited amount of XPM back and forth at a very rapid rate.

There are only a few exchanges trading XPM. It takes one bot on one exchange to generate this volume by selling between two accounts. Almost free advertisement on CMC. Whales would do it to help pump.

Ultimately XPM and PPC are a great combo that is really hard to beat…

when you think it all through.

Hold both for the win…

XPM is the TPS side with nice supply difficulty dynamics, PPC the backbone.

Its going to take a few years for this to sink in for XPM, but it will.

Yes, but it’s neither impossible, nor improbable.

That volume… again… holy crap.