Question on opening BTC-e account

I went to BTC-e to set up a trading account to buy some peercoins. The start up page is this:
https://btc-e.com/reg

It appears to be asking for my email address, and then my login (presumably password) to my email

Am I reading that right? It seems very unusual that I should have to divulge my own email password

Or am I reading it wrongly?

To add to the above, my first port of call for seeking assistance was Support at BTC-e, but they require people to be registered members before responding, hence my asking the question here

It’s poorly worded, but I believe they are asking you for the following (this is what I provided):

E-mail: your email address
Repeat E-mail: same thing as above
Login: username you would like on BTC-e
Password: password for your new BTC-e account, NOT your email password
Repeat Password: same as above

Yes, that makes sense - I noticed several typos on that page, so I suspect that they are Russian-speakers, translating into English

However, in the interim, I have signed up to cryptsy.com

I’d avoid cryptsy like the plague. Really slow and cancelled transactions sometimes take a long while to be credited back. I’ll be back as soon as their service is in nominal shape.

The only one I haven’t had a problem with is Vault of Satoshi.

Yes, their volume is lower than the others, right now, but the more people who use them, the better it will be. I’ve had no problem getting funds into, or out of, their system, they have awesome security controls (PGP, two-factor auth), and I’ve got a clear view of the orderbook and can see transactions process.

The only other problem (currently) with VoS is that they don’t offer too many trading pairs, but I expect that this will change over time.

crypto-trade is better than cryptsy, imo

[quote=“Ben, post:6, topic:1127”]The only one I haven’t had a problem with is Vault of Satoshi.

Yes, their volume is lower than the others, right now, but the more people who use them, the better it will be. I’ve had no problem getting funds into, or out of, their system, they have awesome security controls (PGP, two-factor auth), and I’ve got a clear view of the orderbook and can see transactions process.

The only other problem (currently) with VoS is that they don’t offer too many trading pairs, but I expect that this will change over time.[/quote]

I’ve been reading posts now and again about VoS being quite reliable and they have mentioned themselves that CAD will be implemented soon along with bill payments.

What do they mean exactly by bill payments? Is it like adding an account number under “Pay Bills” section of your online banking?

Not sure but sounds to me that maybe they will soon allow you to pay your bills through them. That way you can pay your rent with crypto :slight_smile:

At the moment BTC-E seems to be down.

Or they are just taking a deep breath after this up and down day.

Cheers

I used btc-e for two trades now and everything went fine. For me it seems quite reliable, although some translations aren’t the best (as already pointed out) and sometimes there is no translation at all (when confirming a transaction from the e-wallet to your personal wallet for instance). Hardest thing is to avoid reading the “trollbox” at the right side, it’s far too entertaining! :smiley: