Proposed Marketing Plan - Dec 23 Update

Just a bit of more brainstorming. Maybe issuing some kind of mining bonds or shares on sites like Cryptostocks would greatly increase the acceptance and notoriety of Peercoin. Most people see Peercoin as purely a speculation vehicle, so stock market looks like a logical continuation. However these stocks maybe could be inspiring enough for someone to nominate some real world services in PPC. (In addition it would be useful for crowd funding some PPC projects.)

Hey Hey! Take a peek at this thread:

[quote=“r00tsical, post:19, topic:421”]hi, i’m new to here and new to peercoin but i though it might be worth putting in some thoughts, as maybe an outsider perspective might be useful… these have been my first thoughts on marketing/peercoin:

[ul][li]more should be made of making money just by holding it[/li]
[li]get rid of crypto sex toys advert on main forum - i think that it cheapens the whole peercoin brand to have any advertising, but especially advertising for Crypto Sex Toys[/li]
[li]change all references of ppcoin to peercoin, ie change website address[/li]
[li]make contact details more accessible… is there an official peercoin twitter - that should be on the main landing page…[/li]
[li]the logo and website landing page look very good[/li]
[li]education is the way forward… a lot of great projects flounder due to lack of good and clear documentation… digitalocean (server services), for example, has been successful as it rewards people for making tutorials and writing articles. these then come up in search requests and increase visibility[/li][/ul]

that’s it for now… all the best[/quote]

I agree about getting rid of the sex toy advertisements. It doesn’t belong on this forum. Maybe some other advertising though. You’d have to contact the forum admin FuzzyBear about this. All our social media pages should be added to the website soon. Super3 is working on it. Also, Sunny King still needs to change ppcoin.org to peercoin.net. Maybe send him a reminder?

On a similar note, I suspect the Peercoin/Primecoin pairing is also often confusing to newcomers - when landing on this site it is often hard to determine whether discussions etc are talking about one or both. It was intended that these coins would be mutually beneficial, so I guess a lot of joint marketing would be good.

ps The primecoin logo is excellent and should appear on this website. A joint FAQ would be good.

We haven’t been able to come up with a finished design yet for a high quality Primecoin logo. I had the person who designed the Peercoin logo try a couple versions of this. #1 was determined to be too plain. #2 is a very rough black and gold version I tried to make in MS Paint as a test. #3 is another version our designer made. There wasn’t much interest or feedback given, so I gave up trying until later.

#1.
[b]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Sentinelrv/Other-Images/PrimecoinLogo1.png~original[/b]

#2.
[b]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Sentinelrv/Other-Images/PrimecoinRoughBlackGold.png~original[/b]

#3.
[b]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Sentinelrv/Other-Images/prime_3.png~original[/b]

I can join as mobile apps development. :smiley: I shall see how is the proposal for the apps.

1 and perhaps 3 are good in my book.

I like logo 3 with the silver in it.

Unfortunately it’s not as simple as that. We need consensus from the community on which design/colors to go with. There just wasn’t enough participation from the Primecoin community to get anything done, as most of them are still on BitcoinTalk for some reason. We also can’t forget that Sunny’s opinion matters too. He wanted some kind of mathematical theme for the logo, but I don’t know how to go about that besides including the main symbol psi. If any of you want to help out with this, I had the official Primecoin logo design thread moved back to General Discussion here…

http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=567.0

Help get the Primecoin community more active here and maybe we figure this out.

Can we please also focus on updating the Peercoin Wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPCoin as a priority (why is it is still filed as PPCoin?). I believe there are many details that we can add to that page, as well as harmonization of terminology. Once that is done, I could help with localization to Chinese and German. Both are increasingly important markets for cryptocurrencies.

Just wanted to throw another idea around. We as a community did a great job changing the name from PPCoin or whatever to Peercoin. I think we should also make some effort to separate ourselves from the name “ALT Coin.” We have Bitcoin and Altcoins, I think we should aim for Bitcoin, Peercoin and Altcoins. The word “Alt” gives out a vibe of a banch warmer, when in fact we are leading in innovation.

And on another note I finally found out who Sunny King is…

PS. We should also get that fancy “P” currency sign that BTC has on bitcointalk.

This was the best option I could find.

[size=14pt]ℙ[/size]

[quote=“ahbartsch, post:32, topic:421”]This was the best option I could find.

[size=14pt]ℙ[/size][/quote]
I think we need a bold double P (like the one from the wallet icon).

**** Update Dec 23 ****

Please bring your attention to this thread:

If you aren’t able to post and want to contribute, please drop me a PM.
[b]

[/b]