Progress Update

As an organization, Indicium has influenced the advancement of several projects, and is beginning to come together in a cohesive organizational structure. Here are some of the pieces of our puzzle that we have developed since we started:

Market Monitoring Bots
In order to model and analyze the market, we have been collecting a database of trade data of all crypto markets of interest. Balancing resolution with database size is the key point for future development here.

Cointoolkit
Indicium reserves are accessed on-chain via a transaction forging software designed to support multisig addresses. The multisig has begun labeling every transaction by a code corresponding to the project it relates to.

Cryptotik and Gejigeji
In order to facilitate on-exchange trading, Gejigeji was built using cryptotik to interface directly with exchanges, making it a versatile trading software.

Accounting Web App
In the spirit of transparency, users will be able to login to an application that provides Indicium’s current liquidity and funding.

Oracle
A lot of effort has been put into development and simulation of the underlying algorithm that will navigate the monetary flows within Indicium.

Processor
Tying everything together will be a central software that unites all the different components into a machine that can make and execute decisions to actualize the minimal variance index on real markets.

PeerAssets Wallet
A PeerAssets supporting Peercoin wallet is being developed in conjunction with another organization as a white label wallet capable of supporting any generic PeerAssets application on the Peercoin blockchain. Indicium will need to do its own branding, but the underlying mechanisms will be advanced as a collaboration.

Incorporation
Indicium plans to incorporate as a legal entity before moving forward with Series B. We feel this will be the best way to reach as many users as possible going forward in the ever-changing legal landscape of cryptocurrency.

Follow Our Updates
You can keep up to date by checking out our teaser website indiciumfund.com or following us on twitter @indiciumfund.

8 Likes

Thanks for the update, it’s great to see this progressing. I have read the paper “Purpose and Function of Indicium”, and want to get my head around this.

Basically, what I would like to do, at a future point, is to buy a spread of coins. Let us say $5,000 split between ten coins - $500 each. I’d want a few staples (bitcoin & litecoin), peercoin (naturally), a few POS competitors (just in case), a high performer (ethereum) and something a bit random (dogecoin), etc.

My problem: I would have to download a lot of wallets, and keep them (i) synced and (ii) up-to-date with new releases, as well as spending time on exchanges.

I would want Indicium to do, therefore, is to allow me to make a single payment (probably in bitcoin) and for Indicium to split that payment between all the various coins, until such point that I want to sell, and then I get a single payment back.

I have some questions: Would my cryptocoins be itemised/separate/fenced from all the other participants - or would my coins be pooled with everyone else’s?

Is the fund intended to maintain the price stability of the portfolio in terms of fiat/dollars … or is the fund intended to maintain its own (internal) balance in a basket of crypto coins? Or both?

Thank you!
As a early investor, I’m very happy to hear that.
I would like to say that even if I didn’t post anything in Indicium channel since last April, I’m still excited about the potential of this project.
Keep up the good work!

Retweet…

1 Like

Also posted to r/cryptocurrency…

1 Like

The funds will be placed in a pool with everyone else. We will be following a minimal variance algorithm designed to reduce volatility while still following the general trends of the collective cryptocurrency marketplace.

1 Like

The MVP will have all the fund pooled for efficiency’s sake. This could change if regulation requires or many customers express the need. What would be the reason for you to have your coins separated?