Private PrimeCoin Pool [HowTO]

Total is around 10-12 i think, rdes miner doesnt show chains/day so its hard to say…

Thanks fair enough. I think i am doing around 10 chains/day. That was some good luck. I only found 3 but I only mined for a few days. Will give back solo a try.

Not all 9 chains found results in a block found while solo mining it seems . btctarget is set at 9 using jhPrimeminer

Actually you can by now. Recently I added support for the GetBlockTemplate/SubmitBlock protocol to Mumus miner. Unlike GetWork this protocol works fine with standard Primecoin-Qt.

Since Rdebourbon added the code too I would recommend using his miner. Just download the most recent version from here.

I assume you already know how to setup the config for solo mining, but I’ll explain it anyway in case someone else wants to try it:

Navigate to the Primecoin data directory (the one where the wallet.dat is located)
On Windows you can find this directory at C:\Users<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Primecoin

In this directory create a file primecoin.conf with the following contents:

rpcuser=rpcuser rpcpassword=rpcpassword rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 rpcport=8332 server=1

After that start the wallet client and wait for it to finish synchronizing.
Then start your miner using the following command:

jhPrimeminer.exe -o 127.0.0.1:8332 -u rpcuser -p rpcpassword -xpm <your_wallet_address>

The wallet address for the -xpm parameter can be any valid address. It doesn’t need to be from the same wallet and it doesn’t even need to be your own. But only the wallet that knows this address will see the mined blocks.

In case you want to have multiple machines connect to a single wallet you can set the rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 parameter in the config to just rpcallowip=* which means that external computers are allowed to connect.[/quote]

No version of jhprimeminer I can find supports this; all say -xpm in invalid. Can somebody point me to a link a version for windows that supports this?

There are not exist any open-source miner that can be used for Private Pool ?
I only see windows binary :confused:

Only I need to have one primecoind on one server and add one binary to my other servers that can mine on one primecoind.

I have many servers witch very low disk space … so it’s only one solution…
I can’t use beeeeer or rpool becouse servers don’t have access to internet (for security reason).

Another approach would be to open a tunnel to beeer.org from a machine that both has an internet access and is accessible by the cluster.

In this directory create a file [i]primecoin.conf[/i] with the following contents: [code]rpcuser=rpcuser rpcpassword=rpcpassword rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 rpcport=8332 server=1[/code]

jhPrimeminer.exe -o 127.0.0.1:8332 -u rpcuser -p rpcpassword -xpm <your_wallet_address>

The wallet address for the -xpm parameter can be any valid address. It doesn’t need to be from the same wallet and it doesn’t even need to be your own. But only the wallet that knows this address will see the mined blocks.

In case you want to have multiple machines connect to a single wallet you can set the rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 parameter in the config to just rpcallowip=* which means that external computers are allowed to connect.

I’m looking to put my many machines (Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!) working together on the same block and going against the same wallet. This seems like the ticket. Do you agree or would I need some sort of pool server software. I’m very new to all this alt coin stuff, but really like and believe in what Primecoin can become. I Think in the end it will be BTC and XPM reloaded (when they figure out we can be using the processing power to solve for cancer or something)…thanks for any help you can provide. Glad I found this community.

I have about 40 PCs (mix of i3, i5, i7) Anyone know of a way to
get them all working to do the following:
Connecting to the external web as infrequently as possible (proxy gateway?),
Setting up the mining software to use all of the available ram available on each particular system,
Sending statistics to a central system so I can observe progress and malfunctions.
Do I need to set up my own pool?
How do I keep from duplicating the work of other miners and getting rejects and/ or stales?
Is there a central clearinghouse for current blockchain changes (I do not want to lose my
earned coin if someone figures out how to break the system)
Hope that makes sense and that I can contribute to the primecoin network in short order.
Thanks in advance,
Coinhungry

CoinHungry,

See the first page and attempt to get something working then ask specific questions. Guys if you wanted a linux miner that does not rely on wine. Found 2 blocks so far using it to connect to the Hp11 primecoin client https://github.com/jrovins/jhprimeminer

Yes I have tried – without success – am looking for a windows-based pooling software with a proxy and / or gateway, but am willing to invest the time in setting one up from scratch if necessary…
Thanks again,
Coinhungry

I have a question about this setup. I believe I have it setup correctly and have multiple computers talking to the primary server. My issue is when the server miner ticks to the next segment, all the miners tick over and most of them report Zeros on all the stats, only a select few will report PPS, Shares etc, even though they are all connected and rolling to the next block as the same time.

So my Question is, do all the miners connecting to the server work as one miner collectively or do they work independently of one another and why are some of them reporting nothing?

All miners but Bfgminer hangs at startup, not sure if Bfgminer is worth mining on other nodes - or is better to run with gen=1 an all pc:s :o

Tried jhprimeminer to getwork via rpc from primecoind - it segfaults since it expects to get serverData which is not present in result json reply from wallet.

Is there any up-to-date miner that works with wallet primecoind via getwork or getblocktemplate?

[quote=“optimusprime, post:50, topic:469”]CoinHungry,

See the first page and attempt to get something working then ask specific questions. Guys if you wanted a linux miner that does not rely on wine. Found 2 blocks so far using it to connect to the Hp11 primecoin client https://github.com/jrovins/jhprimeminer[/quote]

I got this working, it seems to be very effective, are the default options good - can miner find a block with -target 9 -se 7?
It didn take long before my 3 pcs found 3 9ch with this jhprimeminer.

Bfgminer uses gpu too, but it seems to be very uneffective with cpus…

Actually you can by now. Recently I added support for the GetBlockTemplate/SubmitBlock protocol to Mumus miner. Unlike GetWork this protocol works fine with standard Primecoin-Qt.

Since Rdebourbon added the code too I would recommend using his miner. Just download the most recent version from here.

I assume you already know how to setup the config for solo mining, but I’ll explain it anyway in case someone else wants to try it:

Navigate to the Primecoin data directory (the one where the wallet.dat is located)
On Windows you can find this directory at C:\Users<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Primecoin

In this directory create a file primecoin.conf with the following contents:

rpcuser=rpcuser rpcpassword=rpcpassword rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 rpcport=8332 server=1

In case you want to have multiple machines connect to a single wallet you can set the rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 parameter in the config to just rpcallowip=* which means that external computers are allowed to connect.[/quote]

Where can one find a windows binary for this solo system, all dropbox links are dead ?

No worries, formatted the only win ive got - replaced with Gentoo :wink:

If anyone has the windows version, would it be possible to upload it on another site? The dropbox account has been temp banned due to usage.

These were posted on another forum, so I hope the owner of the box doesn’t mind.
https://mega.co.nz/#F!SMdjBZjA!ft7TBVIedEg820_3GFzEAQ
https://mega.co.nz/#F!qMtCBSZZ!E3XRKgZRNN03AZtGAYZw7Q

Give those a try, if you have any success, please share. I was able to get all the miners talking to the server. But random machines report back 0’s on all the stats.

nReal,

How did you setup your system of miners? I’m curious to know if I am doing it right.

The only shares it actually reports is blocks ;D

Max diff tells you youre on the road if its bigger than 0, then it should be right…

�����������������������������������������������������������������������������
New Block: 366166 - Diff: 10.426319 / 10.426319
Total/Valid shares: [ 0 / 0 ] - Max diff: 8.487399
6ch/h: 0.00 - 0 [ 0 / 0 / 0 ]
7ch/h: 0.00 - 0 [ 0 / 0 / 0 ]
8ch/h: 0.00 - 0 [ 0 / 0 / 0 ]
Share Value submitted - Last Block/Total: 0.000000 / 0.000000
Current Primorial Value: 61
�����������������������������������������������������������������������������

That windows miner second link that Grindal posted the solo one seems to work, and report also smaller shares than blocks.

Yep, same here. Does it work at least? Did you happen to find a block?