Private PrimeCoin Pool [HowTO]

Has anyone got a server and miner setup for Linux/Debian 7 working? I got the server working, but I don’t think I have a valid client. Just returns a seg fault, when I run it. Offering a 50 XPM bounty for a fix.

[quote=“Jabroni, post:20, topic:469”]On my case I cant get this setup stable… after like ~12 hours seems like the RPC thread of the primecoind crashes. Even trying to exit my wallet, that thread wont die until I force it via the Process Explorer. Ive tried the official 1.2 wallet and the HP11 wallets on Windows 8.1 64bits

On the jhprimeminers I just get

UpdateWork(GetBlockTemplate) failed.

Might fire up my wallet on a Linux VM just to see if the windows builds is having this issues[/quote]

yea im getting same problem here can anyone help

I can confirm this same issue appears on the linux 64 build :frowning:

Seems to be aproblem realted to the Linux build of the miner. I have both parts (Server and miner) running on Windows 7.

Just got my second block. might be luck, but Performance seems to be better then with HP11.

Edit: After 48h 3 Blocks, 9 9-shares, 1 10-share

[quote=“MUTO, post:24, topic:469”]Seems to be aproblem realted to the Linux build of the miner. I have both parts (Server and miner) running on Windows 7.

Just got my second block. might be luck, but Performance seems to be better then with HP11.[/quote]

That’s pure luck, running slightly more cores than you and one block in ~50h :smiley:

On the other posts, official wallet 1.2 on Windows and the mentionioned miner on Windows machines runs rock solid for the same amount of time, no problems at all but yeah, a fast linux miner would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Miners (Linux+wine+ jhPrimeminer_RdBBeta4.0E3_x64(very slow miner)) + Server (linux+hp11)=Very bad couple.

i was running in windows server 2008 but still had issue with only some connecting to the server others said that there was no connection

Guys,

There might be no longer a need to use Wine. Came across this port we can perhaps build upon it . Thought I would share, will let you know my performance once i try it.

Let me know how it performs when you try it
https://github.com/erkmos/jhPrimeminer

[quote=“optimusprime, post:28, topic:469”]Guys,

There might be no longer a need to use Wine. Came across this port we can perhaps build upon it . Thought I would share, will let you know my performance once i try it.

Let me know how it performs when you try it
https://github.com/erkmos/jhPrimeminer[/quote]

Doesn’t seem to work for me at all.

That one is kinda old, no getblock and no -xpm

Yea i discovered after posting.

Yes, it really works!

I’ve already found my first block in this way

There are some questions:

1. Where can I find the number and id connected miners to the main wallet?

2. Where can I find the performance of each miner?

3. Where can I find the performance of entire my pool?

4. How change number of used threads (optin - t) “on the fly” in jhPrimeminer?

1. You have to count your miners.

2. Only in the minter itself.

3. You have to sum the performance of each of your miners. Centralized you could only calculate a block/day value, which will have a big variance.

4. I don´t know.

I found 6 Blocks in 4 days, but now waiting for the 7th block for almost three days :smiley: . That’s the kind of variance you have to stand when solomining. Looking forward to beeeeer beeing online again.

[quote=“Jabroni, post:20, topic:469”]On my case I cant get this setup stable… after like ~12 hours seems like the RPC thread of the primecoind crashes. Even trying to exit my wallet, that thread wont die until I force it via the Process Explorer. Ive tried the official 1.2 wallet and the HP11 wallets on Windows 8.1 64bits

Might fire up my wallet on a Linux VM just to see if the windows builds is having this issues[/quote]

I keep getting the same errors, I’ve tried a Windows server and Linux server, used Primecoin HP and standard Primecoin builds from sunnyking, tried 32-bit and 64-bit builds and keep getting the same issues.
Does anyone have a stable build?

It seems to be fine when I only connect 1 machine, but when I try and use all my machines (25), then the same error occurs. It’s rather annoying. :-\

Any ideas?

[quote=“slanjer11, post:34, topic:469”][quote=“Jabroni, post:20, topic:469”]On my case I cant get this setup stable… after like ~12 hours seems like the RPC thread of the primecoind crashes. Even trying to exit my wallet, that thread wont die until I force it via the Process Explorer. Ive tried the official 1.2 wallet and the HP11 wallets on Windows 8.1 64bits

I keep getting the same errors, I’ve tried a Windows server and Linux server, used Primecoin HP and standard Primecoin builds from sunnyking, tried 32-bit and 64-bit builds and keep getting the same issues.
Does anyone have a stable build?

It seems to be fine when I only connect 1 machine, but when I try and use all my machines (25), then the same error occurs. It’s rather annoying. :-\

Any ideas?[/quote]

OK, I think it was to do with the rpcthreads option in primecoin.conf. I added rpcthreads=1024 to my primecoin.conf, all seems well now…

EDIT: Spoke too soon, same problem happens again after nearly an hour ::slight_smile:

I believe there is an issue with RPC connections not being disconnected when needed thus once all the threads are used up then the primecoin RPC server just stops responding.

I believe this was an issue before with bitcoin but I am digging up more details and testing my changes to the source code for primecoind.

I’ll post an update on this thread with my findings :slight_smile:

OK, I think I found a fix!

I made a few changes to the source code, I’ve attached the files that have been updated, it should be placed in the src folder and you will need to compile primecoind yourself :slight_smile:

Been testing it for the past few hours, seems OK now, it is SunnyKing’s version that I’ve compiled and not HP version, but I wasn’t going to mine on my server anyway :wink:

I’ll test for a few more hours and see how it goes hmm…

EDIT: Spoke to soon again, same issue. Will make some more changes and keep testing, I’m not exactly a coder lol

I’ve just downloaded the official release v0.1.2xpm-beta, running on windows for ~2 weeks now, accepting connections from 7-10 rde miners just fine - found 11 blocks so far.

[quote=“slanjer11, post:37, topic:469”]OK, I think I found a fix!

I made a few changes to the source code, I’ve attached the files that have been updated, it should be placed in the src folder and you will need to compile primecoind yourself :slight_smile:

Been testing it for the past few hours, seems OK now, it is SunnyKing’s version that I’ve compiled and not HP version, but I wasn’t going to mine on my server anyway :wink:

I’ll test for a few more hours and see how it goes hmm…

EDIT: Spoke to soon again, same issue. Will make some more changes and keep testing, I’m not exactly a coder lol[/quote]

This is great, effort, I got mine stable by just restarting it. It just stabilized itself it seems .

Home many chains/day does each of your machines do ?