[Primecoin] No block source available 2017 ed

Hello everybody,

I had left some primecoins in an old mining wallet. Unfortunatelly I am stuck 9 weeks behind and constantly get No block source available.

any known working nodes?

Also what is the best pool to mine primecoin now, or is solo still best?

1 Like

Edit: The below is only valid for peercoin, sorry I’ve misread your question.

Below are some 5.4 nodes you can connect to.

add the following to your ppcoin.conf

addnode=216.164.138.13:9901
addnode=86.236.218.209:9901
addnode=198.54.123.200:9901

Thanks!

for everybody else reading this the path is appdata/roaming/primecoin/primecoin.conf

Oh you meant primecoin, sorry those were peercoin nodes.

ok funny thing is that it detects the nodes .

any working nodes for primecoin?

I have

addnode=primeseed.muuttuja.org

in primecoin.conf

1 Like

Primecoin is coming back!! But where are people putting there primecoin? It’s an active currency & hasn’t died yet, I collect for over 25 cryptocurrencies, and I have never had such a popular currency give me such trouble. People might not talk about primecoin a lot anymore but I know it only is because the wallet is not working (obviously right?) so lets get it going. There has got to be a way and I’m looking for the genius that will help the world out, or atleast me.

You guys, I check this post everyday, & I’m not getting what I need from the internet which is rare, so I’ve decided to join in on the forum.

Okay SO!

As everyone knows, primecoin will reach a dollar soon, and may actually skyrocket way further throughout the year, great way to double your income IF you could get the wallet to work…

Nothing I’ve read anywhere has worked. Not even on Tor Onion, This is the newest Forum, However I’m going to copy and paste this in every forum involving primecoin, to get an update on the ongoing issue.
Someone must know something.

Things I’ve tried

1. Made (primecoin.conf) Via Notepad.
  2. Added Nodes
  3. Tried Putting “Connect” Instead Of “Addnode” Didn’t Work So I Went Back With “Addnode”
  4. Forced My Internet Time To Update Via NTP.
  5. Tried Finding Only The Newest Nodes, Removed The Ones From Old Forums.
  6. Re-Installed
  7. Kept An Eye On Debug Document, With No Improvement
  8. Tried (addnode=primeseed.muuttuja.org) Upon Discovery… Nothing.
  9. Tried Peercoin Nodes (Got Desperate Lol)
  10. Left It All Night… Nothing Still.
  11. Removed Nodes I Felt May Not Be #USA Region.
  12. Forced Computer To Shutdown & Update.
  13. Lots & Lots Of Google Searches (Even Tor Onion Searches; Maybe There Was Some Hidden Working Nodes…Nope)
  14. Joined The Forum Because I Can’t Figure It Out And Don’t Want To Give Up.

I’d post photos but the post already took awhile to right so i’ll just describe

1. Bottom left says “No Block Source Available 199 Weeks Left”
  2. Bottom right has 0 active conections
  3. Everything is out of sync.
  4. Debug just keeps saying “Timeout Timeout Timeout etc.”

Someone. It is now MAY 1st 2017!!! And I don;t want primecoiners to give up! Lets figure this out.

1 Like

My wallet shows 8 connections but it is not updating the blockchain very fast in 4weeks behind last updated it last month.

Odd. I am getting around 27 connections when i open my client. Maybe it is a firewall or router settings on your side?

1 Like

Apart from the client, other user friendly wallets will actually help the adoption of primecoin. Why is this friendly wallet development not happening ?

кстати, о настройках. Как увеличить число подключений? напишите подробно

forward port 9911

1 Like