Primecoin is STILL our best investment advice, recent actions verifies the shift

Primecoin has been our best investment advice since it hit its lowest value since launch (0.0008 BTC per XPM). Primecoin has showed buy resistance around 0.001 BTC per XPM and has a potential short term value of 0.01 BTC per Primecoin. We believe that Primecoin is the most innovative coin out there and that it can attract many more investors, merchants and private users in the coming months to follow.

Regarding the longterm value of Primecoin we believe it can come close to 0.03 BTC per XPM within the end of next year (or even more). To read more about Primecoin you can visit our Primecoin information page.

The buy volume on mcxNOW was about 21 000 Primecoins and on BTC-e it added up to more than 40 000 Primecoins, with and added value of more than 800 Bitcoins with the current low prices of Primecoin.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/11/21/primecoin-still-best-investment-advice-recent-actions-verifies-shift/

i just dont know why i cant open a new theat. This foum is soooooo bizarre ! i have some many question about prime but can’t ask it. also the wikipedia give very small information and make confuse my friend who do not know if XPM project is 100% safe.

ok, can somebody look at this article:

it means that there is no large gap between largo prime number ? and the prime number goes to infinity? so this is very good news for primecoin right? the PoW could be more safe then SHA256, right?

good question, any thoughts?

[quote=“satriani, post:2, topic:867”]i just dont know why i cant open a new theat. This foum is soooooo bizarre ! i have some many question about prime but can’t ask it. also the wikipedia give very small information and make confuse my friend who do not know if XPM project is 100% safe.

ok, can somebody look at this article:

it means that there is no large gap between largo prime number ? and the prime number goes to infinity? so this is very good news for primecoin right? the PoW could be more safe then SHA256, right?[/quote]
Sorry u are having trouble with the forum, looks like English is not your first language. I have mentioned in 3 posts in welcome to forum thread that u need to reply to two threads before you can start a new thread.

I also added this to the fine print when you signed up to the forum. But most don’t seem to read that.

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Very interesting forecast.

I have noticed that cryptocoinnews widely supports XPM but it seems they do that because people are paying them to continue to write positive articles about XPM and say its a great investment. Anyone have any relatively unbiased thoughts on investing in primecoin for the long term. I am sold on peercoin yet I have read primecoins main purpose was to ultimately boost peercoin longterm. Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

I think primecoin will do better than peercoin as the proof of stake is a major turn off for those who want a low maintenance solution. Furthermore the distribution on peercoins is another turn off due to ASICs.

We need to look at how a consumer would choose the coin.

At the moment it seems primecoin fixes all the problems with bitcoin and litecoin. I am still undecided by the blockchain size and whether it will be a problem but the larger transaction fee prevents futile dusting and with storage capacity climbing each year I believe it won’t be a problem.

I also don’t know what the average transaction size is but since you shouldn’t combine dust in primecoin, the usual 0.01 fee applies to basically every common transaction. This simplicity also appeals to a consumer.

At the moment I am still trying to get my hands on some primecoins…

[quote=“lindatess, post:7, topic:867”]…
At the moment it seems primecoin fixes all the problems with bitcoin and litecoin…[/quote]

What problems?
Btw, the only thing I know of Primecoin is Prime numbers and CPU.

[quote=“0ptimal, post:8, topic:867”][quote=“lindatess, post:7, topic:867”]…
At the moment it seems primecoin fixes all the problems with bitcoin and litecoin…[/quote]

What problems?
Btw, the only thing I know of Primecoin is Prime numbers and CPU.[/quote]

Well a CPU should be able to compute mathematics faster than anything else. There is no need for any advanced computational algorithm. Furthermore, there is no closed solution for prime numbers making it less likely to be gamed by a system.

Bitcoin has some flaws including slow transaction times and in theory if you don’t pay a fee that transaction may not be completed for months as more and more transactions with higher priority enter the chain. There is also a maximum number of transactions per day that can be completed and no method to prevent mining pools colluding to decrease block sizes and increase transaction fees.

Both of the bitcoin and litecoin suffer from centralisation of mining pools. Scrypt asics are coming out soon and we will see the same centralisation issue and it will become overly monetised instead of being used as an alternative virtual currency. More and more mining will be done by fewer people allowing intelligence agencies to seize assets as the conspiracy theorists believe.

Although, I don’t see why one would use coins at all if we achieve usd/aud/cad/eur/cny/rub denominated wallets which are already available and easy to use. I argued that the future of virtual money is in fact proprietary bank products allowing secure money transfers using easy methods which are transaction free. Examples include: http://www.gomoney.anz.com/. In the future it may be conducted on a token machine, similar to that of those RSA tokens. The difference with primecoin is that it is international.

There are few other organisations that conduct low-cost international transfers that haven’t been targeted by enforcement agencies, one notably, Western Union. So usage of those services comes with a cost even if you are conducting legitimate business. Iranian E-Gold accounts were confiscated and you can do some research on this. The problem with western union is paperwork, so if someone doesn’t like it they would just use a SWIFT international bank transfer provided by a local bank.

It’s a bit like how many people choose the Apple over the Android. That’s why I see primecoin functioning much better than bitcoin and litecoin due to it’s ease of use. Although at the moment there doesn’t seem to be nice looking user interfaces.

[quote=“lindatess, post:9, topic:867”][quote=“0ptimal, post:8, topic:867”][quote=“lindatess, post:7, topic:867”]…

What problems?
Btw, the only thing I know of Primecoin is Prime numbers and CPU.[/quote]

Well a CPU should be able to compute mathematics faster than anything else. There is no need for any advanced computational algorithm. Furthermore, there is no closed solution for prime numbers making it less likely to be gamed by a system.

Bitcoin has some flaws including slow transaction times and in theory if you don’t pay a fee that transaction may not be completed for months as more and more transactions with higher priority enter the chain. There is also a maximum number of transactions per day that can be completed and no method to prevent mining pools colluding to decrease block sizes and increase transaction fees.

Both of the bitcoin and litecoin suffer from centralisation of mining pools. Scrypt asics are coming out soon and we will see the same centralisation issue and it will become overly monetised instead of being used as an alternative virtual currency. More and more mining will be done by fewer people allowing intelligence agencies to seize assets as the conspiracy theorists believe.

Although, I don’t see why one would use coins at all if we achieve usd/aud/cad/eur/cny/rub denominated wallets which are already available and easy to use. I argued that the future of virtual money is in fact proprietary bank products allowing secure money transfers using easy methods which are transaction free. Examples include: http://www.gomoney.anz.com/. In the future it may be conducted on a token machine, similar to that of those RSA tokens. The difference with primecoin is that it is international.

There are few other organisations that conduct low-cost international transfers that haven’t been targeted by enforcement agencies, one notably, Western Union. So usage of those services comes with a cost even if you are conducting legitimate business. Iranian E-Gold accounts were confiscated and you can do some research on this. The problem with western union is paperwork, so if someone doesn’t like it they would just use a SWIFT international bank transfer provided by a local bank.

It’s a bit like how many people choose the Apple over the Android. That’s why I see primecoin functioning much better than bitcoin and litecoin due to it’s ease of use. Although at the moment there doesn’t seem to be nice looking user interfaces.[/quote]

I agree with everything you just said. The idea that now you have to use ASIC to mine bitcoin will deter wider adoption. Now that bitcoin has gone ‘mainstream’ people will be looking at how they can get a hold of Bitcoins. Once they see the high asking price for a bitcoin they will likely be turned off by it. There is no incentive to switch from fiat currency. However with Primecoin, as it gains popularity, people can mine immediately for fractions of coins without investing large sums of money on GPUs or ASICs. In the future, the hope is the Primecoin value will be the several hundreds USD per coin. So even someone mining on an average multi core desktop for a week, can obtain several dollars worth of coins. It doesn’t seem like much, but if you want some coins at least you have some.