PPC Mascot? Yes or No

I was chatting with a few members on the chat box yesterday.
I mentioned something about a PPC mascot. I know there was a 20PPC bounty for the best one, but I’m not aware if one was chosen.
Anyway, what are your thoughts on having a mascot?

You could argue that its needed, it could attract a larger user base. With the intro of meme coins, they have their own mascot so to speak. PANDA, DOGE, MEOW etc all have a mascot. It would be hard to create one thats relevant to PPCs name, but nonetheless it could be beneficial.

On the other hand having a mascot could attract the wrong crowd. We don’t want our PPC to become just ‘another one of those coins’.
What are your thoughts?

Perhaps we could unofficially make an official mascot. Meaning, we agree on one mascot design, and that sticks to being PPC’s mascot, however it won’t officially be associated with PPC. - That way those who want to use it can, and we won’t have quite a few different mascots that would make things complicated…

Just a thought.

What about a third option?

I think mascots are ok, sometimes… I’d say yes if we find something cool and accepted by the community and no to an obligation to find a mascot.

What about a talking paperclip with eyes? Everyone loves paperclip mascots!!

Let us learn from Dogecoin and choose a cozy animal. What about a happy koala bear? ;D

If this is to be done, please don’t make it cheesy.

Isn’t the golden P with the leaf symbol a “mascot” - or at least an emblem?
How would a mascot differ?

I don’t really think it is a priority, but it could make Peercoin slightly less boring. How about a Peercoin Puma? It looks a bit more serious than some other animals, which could help differentiate it from other coins (without being cheesy). I agree with not making it “official” anyway, it could just be something we use informally.

As someone said in the mascot thread, Peercoin doesn’t look exciting or aggressive as a Puma. Not sure I see it as a mascot.

“Be ecological, sustainable and secure as an aggressive Puma!!”

On the other end, Peercoin isn’t cheesy either. It’s something logical and very well thought.

As are paperclips!! They are also ecological, sustainable and secure! :smiley:

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:5, topic:2168”]Isn’t the golden P with the leaf symbol a “mascot” - or at least an emblem?
How would a mascot differ?[/quote]

I’d say the eyes is what makes a mascot.

How about a piggy bank theme. Like this, but with peercoins instead of USD:

im still a fan of

[quote=“mrbickle, post:7, topic:2168”]As someone said in the mascot thread, Peercoin doesn’t look exciting or aggressive as a Puma. Not sure I see it as a mascot.

“Be ecological, sustainable and secure as an aggressive Puma!!”[/quote]

That’s exactly why I think it would make a good mascot. It adds something Peercoin is missing.

Also, maybe it’s just me but I would definitely associate pumas with ecology.

[quote=“river333, post:11, topic:2168”][quote=“mrbickle, post:7, topic:2168”]As someone said in the mascot thread, Peercoin doesn’t look exciting or aggressive as a Puma. Not sure I see it as a mascot.

“Be ecological, sustainable and secure as an aggressive Puma!!”[/quote]

That’s exactly why I think it would make a good mascot. It adds something Peercoin is missing.

Also, maybe it’s just me but I would definitely associate pumas with ecology.[/quote]

I’m still not sure if I like the mascot/puma idea, but I must say that’s a good point. Maybe a mascot can complement instead of just represent.

I’d have to give it further thought. We talked about this before in the chat box and I was leaning more on the side of no.

Maybe a mascot can complement instead of just represent.

I definitely like the idea going this way, if it does.

I don’t think the Mascot should be some sort of spokes(thing). It should be something that you see and go, “Oh yeah that’s Peercoin!”

Does Gold have a mascot?

How about the Euro? No Mascot?

Does the U.S. Reserve have a mascot?

Now, I understand Dogecoin’s reason for having a mascot. The sole purpose of the coin’s existence was because of the mascot; that’s different and it worked for them for that reason. (They needed a reason to exist)

What we need is a human PR-person or official representative(s) for our coin, that can be interviewed by the media.

That’s our Peercoin logo. That’s plenty of branding already and it accomplishes what you just said.

[quote=“ppcman, post:14, topic:2168”]Does Gold have a mascot?

How about the Euro? No Mascot?

Does the U.S. Reserve have a mascot?

Now, I understand Dogecoin’s reason for having a mascot. The sole purpose of the coin’s existence was because of the mascot; that’s different and it worked for them for that reason. (They needed a reason to exist)

What we need is a human PR-person or official representative(s) for our coin, that can be interviewed by the media.

That’s our Peercoin logo. That’s plenty of branding already and it accomplishes what you just said.[/quote]
Just to add my initial request for a mascott was when it was looking like there was a tshirt and hoodie company looking to create some Peerocin clothing lines and I thought it would eb useful to have a few mascot’s to throw on tshirts… nothing much more than that, I agree a Marketing PR person will do a loit more for the coin than a mascot will, but in the clothing world I think there is definately scope for a few peercoin mascots and designs… I stil really want some peercoin clothing after all I am “No life but Peercoin!” just need some time to speak to companies to make this happen or someone else to get quotes and designs from a manufacturer.

Fuzzybear

We might take some smart screenshots from the new video and use that on clothing. Or even from the old video.
That way we build a bit of an image (the “hey, that’s Peercoin”).

BTW the Euro and US$ have their mascots in a way, they are issued by their institutions which provide the marketing and trust. Just check http://www.ecb.europa.eu/home/html/index.en.html
Check the logo and the banner. Interesting to see that the EU banknotes are about buildings and bridges (capital).

That’s why I liked the last shot of the old video. The Peercoin building.

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:15, topic:2168”]Just to add my initial request for a mascott was when it was looking like there was a tshirt and hoodie company looking to create some Peerocin clothing lines and I thought it would eb useful to have a few mascot’s to throw on tshirts… nothing much more than that, I agree a Marketing PR person will do a loit more for the coin than a mascot will, but in the clothing world I think there is definately scope for a few peercoin mascots and designs… I stil really want some peercoin clothing after all I am “No life but Peercoin!” just need some time to speak to companies to make this happen or someone else to get quotes and designs from a manufacturer.

Fuzzybear[/quote]

Oh, that’s completely doable.

It could have a smaller Peercoin logo on it, but also some cool phrases or pictographs to illustrate a point.

Look at this google image search

…there was no real mascot for these variations, but Coke sure got creative with stuff. Many of these would have made good t-shirts back in the day.

Now we have to do the same with Peercoin, but only more modern.

WARNING! No meme shirts depicting copyright images though. We don’t want to steal artwork or unlicensed imagery to promote ourselves. No homer simpson, no spongebob, none of that…

P.S. Cybnate, love the idea that we could take some frames from our upcoming video, that may work. Good thinking…

Iberian lynx

What about a simple leaf? The leaf from the “i” in the Peercoin logo. Would be more a symbol than a mascot, although there could be a version with eyes and mouth ( … NOT … :D)

Would be cool to see Peercoin-T-Shirts with only the leaf on one side and the full logo on the other, for example :wink:

I’ve combined the two with my amazing paint skills to create some kind of weird mutant clippy…leafy?

I think this competition is over, we have our new mascot ;D