POS in bitcoinmagazine.com

I guess that was the report after Sunny was interviewed by the author

“There have been several proposals on how proof of stake can be implemented; the only one that works in practice, however, is PPCoin, once again created by Sunny King. PPCoin’s proof of stake algorithm works as follows.”

We’re publishing the interview in issue 13. But yes, this is the PPCoin article that everyone here wanted me to write :slight_smile:

Next up, article on proof of excellence (also partially inspired by the Sunny interview), coming soon…

[quote=“Vitalik Buterin, post:2, topic:324”]We’re publishing the interview in issue 13. But yes, this is the PPCoin article that everyone here wanted me to write :slight_smile:

Next up, article on proof of excellence (also partially inspired by the Sunny interview), coming soon…[/quote]
Hi Vitalik,

I am Red from China, currently working as a translator in a JV. Been obsessed with btc and recently in btc security market. It’s so amazing that I could get access to these brilliant people.
I translated Sunny’s design paper on PPC into Chinese and posted in the following link:
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_d3b90b760101bi7n.html

I am also the mod of investment subform of some leading chinese btc websites, like btcman.com and 8btc.com.
I am also the host of a btc security investment QQ group with over 300 active investors.
Anyway, I am hoping to establish a contact with the leading author and making more friends in the community.
Cheers,
Red
PS: My skype id is gzreddragon. It would be nice to chat through skype.

Thanks! I have got in contact with Vitalik.

Great article, now I finally understood how PoS basically works, especialy the dynamic difficulty was a part that brings light into the dark :wink: .

What I still don’t understand. How is the reward calculated? Is someone able to help me out here?

I guess it is somehow based on coinage but I’m not sure :-\

[quote=“MUTO, post:5, topic:324”]Great article, now I finally understood how PoS basically works, especialy the dynamic difficulty was a part that brings light into the dark :wink: .

What I still don’t understand. How is the reward calculated? Is someone able to help me out here?

I guess it is somehow based on coinage but I’m not sure :-[/quote]
You are right. POS is based on coinage. As far as I know, if you keep 100 PPC in your wallet starting from today and not spend it. One year later and you shall see 1 coin sitting in the stake balance. Well, that’s not exactly the case. I started my POS minting after keeping the coins for 3 month. About half an hour later, I got my first POS minted coins, which is really exciting.