Poll: How did you first hear about Peercoin?

Poll is above. Interested in these numbers for determining where to focus our marketing efforts going forward.

Also, as I linked in chat: a real-time look at how we’ve successfully re-branded ourselves as Peercoin from PPCoin

After forgetting about Bitcoins back in 2011, my friend blew my mind by telling me they were $60 in February 2013.

Starting doing some research and learned there were other coins out there. Found out about bitcointalk back in April 2013. Did some research, decided PPC was the coin to go with rather than LTC. Very happy with the choice ;D

Voted other.

Heard of Bitcoin in August 2011. Thought about and briefly tried mining, but didn’t have proper hardware (even then!). Frustrated I left it alone till October 2013 when I stumbled across some Bitcoin news. Googling around I came to coinmarketcap.com and that’s where my journey started to find the best cryptocoin. Lurked through many forums and it appeared to be Peercoin, although I’m still keeping an eye on other coins.

BTW I did found my empty Bitcoin wallet dated somewhere in August 2011 and an early version of the client. Stuff to keep for the personal electronic archive :wink:

[quote=“Yurizhai, post:3, topic:1440”]After forgetting about Bitcoins back in 2011, my friend blew my mind by telling me they were $60 in February 2013.

Starting doing some research and learned there were other coins out there. Found out about bitcointalk back in April 2013. Did some research, decided PPC was the coin to go with rather than LTC. Very happy with the choice ;D[/quote]
My story too.

Found out trough btc-e, I guess. I knew there were altcoins but most of them seemed pretty much like useless copy paste coins. Stumbled upon Peercoin, had luck and partly understood what PoS will accomplish and bought some coins. Holding and minting since.

Voted other.

Heard of Bitcoin in 2010, did not really pay attention to it. Late 2013 there was a report on Bitcoin on TV, so I started educating myself about cryptocurrency. Tried to figure out which coin holds the best concept at the moment and sticked to Peercoin. Concept and grown-up community made the decision almost too easy. :slight_smile:

Edit: Forgot to mention - www.coinmarketcap.com gave me a first glimpse of the current market situation.

Voted other. I saw it on exchange (BTC-E.com)

I investigated every coin on btc-e.com and when I discovered that Novacoin is a take off of Peercoin, and the true developer of proof-of-stake Sunny King made peercoin, it was a no brainer to buy peercoin instead. :slight_smile:

If we were going to target ways to spread peercoin, if any of the exchanges or even “charts” websites have paid advertising, it would be a good idea for us all to throw some coins into a peercoin address that Fuzzybear or whomever controls to buy us some advertising on those sites.

Other; saw ppc being mentioned a bunch of times (being described as a sleeping lion) in a chatbox over at blockchain.info back in Oct

First heard about Bitcoin in 2010, did not pay much attention. Tried a small test purchase in early-2013 (£2 - now worth £14!) but found it complicated. Finally motivated by the late 2013 boom

I stumbled onto coinmarketcap.com - downloaded Quark, then Litecoin, but neither seemed to inspire me. I then visited peercoin and read Sunny’s white paper - that was the turning point

I did not understand half of what I read, but the fact that a “white paper” had even been produced suggested a commitment to doing things right. Moreover, Sunny had set himself goals, even a “vision” (savings, saving energy, etc.) and that indicates personal dedication - that convinced me peercoin had a future

I was also impressed by the forum. No shouting, sniping, swearing. Just civil discussion and debate among people, regardless of levels of knowledge

heard about crytocurrency & did some research on bitcointalk.

found ppc is much more interesting & where my foot step in ;D

I wanted to mine BTC but ASICs were needed which isn’t available. So I checked for other coin alternatives at coinmarketcap.com and clicked on peercoin.

Saw it at Bitcointalk in the “List of all cryptocoins”. The “very innovative, low energy” line captured my interest. So I changed a couple of Novacoins and Litecoins I got in the giveaway threads into PPC. Soon it began to rise, but then it fell again, until it rose again to present highs :wink:

Reddit

My curiosity in Peercoin all started when I researched about bitcoins and other alt coins. I heard some news about this, and the interest goes on and on. Now, I’m still a fan of cryptocoin :slight_smile:

我在btc38.com 看见的。
第一次了解它是看见有一位网友写的一篇文章刊登在btc38.com上。它说PPC是最具有投资价值的。我没有相信它,于是我以1.6的价格购买了大量的ANC,大涨后。我就想购买显卡挖ANC。我认为ANC适合,反政府筹款,赌资交易等。但是我看到它的算力,我觉得它很容易被攻击。后来我就想到了PPC。现在我有一些PPC。
过完春节我就回乡下当一位很地道的农民,种出绿色蔬菜和粮食。然后宣布仅接受peercoin。
这是我的点点币地址(Peercoin address):PVDNbjiiDw2fPSYWarryhGqSLx1aoFnAg5
感谢各位有钱人士的打赏。
我是一个中国人,我很喜欢点点币。

I think the poll results are showing a clear indicator that we should be increasing our presence on bitcointalk if possible. I’m going to start posting one or two articles daily on the alternate cryptocurrency board, and I hope others will join me. :slight_smile:

Like most other people I heard about bitoin first (thru a friend on Facebook). I then started looking into other coins (primarily litecoin) and their fluctuations on http://coinmarketcap.com. PPC was one of the leading coins on there so I made a search on youtube and found the introduction video which was enough to spark further interest.

We need to get our newsletters going again. Monocle took over, but he seems to have vanished.

We need to get our newsletters going again. Monocle took over, but he seems to have vanished.[/quote]
Is it not better to post at best just a teaser and then a link to Peercointalk with the full article, so they actually end up reading our boards and hopefully get impressed?
Just a thought.