This file has been truncated. show original
# Proof-of-Stake inflation adjustment
- Status: agreed
- Type: protocol adjustment
- Related components:
- Start Date: 08-11-2018
- Discussion: https://github.com/peercoin/rfcs/issues/19
- Supersedes: (fill me in with a link to RFC this supersedes - if applicable)
- Superseded by: (fill me in with a link to RFC this is superseded by - if applicable)
- Author: Nagalim
While PoS inflation can currently be up to 1% per year, in reality only a fraction of the existing coins participate in the minting process.
This RFC will seek to continuously adjust the PoS block reward such that PoS inflation approximates to 1%/year on average, no matter how much PoS participation there is.
In general, this RFC will look into the intricacies of tying a block reward to the total supply, as well as how to safely implement a fluctuating block reward and a static block reward in tandem.
- The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC 2119](http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2119).
- An 'Attack' is generically any action performed in an attempt to gain an unfair advantage when using the Peercoin protocol.