Peershares introduction video

Hey everyone. I’m going to be working on a number of how-to videos for Peershares and other Peer-topics. My how-to videos would be more about how to use it, and build it. I wanted to also make a quick introduction video to spark some interest in the project for outsiders. Something simple, but enjoyable to watch.

I’d like some constructive feedback on what I’ve produced thus far. Mind you - this does need quite a bit of polish, but the overall structure is in place. Please don’t share it around as it’s not official or complete. It’s an unlisted Youtube video for this reason. :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isnPIZYzLYE

It sounds good, and I like the simplistic style of the animations. The tempo is quite fast though, but maybe that’s a good thing if sparking interest is the goal of the video.

It is a tad quick, but Peershares is a bit different than trying to turn someone onto cryptos. I expected the target audience to already have an understanding of crypto-currencies, and so I just wanted to gloss through the key features of Peershares. What can it do? Start an IPO or Kickstart a product. It’s versatile. Where does this come from? It’s being developed by long time members of the Peercoin community. It’s a brand you may be familiar with and people you can trust. How does it work? You get your own blockchain! I think mentioning that may stand out, as most people tend to understand blockchains as something that is exclusive to each crypto.

Certainly it doesn’t get into the details of everything, but I just wanted something quick to catch a persons interest who may be familiar with cryptos already. I’ll have much longer, slower (and not as flashy) videos that get into the dirty details. The intent of this video though is to draw people into those other videos.

I have just viewed the video - thumbs up to both the script and the visuals. As you say, it is a “teaser”, to get the viewer to click on the links

I would say two things:

1. Do not underestimate the need for even a simple teaser to be absorbed. The viewer needs not only to watch and listen, but to watch and listen and absorb. At the moment, it moves too quickly to the next sentence, before the viewer has digested the last one. Suggestion: can you keep the same script/graphics, but slow it down so it lasts a minute, rather than 35 seconds? I think this would be an improvement

2. Rather than conclude “check out the links”, spend a moment to describe what the links are, and why they are good. E.g. “Check out the three links, the first is for XXX, the second will tell you XXX, and the third will help you to XXX”

Look forward to seeing more!

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:4, topic:2337”]I have just viewed the video - thumbs up to both the script and the visuals. As you say, it is a “teaser”, to get the viewer to click on the links

I would say two things:

1. Do not underestimate the need for even a simple teaser to be absorbed. The viewer needs not only to watch and listen, but to watch and listen and absorb. At the moment, it moves too quickly to the next sentence, before the viewer has digested the last one. Suggestion: can you keep the same script/graphics, but slow it down so it lasts a minute, rather than 35 seconds? I think this would be an improvement

2. Rather than conclude “check out the links”, spend a moment to describe what the links are, and why they are good. E.g. “Check out the three links, the first is for XXX, the second will tell you XXX, and the third will help you to XXX”

Look forward to seeing more![/quote]

Well that’s the second “it’s too fast” comment. I’ll make a slower version and post it as soon as I can. I like the explaining links idea. I’ll dabble with something like that as well.

A good start. But not only the voice talks too fast, the animation doesn’t really help to understand (even a bit distracting). Maybe it’s better to write down the script, break down into several sentences, work on each sentence so the target audience can understand the whole thing in 36 seconds.

Good start!

I’m going to slow it down. We’ll see how that goes.

I’m back with a second shot. I adjusted the pace of the video. Some other minor adjustments as well, but really i’m concerned with the pace at the moment. Does this work a bit better?

http://youtu.be/LWyLEUUjbv4

works for me, good stuff

The pace seems fine to me, but should you mention toward the end that you can use it to automatically distribute dividends to the shareholders? That’s a pretty major point that seems to be missing.

@Sentinelrv I was trying to future proof the video by saying “with built in tools to reward your investors”. I was under the impression that other elements would be added, such as voting. I’ll play around with adding a dividends mention into the script. Good call. Since the pace seems okay, i’ll go ahead and try to crank out a final version with some polish. I think I’ve spent too much time on this project as is. I’m supposed to be doing QA tasks, not video production :P. I’ll be making some how-to videos on peershares in the near future, but there are some other tasks that have priority.

If anyone else has any other feedback let me know. I won’t be making any changes till tomorrow, so there’s still room for suggestions.

Here’s my proposed final. I know it’s not amazeballs, but it’s far better than what I originally was going to go with. I have to more on from this video stuff, so if there’s anything you think could be tweaked let me know today. Tomorrow morning this is going live on the official Peershares Youtube channel for anyone to see/share.

http://youtu.be/UBPqVCBheZs

I have a small point and it’s not important if you’re pressed for time. I rarely hear anyone “Start an IPO”. More common is “Launch an IPO” or “Make an IPO”. You “start a business” or “take a company public” with an “initial public offering”.

Otherwise, it’s a nice video.

[quote=“sportscliche, post:14, topic:2337”]I have a small point and it’s not important if you’re pressed for time. I rarely hear anyone “Start an IPO”. More common is “Launch an IPO” or “Make an IPO”. You “start a business” or “take a company public” with an “initial public offering”.

Otherwise, it’s a nice video.[/quote]

I’ll try to fix that tonight.

Hey everyone. Thanks for your feedback and making the video better. Moving onto other tasks now!

Looks great! Do you know if this is only going to be a temporary version, similar to the one we have on peercoin.net right now? If Overkillcoin does a good job on our Peercoin video, (Which he currently is) Jordan might want to consider funding the production of a more advanced Peershares video by Overkillcoin.

I honestly don’t know. I’ve only had a very brief discussion on future promotional videos with David. More so about filling me in with what’s happening with the Peercoin side of things. I’ve seen some of Overkills work and it would be great to have something of that quality for Peershares.

The only thing I can say for sure at this point is that my work regarding videos going forward will be of the screencap variety. “how-to” type videos for using Peershares to demo the software. Trust me, I’m much better with demo videos than animation :slight_smile: