Peermind - The talking head of the collective

Okay, this is going to sound crrrazy, but I think it could be extremely fun and perhaps even good.

So one thing I’m missing, is a talking head. No-one on the forum seem to be willing to “go on stage” and become the talking head and “face of Peercoin”.

Let’s turn this problem into an asset!

I propose that we create a hive mind like entity, that represent Peercoin. Let’s render a gender-race-neutral face that serve as out talking head. Let’s give it an electronic voice (preferably female sounding) and then when its time to do TV interviews and stuff, select someone to do the talking.

Using this kind of machine entity, we would be able to channel the community consensus. Instead of relying on one person to do the talking, this entity could channel who ever the community suggests do the talking.

If the talking head is being interviewed in a tech-context, Sunny King could be channeled. If its an interview on TechCrunch, then perhaps Jordan Lee could do some talking.

And lets take this one step further!

Let’s reach out to robotics people, people doing 3D-rendering, machine voice creation and present our vision of a talking head channeling the community mind, speaking with one voice for us all.

Check out how ultra realistic rendering we can get:
http://youtu.be/CvaGd4KqlvQ?t=10m20s

…and its realtime! Using things like this, we could make the talking head channel what ever we want to say. :smiley:

I say we reach out to nvidia and ask them if they want to collaborate on a seriously crazy project.

The first ever talking head channeling the thoughts of the collective mind of a totally virtual community. We would be first.

Imagine the screen time such a project would get! Nvidia would get to to showcase their technology and be part of what I already think will become like something we will see more of in the future.

Oh-man… this could be huge!

Nice, we already have the character concept :slight_smile:

I would like to 3d model it on blender.

Oh-man I forgot about that painting. It’s an awesome one. :))

Yea, why not use that as a blue-print! I like the flowing hair on the dude, it might give it some kind of nice sci-fi spacy atmosphere to it. A the green color is spot on! :smiley:

I wonder if its possible to emphasize the androgenic look - kind of make it one-face for all - both men and women? Im not that good of an artist, but it could be done right?!

I think it could be done, but personally i think it will be disturbing to see a face and not be able to determine its gender.
It would be better if we build a single character with its own voice and name.

[quote=“teeneagle, post:6, topic:3181”]I think it could be done, but personally i think it will be disturbing to see a face and not be able to determine its gender.
It would be better if we build a single character with its own voice and name.[/quote]

Yes I think you have a strong point!

I really like the idea. The voice of the entire community reflected in one single neutral entity that represents us all.

[quote=“teeneagle, post:6, topic:3181”]I think it could be done, but personally i think it will be disturbing to see a face and not be able to determine its gender.
It would be better if we build a single character with its own voice and name.[/quote]

+1

Oh-man, my head is spinning this could be so cool… do you remember / do you know of when Charlie Shrem went to the conference as a robot? No? Check it out:

We could have our Peerbot, a 3D rending of that beautiful painting posted above, on that robot and have it controlled by Sunny King. Now suddenly, Sunny King could attend conferences and what not. Or someone else who’s voted to be speaking at this particular moment, but can’t make it there in person.

Man this is the future… :smiley: :))

the future…!
suddenly you remind me an old movie with bruce willis with the clones that subsitutes the real persons’ lives ;D
it scared me then >:D

why does it have to look like a human? if it does, then there is http://www.makehuman.org/

I think a human appeals to a wider audience 8)

Some inspiration: http://cointelegraph.com/news/113230/virtual-roger-ver-spotted-handing-out-bitcoins-in-nyc costs like $3000

Brilliant mobile tele-presence. Waiting until I can hire one when I like to go to some overseas conference. Would save a lot of time.
We should buy one for SK :wink: