Peercoin on Raspberry Pi

@coinosaurus 10 PPC sent.

Only 2 rewards left, better make it quick if anyone else wants one :wink:

Will do it in 7 Hours!

Identifier
YYhbVFZWPRcg

1 Like

I can’t seem to find the var/lib/ppcoin folder. I do have a wallet address on the peerbox. Does it get created after full sync?

Just want to make sure I can backup my wallet and private keys so I never lose my coins.

try /home/user/.ppcoin

Thanks mate. Do I just backup the wallet.dat file and that will always guarantee I can restore my coins?

Yes, just save/copy/backup wallet.dat in your ~/.ppcoin/ folder.

Can you save me one reward too? Have pi, will work through instructions and set up soon :slight_smile:

Same here! Planning on setting it up this weekend :)

My ID: Ddttf9FSp3B5

That picture is quite low res but I think I’ve spotted 8 connections.
You would need a connection count higher than that. Try port forwarding in your router.

@virepz reward sent :slightly_smiling_face:

One reward left. First come first serve.

2 Likes

1 Like

@mel reward sent.

That’s the last reward so no more are available and this project has ended. Thanks to everyone who helped over the 3 years.

7 Likes

Thank you @river for all of your time over the last years, sorry to hear you won’t be running this project anymore.

Let’s pause a little bit and then see if we should continue with the project or not.

@river can you post some statistics for the end? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t visited this thread in a while so I was unaware the project had been low on funds. I imagine many other people were also unaware and did not see your warnings about it. Now that the funds have been emptied out, it would probably make sense to start a separate thread in order to make more people aware of this fact and hopefully find another trustworthy community member to manage it. This has been one of Peercoin’s most successful projects thanks to River’s efforts, so we should try to make an effort to continue it if possible. Thank you again @river for the work that you’ve done here.

1 Like

Hi,
I want to compile v6 on my pi. Any pointers? do i need to upgrade or can i keep using jessie?

I am getting a fatal error atm: miniupnpc/miniwget.h: No such file or directory
#include <miniupnpc/miniwget.h>

You can build it like this on Ubuntu, Linux Mint and other Debian based versions of Linux:

sudo apt-get -y install build-essential libqt4-dev qt5-qmake cmake qttools5-dev libqt5webkit5-dev qttools5-dev-tools qt5-default python-sphinx texlive-latex-base inotify-tools libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev openssl libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev git sqlite3 libsqlite3-dev g++ libpng-dev

sudo apt-get -y update && sudo apt-get -y upgrade

mkdir -p ~/.peercoin

echo "rpcuser=username" >>~/.peercoin/peercoin.conf

echo "rpcpassword=head -c 32 /dev/urandom | base64" >>~/.peercoin/peercoin.conf

git clone https://github.com/peercoin/peercoin

cd peercoin

git checkout v0.6.1ppc

qmake -qt=qt5 && make

3 Likes

I get an error compiling on the pi:
alert.cpp openssl/crypto.h is missing. What to install?

Does this help?

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

1 Like